5.0 out of 5 stars Seasons was meant to be combined with the base game.
For a first purchase you sort of want the base game with the best expansion pack so you don't waste a ton of money buying the other ones. Sure you could and if you love the Sim a whole lot you'll want them but a smart purchase would just go for the base game with the nicest expansion pack.

And this one is that game. The funny thing about it though is that it's...
Published 1 month ago by Aaron Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for me but most likely will work for you
Published 9 months ago by matt33

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Seasons was meant to be combined with the base game., October 27, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)

And this one is that game. The funny thing about it though is that it's deceptive. Technically it doesn't add anything like a new town or a special set of skills to learn or even a building or sub world without rabbit holes. It adds seasonal weather and holidays and oddly enough that's a lot and not too much.

Every Sim can get something out of the seasons and it makes every day different as the weather varies every year. You can adjust how many days the seasons last and as an added bonus aliens are in the game and they will probably abduct you! Actually is that a good thing?
Well if you missed Strange Town from Sims 2 for it's connection to those creeps they are in this expansion pack and you can interact with them in various ways now. If you are super lucky some will just walk to your doorstep and you can socialize with them. You can even learn to ride their ship!

Lifetime rewards and good and bad moodlets are applied for various seasonal problems and events. You can get allergies and you can get a flu shot for them.
It rains and storms with hail and water and it's quite possible to get zapped if you are outside when it's happening. Hail comes down and hurts the Sims. When it snows they trudge through the snow.

There are no plantsims to my understanding. In Sims 2 seasons there were organic plant people that you could grow and have relationships with. They aren't in this game (I think. I have mods full disclosure and it does mention Plantsims. They might be in another one or something you can hack into one of the Sim games but naturally they have not occurred) so if you really liked them they don't make a repeat appearance.

All in all it's a really good deal and you could do a lot worse. If you really want a bit more or you want extra towns but don't want to buy a new expansion pack for them EA has you covered although that will a purchase with their Simpoint currency system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Item is just as described., April 27, 2013
K. Fahrig (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
Item was delivered in a timely manner and was just as described.
I love the sims2 and I wanted to finally get Sims3. I choose the Sims3 with Seasons expantion pack because I thought that it would be fun to have my Sims have seasons and seasonal activities. I am not dissapointed with anything.
The product is everything I expected and so was the sellers handling of the sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, January 7, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
I'm addicted and i just love it! Ive always loved the Sims, but this just takes the cake. Of course you have your occasional glitches and bugs, but that just comes with the Sims. EA does need go work on that. But apart from that, The Sims 3 Seasons is great, and i absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerd attack, January 31, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
I love and have spent way too much time on this game. I love the original The Sims 3 game and the Seasons add on package makes it even better. I would suggest this package for anyone who is a The Sims lovers, I look forward to buying even more add ons!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Sims 3, July 5, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
This has got too be the most important expansion pack ever, it brings changes too the weather, snow,summer,spring and fall. Lots of fun festivals for each season. Kinda wish I would have waited though origin gives premium content away with each game pack you buy!and I really wanted the ice lounge. Plus mother Russia store content! But if any one likes sims and want to expand there gameplay beyond base game start with this!

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas gift, June 7, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
Got it for a friend and they said that they loved it. I love the sims as well, but my computer can't handle it

2.0 out of 5 stars I really tried to like it, May 16, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
I bought this for my daughter, and decided to play around with it for a bit. It loaded up Okay and ran great - for awhile. I messed around with Sims 2, and enjoyed the building aspect of the game. The game play itself was okay. A bit hokey, but playable.

Sims 3 greatly enhanced the building aspect, and the graphics are vastly improved. Game play, however, I can't say I care for at all. It's slodgy. At first it's mostly fine, but as your neighborhood population grows and the crowds start lining up at the school/work doorways waiting for hour upon hour to get inside so they can start their school/work day (often times you get in the building right about the time that you get scolded for not showing up) the game becomes essentially unplayable.

Quite often I've had situations where I will direct my Sim to perform some action. Something simple like cook a meal and eat it. He will stand there for over a Sim-Hour, sometimes two or three Sim-Hours, doing nothing prior to performing the action (or ignoring the action completely and doing something else).

For building, it's a big improvement. For playing, it's a big step backwards. I did try to like it ... I really did.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, April 24, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
i enjoy the sims and searched several sites to be over charged for the same item. I know sims 4 is coming out so charging 70-90 dollars is crazy for this item. i enjoyed this a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars " Raindrops keep falling on thier heads...", March 15, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
This would be my next + + +add on compared to Island Paradise...the rain was awesome, the roll of thunder....watching my guys acting like kids when the did waterballoon fights..ONLY PROBLEM was I couldn't find a dagblasted airconditioner for the house that didn't have any. It was nowhere to be found in my store menues, not even a BOXFAN ! But...as like my previous review, my laptop literally CRASHING prevented me from expirencing the other seasons. I heard that Winter an snowfall was quite beautiful on the game. I will do a follow-up once I get my new replacement laptop going.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for me but most likely will work for you, February 28, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Plus Seasons (Video Game)
My computer chose not to read this disc. It is not my computers problem. I looked it up and found that the disc were not made correctly or something so it will not work on some computers. Hopefully they will fix this for the sims 4. Still buy this product as it might work for your computer. I was able to return mine. I was orginally going to give this a 1 star but decided to just give a 3 in hopes that people will still try it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Sims 3 Plus Seasons
The Sims 3 Plus Seasons by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Macintosh, Windows, Windows 2000 / 95 / 98 / Me / XP)
$39.99