5.0 out of 5 stars Want to go snowboarding, bob for apples or enter a hotdog eating contest? Now you can!
The Sims 3 Seasons is the expansion pack so many have been waiting for, and it's everything I hoped it would be, and more! Every season is packed with new objects, clothing, interactions and community lots to visit. The changing seasons and the weather give the Sims 3 world a whole new life, and bring back that same magic from years ago, the first time we saw it snow in...
Published 20 months ago by Angela Streiff

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy and seemingly untested, unplayable software
I don't usually write reviews complaining about games or software, but sometimes you have to just to warn others about potential problems.

My teenage daughter LOVES the Sims. She has been excited about Sims 3 Seasons for months. She saved up her own money to buy a copy on the first day of release. After installing it, the game ran fine for the first hour or...
Published 20 months ago by Thomas Burka

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 431 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashing, Save 12 errors, Debug errors, and glitches for Mac users., December 26, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
I would love to give this product a nice solid 4 stars, but I ever since I installed this expansion pack, I've gotten nothing but stress and frustration. I am able to play for 10-15 minutes at the most until the game crashes, or freezes. On top of that I can only save twice before an error notification pops up.

I experienced these problems with the Generations expansion pack, but it seemed to go away from time to time. With Season, however, the problems have escalated.

I can guarantee that my Macbook pro is not the problem. The specs should be able to run the game fine, according to EA's system requirements for this game.

I think this problem seriously needs to be addressed by EA. I used to frequent the Sims 3 forum, and many people have been having the same complaints and problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, March 31, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
I own all of the sims expansion packs and I have to say this is my favorite. Love the snow, rain, thunder and lightning, hail, and wind. It's just too cool. Love the leaves falling!! Halloween! kids coming to your door to trick or treat, just awesome!! I can't say enough good things about this expansion pack.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't work!!, January 25, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
I love the Sims 3! I usually rush out to buy the new EP/SP when it comes out. Unfortunately with Seasons, I have not been able to play the game for any amount of time to see if I do like it. Once I installed this EP, my game would crash after 20 minutes. This happened EVERY time I played. I have a MacBook Pro, and while EA says this game will work on a Mac, it does not. I bought this game as soon as it came out and I'm still waiting on a patch to fix whatever is going on. EA has had very cruddy customer service with this issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars I missed the season, November 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
I can remember in the Sims 2 playing at the university and all of the sudden it would snow. While I am still missing University like crazy, I am beyond happy that they have finally brought seasons to the Sims 3. I love just about everything that goes on in this game. You can still make snowman, snow angels, have snowball fights, get a tan, burn, swim, play in the rain and get electrocuted. However they've also added great things such as the festivals, umbrellas and igloos. This addition while not needed make the game even better. This pack has everything Sims 2 seasons had and so much more. I recommend it to any Sims fan.

Downside:

No new community- was kind of hoping but I knew it wouldn't happen. Would have been nice to have a total snow covered community or one where the sun is ALWAYS out. But i can make that myself.

Not many new clothes- That was a bit of an annoyance. Wished there were more cute winter styles.

Winter headgear not automatic- you have to manually go in and change it if you want your Sims nose or face to be covered for the season hoping to stop a cold.

Immunities- Those are way too easy to unlock. They should have been worth more lifetime points rather than 5,000 or 10,000. Made that too easy.

Holiday Lights- You must have a slanted roof in order to have holiday lights. This isnt clearly stated at first but you figure it out after a while. The door should have had lights around it too but it doesn't. Annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, November 14, 2012
shanda (st louis mo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
What really impressed me about this game is the weather channel, I clicked on the tv to find out the weather forecast, and the graphics was just amazing because its so realistic, you can actually see the forecast for the next five days, I loved the sims 2 seasons but this expansion is a lot more fun and realistic.

1.0 out of 5 stars EA HAS THE Poorest Customer Service EVER, December 26, 2012
Mom of 2 boys (Cincinnati, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
I am so disappointed with the level of customer service from this company. They do not stand behind their product. The level of service has declined with each and every new expansion and stuff pack. If you have a MAC, DO NOT buy this product! These games are expensive. The crashes and freezing problems are NEVER solved. The company's answer is to tell customers to "reinstall" and check the forums to see if "anyone else has had this problem." Hmmmm...expecting someone to do the work for them?? They do not care at all about their customer's time, nor do they appreciate those of us who have invested in this series. I preordered (like an idiot) the 70's, 80's, and 90's expansion pack. I am going to see if Amazon, a company that does treat its customers with respect, will do me the honor of canceling that preorder. I am tired of the disrespect and shoddy level of service from the folks at Electronic Arts. Shame on you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be awesome if it worked!, December 29, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
To start off, I love the Sims. I have been playing since Sims 1 and have never really had many problems with them. I have a new iMac, with all the correct specs needed. Yet, this EP is the *worst*. I can literally not make a new sim. Every time I go to make a new sim/family, the graphics go all wonky and it freezes. When I play a family I already made, it's okay, but STILL. To not be able to add *anything* to a game? That seems a bit ridiculous. I didn't have many of the problems from the previous EPs, but it finally caught up to me. I am really hoping they fix this soon because I would love to play a game I have put a lot of $$ into!

Update: I tried a trick of putting the graphics options on low/medium. It actually worked enough to get me to create a new sim. I have only tried it once however. It sucks I have to do this for a game, but hopefully it will be fixed soon..

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game! Just my Mac hates it., December 7, 2012
Cas (the Idaho mountains) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
This is a terrific expansion. It adds a much-requested feature to the Sims 3 franchise--seasons--and expands on them in ways I don't think most Simmers even imagined.

The game does precisely what you might have hoped: the world now has four seasons, the length of which you can customize as much as you like. The temperature varies from very low to very high as appropriate. The seasons impact what your Sim does and wears to a dramatic degree. Each season also has a non-culture-specific holiday associated with it (like Spooky Day rather than Halloween), reflecting the Sims' separation from "real world" language and culture.

The little touches that EA is famous for show up everywhere here. Your Sim can make snow angels in the winter if snow is deep enough. In the fall, deciduous trees change color and drop leaves--so you're going to get to rake them all up! In the summer, you can get a spray tan or lay out, but if you lay out too long, you might get burned. The rainstorms of spring leave puddles you can splash around in. You can make igloos (which you can then take a lover to for some WooHoo), collect wildflowers (which might give you hay fever!), throw holiday parties--to which guests may bring presents of food! Now you can kiss under mistletoe, slow dance to music, carve pumpkins, swim in the oceans and lounge on inflatable pool lounges, and attend seasonal festivals. Snow is one of the most dramatic effects, leaving drifts and snowbanks; when cars drive through it on the roads, they eventually wear tire tracks through it. Rain is appropriately gorgeous and gloomy, especially in map view. Your Sim now has an "outerwear" category for snowy weather, and can acquire an umbrella to handle rain--if you don't take appropriate precautions, you might freeze to death or get soaked (and sick!). Never fear though--a flu shot is available at the hospital.

EA's created two new building systems here worth noting specially. First, their blueprint system allows you to plunk down a room that's pre-decorated and arranged. They have several sizes and themes of room to pick from; these aren't customizable, but if you're using a blueprint in the first place, that shouldn't be a huge issue. Blueprints make building a lot faster, especially on generic houses if you just need one in a hurry for a town. Second, their seasonal marker system allows you to set up five different looks for a lot. If you're already thinking of what a hassle it is to decorate a lot for "Present Day" and then have to re-decorate for spring, this saves you a lot of trouble by letting you set them all up in advance. When the seasons change, the game rolls out the next season's setup for you. EA's set up seasons-changing lots for each of their EA-made worlds so you can see for yourself how cool it is. But you can set up any lot with this marker and enjoy a totally different look for your Sim's house all year long.

The object list and create-a-sim (CAS) stuff is, as always, versatile and interesting. There isn't a new world with this EP, but thanks to the seasonal lots (which you'll have to place yourself in edit town mode), you'll quickly find that all your towns have a very new feel. So hang up some Christmas lights (icicle or straight, your color choice!), make a Grim Reaper Snowman, and enjoy.

I use this product on both a very tricked-out 2009 desktop Mac and a newer, bleeding-edge PC; my Mac hard locks after a half hour or so even after a full uninstall/reinstall (I use no custom third-party content of any kind). My more powerful PC runs it like a charm with no issues whatsoever. Though the game itself is worthy of 5 stars on a PC, I deducted a star because of how horribly the Sims is implemented on the Mac platform. At this point I can't play this game on my Mac. I suspect it runs so poorly for me because of the amount of EA content I own. If you use a Mac and don't have a ton of expansions or Store content, chances are this will run just fine for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!, April 18, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
Having my Sims watch the snow or get excited to play in the fall leaves is awesome!! I had always wondered what it would be like to have the seasons and now its so much fun, I can't even decide which tasks to make a priority!! Love the seasonal festivals!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seasons, April 10, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Seasons (DVD-ROM)
Such a blast. The detail included in the game is too perfect. EA does it again. Shipping was well packaged and didn't take long to arrive.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 431 | Next ›

The Sims 3 Seasons
The Sims 3 Seasons by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$19.99