5.0 out of 5 stars Sims3lovelife
I was very excited to receive this! Thank you so much & it was in great condition, all that's left to complete my sims 3 collection would be into the future & go into Sims 4!!
Published 11 months ago by M. Harrelson

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on December 16, 2011 by Matthew H Rice

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 16, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
I was expecting to have nice guides, and these are a great disappointment. I had an idea that these would not be exactly like the "real" guides, but I had no idea they would look and feel so cheap. For the price and content, I am giving these 2 stars. I hope you have good eyes, because the print is extremely small. The pages are gray, and the print is only a shade or two darker, adding to the difficulty to read them. Don't expect to see any good pictures, they too are small and just slightly different shades of gray.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, Not Prima's Normal Quality, December 16, 2011
Henry G. Reid (Sherman Oaks, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
Having purchased Prima's Strategy Guides since the early 1990's, including all the Sims Guides, I pre-ordered this set looking forward to checking out all the options, modules, and activities. I was surprised to see that in this "set" Prima abandoned their usual format. These books are not only the usual paperback, but actual paperbacks, as in the dime store novel size, with pages of newsprint. The print and photos are so small that you need a magnifying device to see and read "the fine print". As with other normal-sized strategy guides there are photos of scenes, events, and places, not to mention the individual "stuff", but printed on newsprint in variuos black and gray tones, they appear a little more than smudges, and very difficult at best to visualize what is being illustrated.

I may be generous giving this two stars, because the material is there (I Think), however the product overall appeared to be Prima cheaply "pirating" their own regular guides, quoting the indicidual collected prices as a great value, and shrinking it all down into a 7x4X4 inch boxed set. Time to get out my magnifying glass, or perhaps just look at the actual game, and the Sims 3 website.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Really???, December 17, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
I, like the others, was expecting something similar to the usual Prima Guides. Was I ever wrong.

And while they are clearly shoved full of information, I need a magnifying glass to read any of the text. It really doesn't even deserve the 1 star I am giving it.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Information, Poor Presentation, December 20, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
As the other reviews have stated, the print is small and difficult to read without a decent amount of lighting, and the photos are gray. There are also a small amount of typos. However, I'm giving it a three because the guides are compact and ready to read whenever you need to quickly look something up. Yes, there is internet for that, but if you are in an area that does not provide internet, you have these guides at your side. I don't see how this book set is worth the $30.00 it is originally priced at, so paying about $18.00 on Amazon made me feel a little better about buying it. I bought the box set for the Sims 2 also, which included University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, and the original game guide and I was satisfied with them. However, EA made Free Time and Apartment Life before calling it quits on the Sims 2, so these guides did not come with the set at the time that I bought it. The Sims 3 is already working on more expansions, and the new guides will not be included in this set until a later date (I assume), so if you want the full collection, you'll have to pay separately. Also, maybe I'm just picky, but the binding of the books in this Sims 3 set (where the title of each box is) is not color coordinated like the stock image. The Sims 2 box set is colored to match the color of the boxes of the games. This doesn't affect the quality, but again, I guess I'm just picky about certain things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Argh!!! Black and white and tiny print, December 18, 2011
trueshrew (Sierra Vista, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
Wow! Can the print be any smaller and the pictures any darker? The box trumpets that it's an "Over $100 value." Hhmm....is it possible to buy $100 worth of Prima Sims 3 guides in black and white? I think it would have been nice to have legible maps and an index. The money saved by printing in black and white on newspaper weight paper could have been reinvested in making indices. Badly done, Prima!

1.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Disappointment, December 18, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
I thought when ordering this would be a great for the baragin, but I was highly disappointed at Prima for producing something of this poor quality. The print is in newspaper print and extremely small, you need a magnifier glass to even attempt to read. Was looking forward to these guides to learn about the game prior to installing. I guess I will have to just wing it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy a Magnify Glass, March 6, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
The print in these books is so small you must have a magnifying glass to read it.

The information in the books is great. The Sims 3 Encyclopedia has tons of fantastic information that is easy to access. This book alone makes needing the Magnifying glass worth it for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just can't recommend this..., January 16, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
I ordered this set when it was on backorder. I waited over a month to receive it and was surprised at the quality. I knew they would be small versions of the larger guides, but they're so small it's difficult to read. It's all grayscale so really light print is almost invisible. I think it's really hard for people who are new to the Sims 3 and trying to catch up, because you really can't find the guides. EA and Prima should have limited, long term production of the full-sized guides so that new Simmers can still find a copy. As for this set, it's slightly better than nothing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than Pathetic, January 2, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
While I am finally glad to get a strategy guide for Sims 3 Generations, the cheapness of this set is quite a rip-off. The books are bad quality reprints of the larger guides in such small print that even with a magnifier the text is hard to read. Forget trying to see what the illustrations represent.

Don't waste your time and/or money to get this "for suckers only" 7 in 1 guide set. 1 star is far too generous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As Bad As I Thought They Would Be, December 27, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 (Paperback)
I was definitely aware that for this price, these would not be full-size, full-color versions of these guides, however, like most other reviewers, I would have appreciated slightly larger type. I did not think the type was quite as small as some of the reviews would lead you to believe, except for the World Adventures guide, which is just ridiculous, and I liked the Encyclopedia. I'm still finding the game overwhelming, though. I will keep and hopefully use the guides, but might go back to Sims 2 permanently.

The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1
The Sims 3 Box Set: 7 Guides in 1 by Prima Games (Paperback - December 16, 2011)
Used & New from: $9.89