4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Download went smoothly; HELS was just what I needed
I was a little skeptical about buying this SP via Amazon digital download, but for 8 bucks I decided to take the risk. Everything went very smoothly. It downloaded within minutes (I'm on high speed internet), and activation/ installation was a snap, so no issues on that end.

Published on July 24, 2011 by Atomic Grrrrrl

I have become a die-hard Sims 3 fan, even WITH all of the errors and difficulties that I've encountered with this latest version of The Sims. I've even already preordered The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion, since I'm just very excited about what that expansion will have to offer. This stuff pack, however? SO not worth the full price, in my opinion.

The items that...
Published on August 15, 2010 by M.D. Edwards

2.0 out of 5 stars This simply could've been released in The Sims 3 Store. It doesn't merit a CD release for what you get., August 15, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

The items that it offers are, I guess, okay, but there just don't seem to be that many more items in my game since I installed this stuff pack. I was all excited, also, by the thought of getting the big honkin' aquarium into my game a la The Sims 2, but that huge, gorgeous, 5,000 gallon (or whatever it was) cube aquarium is nowhere to be found. What you ACTUALLY get is an updated, slightly larger version of the pitiful looking small rectangular tank from The Sims 2. The one in this Stuff Pack is NICE, but it's definitely NOT what I was counting on getting!

I love The Sims 3. The options that you've got to play around with, the sheer and total beauty of the game (at least with a good dedicated video card, which I installed - WITH a new, more powerful PSU - simply to properly run my Sims game), and all of the new user-created worlds really make this series, in my opinion, the best of the bunch. THIS particular stuff pack, however, just wasn't worth the money to me. If I'd known that this was what I'd be getting for twenty bucks, I probably would've looked around in The Sims 3 Store for buyable content that's more up my alley. And I suspect that The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff is going to be both similar to this Stuff Pack, and similarly disappointing.

Oh well. Three out of four (so far) ain't bad!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Download went smoothly; HELS was just what I needed, July 24, 2011
Atomic Grrrrrl (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff [Download] (Software Download)

As for HELS, it's just one of those SPs that you should only get if it has a few items you know you'll use. It had a few things I'd been wanting for awhile (a particular male hairstyle and the special 10th anniversary items), so I'm more than happy with it. I'm not too crazy about the weird furniture with blue glowing panels, but I appreciate it for the variety it brings to the inventory, since I only have the base game installed. Some of the new outfits are kind of cool, especially for the women (they're very posh). The aquarium is drop dead gorgeous and is the primary reason why I got this SP. The only disappointing thing about HELS was the lack of new clothing and hair options for kids, so I'm taking off one star.

At any rate, if you're unsure of whether to get this SP or not, my suggestion is to go to YouTube and search for "High End Loft Stuff objects clothes." There's a user who posted two videos showing all the objects, outfits, and hairstyles that come with the SP. This should go a long way in helping you make a decision.

3.0 out of 5 stars All right, January 28, 2011
C. L. Hale "QueenCarrie" (Northampton, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
It's not a bad stuff pack. The hairstyles are kind of ridiculous, the clothing, not great. The housewares are definitely pretty cool. My biggest complaint is with the number of additions overall. Rather minuscule. I'd say, unless you REALLY like asymmetrical hems, weird freaking bob haircuts and the color black, maybe take a pass on this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, July 25, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The regular Sims 3 game is extremely fun and with High End Loft Stuff, it makes it slightly better. I don't really believe this is worth its price, I thought there would be more items that came along with it, but I am still pretty satisfied with it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enormously useful Stuff Pack for the Sims 3., March 10, 2012
Cas (the Idaho mountains) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first Stuff Pack EA released for its Sims 3 franchise, and it took a long time for me to really see how useful it is to my games. I first got it for the heart-shaped vibrating bed from the Sims 1, but I very rarely even use the bed anymore (it has shamefully low motive values compared to other double beds). Instead, I find myself using lots of other things from this Stuff Pack in my houses.

It's a fairly complete set of objects for building in an Ikea sort of theme. There are no kitchen objects really, but there is a bathroom, study/office, living room, back patio, and bedroom. The range of objects is very limited, but they're things I use a lot: a really nice wall TV with one of the higher values in the game, a cardio machine that looks way nicer than the base-game version, a really nice desk computer, a bed with high values, and--best of all--a huge triangular spa-style tub with really versatile recolor options. The glass-and-metal fence and gate option is particularly useful and looks gorgeous with just about any house from classical to science-fiction. Of everything in here, the tub, fence, and TV go into almost every house I make. I think most gamers will find a few things in this pack that are similarly indispensable.

As usual with Stuff Packs, the hairs and clothes are the pack's weak points. The female hairs literally look like solid helmets--they are awful-looking to me, but I've got to figure someone at EA thinks female Sims need these options because they keep churning them out, so (hopefully) there must be someone out there who loves them. The men's hairs are actually pretty nice and sleek, except for another bubble-helmet that male Sims also get stuck with regularly. The clothes are science-fiction-looking to me, especially the men's options, but there's a very smart-looking office outfit for women with a pencil skirt and long-sleeved blouse, and a 50s-looking fitted blouse, that I like a lot. These are not dreamy clothes, though; they look futuristic and odd to me for the most part and I rarely use them in non-science-fiction-themed games.

The DVD version of the game works on both Mac and PC, and I haven't noticed any performance or graphics difference between the two platforms. Installation went quite smoothly on both machines. I don't notice any errors or problems ingame due to its presence.

In sum, I rated this 4 stars not because of its all-around usefulness, but because so many of its objects have proven important to my gaming fun over time. I'm very glad it's part of my game, but recognize that not everybody will find it as necessary. It doesn't add that much to the game considering the cost. Unless someone just sees a few objects in here that s/he must have, like I did, this can be safely passed over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, August 16, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I do not have internet at home so going to the Sims Store is out of the question. The Stuff Packs (this is my second) really make the game nicer for me. I really loved what Outdoor stuff did to the water of lakes, pools and the ocean. This one, I really like the uber-modern feel to the objects. My love of uber-modern glass and steel Sims houses is enhanced by the lights and objects in this pack. The clothes are fun and I do enjoy holding parties and giving modern makeovers to the maids and repairmen. All in all, very enjoyable and I would buy it again. Waiting on my third stuff pack right now, town life. Can't Wait!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal when on sale, January 17, 2012
I bought this when it went on sale for $10. It was my first time buying a download and I had no problems.

You get a good amount of items for your home and some nice clothing and hairstyles too. Compared to buying each item individually from the Sims 3 Store, it was a steal when on sale.

As much as I do like the cool, modern look of the content, I would not have paid more than $10 for this. But at that price it was just right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, April 13, 2011
I wasn't very impressed with the number of items in this expansion pack. I've had much better luck with the free EA Exchange. Really not worth the money to invest in this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Much..., April 10, 2011
I had seen the trailer for this stuff pack and was pretty excited about it and ready to get into my game.
Yea no. It comes with so little. Possibly 5 new hairstyles (3-male, 2-female), 6 new articles of clothing which are very bizarre and more sci-fi rather than high end. And only about 20 er so new objects. Its not very fulfilling and I was fairly disappointed with how little it had. I would certainly not recommend this to others who are looking to get the most bang for their buck.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright., December 11, 2013
Honestly, I mostly got this Stuff pack for the electric guitar. Most of the furniture is modern, which really isn't my style. The hairstyles are kind of nice, but the clothes are kind of atrocious. I can use the furniture if I want to make my Sim a modern type, but that's it. I rarely use the stuff, unless I play in Bridgeport. I got it because I am a big Sim player and want to try to collect all of the stuff packs. I just recommend getting this at a lower price, it's more worth it that way.

The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff [Download]