Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff - PC/Mac
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Platform: PC/Mac|Change
Price:$37.30+ $3.99 shipping

on February 5, 2011
I would tend to agree with the other review of this stuff pack for The Sims 3, it just doesn't have a lot of "stuff" in it. I expected several new styles of chairs, BBQ's, counters, etc. There's 1 of each new thing they offer (1 new chair, 1 new table...). Personally, I think the new items really are nice and I will use them, but for $20 it's hardly worth it. Do yourself a favor, save your money and check out the many websites offering free downloadable content. There's a ton of outdoor sets out there made by fellow simmers that are on par with EA's quality, but it's all FREE!
66 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
This game only gives you about 10 objects, it seems. The objects that it comes with are crap and I would only use maybe Five of them at most. Don't waste your money on this Stuff Pack.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2011
should be called Furniture and Kitchen Stuff. Thats what most of the content is. well besides the 40% of the items being "View" only such as your fake lemonade and fake fruit, two shrubs, garden gnome, ect. It has several hot tubs but are redundant if you already own Late Night. Worst of all is there is a pool in the logo but no diving board was added by this stuff pack.
on February 6, 2011
Don't waste your cash -"stuff packs" for the Sims 3 are getting smaller and smaller . I bought High End Loft Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff and feel totally violated . The price for these packs is huge for the # of items . Another drawback is simply that they don't add enough objects with high attribute values , which makes a large % of the content undesirable . When I pay extra cash for new objects I expect to expand my decorating / designing 'arseonal' instead , I find myself using the same few objects over and over ...

The base game for the sims 3 is still without exception the buggiest game I have ever played despite the length of time since it's release .
on February 14, 2011
These stuff packs are getting smaller, and they were too small to begin with starting with The Sims 2. It is such a rip off and a slap in the face to loyal simmers through the years. Only the regular expansion packs are worth buying. That's the last $20 I am going to regret spending on a lame stuff pack. This economy sucks too much to be wasting money on useless garbage.
on April 8, 2011
Look, I'm a huge sucker for ANYTHING sims. I'm very biased when it comes to my opinions on most of the EP's or SP's but... I have to say, this one was SO lazy. I got really pumped expecting a whole bunch of new "outdoorsy" type objects, and what did I get? I whole lot of NOTHING. This game hardly adds on anything at all. Nothing anyone would even notice if they weren't aware that the SP was installed. Literally, the only thing memorable about this stuff pack is the loading screen.

Only reason I'm giving it two stars is because it had ONE cute dress that I liked. I'm surprised they added any clothes, period.

To sum it up, it's disappointing. Should have been a downloadable set from the website at best. Definitely not a stuff pack and definitely not worth the money.

Save your cash for whenever we see a pets EP lol
on March 1, 2011
I have been an avid SIMS player since the original. I played the first rendition and then moved up to SIMS2. I bought and played all the extension packs for SIMS2. Now, I've fallen into SIMS3 and have all the extension packs thus far. Outdoor living was a huge disappointment.

Basically folks, you get a hot tub or two, a few counters to build an outdoor grilling area and not much else is interesting. I had hoped, for the price, that they would have added 'seasons', or a lot more furniture, or cool pool slides, or something different. But there is really nothing "new" in this pack.

Come on, EA, you can do better. Don't disappoint your loyal customers. Keep the add-ons interesting and different. If we want to buy similar items (five different hot tubs or three different grills), let us do it online at the STORE. Give us something to extend game play in an extension pack.

I WANT SEASONS!!!!!!

The game as a whole, SIMS3, is beautiful, and I love it, but if they continue to put out useless extension packs, my loyalty will disappear. (they're dang expensive too!)
on May 31, 2011
I did not purchase from Amazon; I actually received my copy free as a promo deal from EA.

That being said, I am glad that I didn't pay for this item separately. The game was not worth $20, in my opinion. At the most, I would pay $7.

There is nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said about this stuff pack. It is 'stuff,' but not much. Personally, I like two of the shirts for the female sims, but the clothing for the male sims, the so called extra furniture and decor, I've seen better on the Exchange.

So why three stars? Well, it's the Sims and I've been playing since I was a kid, when the first Sims was released in 2000. I can't bring myself to turn my back on it yet.

My advice: wait until it's half off or another promo deal offers it to you for free. You'll be glad you did.
on December 24, 2012
Well the pack says it all. not much to offer as far as game play but, plenty of new items for a stuff pack. Like most stuff packs that are loaded with new items for the players Sims to use, you would think that EA would add a new game feature with each stuff pack to make it worth the price.
on May 1, 2011
This stuff pack makes my game crash as soon as I start to play. I take care of my computer and my computer meets the specs for the game. As soon as I installed this, my game began crashing--I cannot play at all with this installed. Just to be sure, I manually uninstalled all the Sims 3 games I have installed (which is all that have been released to far), following the steps from the Sims 3 site. I also followed all the steps for tuning up my computer (which did not need it as I do that regularly), and then reinstalled everything and began a new game (to be sure the issue wasn't a problem with my saved game). Everything worked fine until this stuff pack was installed. Once this was installed, the game began crashing again as soon as I tried to play (once the game loaded in). I uninstalled it, and the game works just fine again.

It's very disappointing that I can't get this to work at all. EA offers no help and none of the fixes I have found on other sites have helped so far.