Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sims 3 Showtime: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 9, 2012
When I first ordered this product months ago the product description listed its' dimensions as 8.5 x 11 leading me to believe that they were returning to the old-format, larger Prima Guides. Unfortunately that was not the case. And even worse, this one isn't bound in spiral that made it easy to reference the smaller volumes. (See my customer submitted images above).

It does have some redeeming qualities. It is in full color. There aren't any major copy/paste errors (as seen in the previous volumes) that I've noticed so far. A pro or con, depending on whether or not you are a new player, is that they got rid of the beginning section where it basically explains how to Sim. The collectibles all seem to be there (previous game expansion books almost always missed one). The guide is 175 pages all about this expansion and doesn't waste a lot of space. The new author seems to have done a good job.

It loses one star for removal of the spiral binding. Other than that, the guide is excellent!
review image review image
on March 28, 2012
this book really helped me with the sims 3 showtime game. i had many questions i needed answered and this book answered almost all of them. i am very happy with this book as i am with all their others sims books. it is so nice to be able to open a book while playing without having to open another window on my computer. i feel in some cases the book is not dead and i prefer it over a digital book in some cases. very happy with this item.
on February 23, 2013
I love this game guide because this is a tricky game to play without it. I have found it very helpful in playing the game. I do wish that it had more tips on how to achieve the trophies from this game, but that is my only complaint. i still use it. I would recommend reading it first if you like a heads up on the game extension. It will come in handy a lot knowing who to talk to, and how not to die. I would definately recommend this guide if you have the expansion pack, or are planning on getting it.
on August 26, 2015
You need this book for city maps, collectible maps and information on the acrobat, magician and Singer careers and a map of Starlight Shores. It has information on quite a few new venues and houses in the town. Very valuable guide.
on April 12, 2012
Overall this guide is good. Pretty comprehensive. I don't like how small it is, 8" x 5 1/4". It does help when I have question whether it is about the new town or the new professions. I do like the section for cheat codes. Although I wish there would be some new ones. I'm sure those that have been playing the game for a while, know most of them. Overall a good reference to have.
on April 7, 2012
Love these guides to help with new expansions. To learn what to expect once the new addition is added and the in and outs for these new venues is great. Some feel they are cheats to me they are a guide to explain how to play better and have more fun.
on April 5, 2013
My daughter really likes the guides because they tell her things that you wouldnt know unless you have it. Just wish they were cheaper.
on December 27, 2012
Well I had ordered this guide at the same time as my copy of the game Showtime and when I received my package all I had in it was 2 copies of the game. Can't say I'm really upset as I wound up selling the other copy and purchasing the game guide in store, I was just disappointed that what I had ordered wasn't what was delivered to me.
on February 10, 2013
This book is very helpful with knowing what showtime stuff is new in the game. It tells you what your showtime charater needs to do get get up the latter of what ever you want them to become.
on April 3, 2013
it's fun being on stage. I have had gliches such as clicking on a sim and the to do list doesn't appear. I finally deleted this sim but I have had success with other created sims.