5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Lion
Published on September 8, 2012 by Nienna

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY IF YOU HAVE A MAC
Made the mistake of thinking the problems people were having wouldn't happen to me. Was completely wrong-- first had issues downloading through Amazon, and now am having problems literally even opening the game once I finally got it installed.

Published 17 months ago by Elena R Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Lion, September 8, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
Another reviewer has stated that this game does not work with Lion. These games have a tendency to be temperamental and sometimes choose to mess up on individual people, but I have Lion installed on my machine and it works just fine, so it's not an across-the-board operating system problem. Those with custom content installed should remember to remove the Mods folder and clear caches before installing, however, and to update their mods if possible afterwards.

Chances are good, if you're looking at customer reviews, you're more concerned about if the download will work properly than if the game is any good. There are plenty of in-depth reviews out there for figuring out whether or not this game is your cup of tea. So just be aware that there are no inherent conflicts between this EP and Lion; if you experience problems there, I am more likely to wonder if the problem is having a too-old computer or incompatible CC or mods. There's lots of troubleshooting help available in TS3 communities also.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY IF YOU HAVE A MAC, March 27, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)

100% waste of money, DO NOT BUY. Disastrous with Macs, have been jumping through tech hoops all afternoon and I've finally given up trying to play.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Mac download, September 24, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
The download itself for this product was not a problem. I have a Lion operating system on my Mac, and it took the files around an hour or so to download. The installation went smoothly along with the download, but when I pulled up the menu to begin the game and clicked 'Play', a window repeatedly pops up saying that the game has run into an error and cannot be processed. I will have to uninstall all the Sims 3 entirely including all my expansion packs as I cannot play the game at all. I'm very irritated and disappointed that I've practically been robbed 40 dollars.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I expected, February 5, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
It is what I thought it would be. Vampires, fairies, werewolves, gypsies, ghosts and not to mention the great stuff that comes along with it. The only thing that I was even slightly disappointed with is becoming a zombie. That was one of my top choices of supernatural and it was strange to get to that state. Properly, your witch or wizard had to create a zombification (spelling?) potion and have a sim drink it. Then you did not really have a lot of say in your zombie. I wanted my zombie to roam where i wanted it too and say "brraaaaaiiiiinnnnnssss" all the time but nooo... Becoming a fairy was slightly difficult without the help of create a sims. Fairies pretty tricky to find and took my sim longer than necessary to find them.
I thought the producers could have done more with this expansion. With the seasons now out, it is cool to see the other creatures out on Halloween, just not any other day. game play is fun, for a little while. . .
Otherwise this game was awesome with great spells and mischievous ways, your sims can enjoy the supernatural side of things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Load, July 30, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
Downloaded the game and it wont load. Amazon says this in non-refundable, so I spent money I can't get back for a product that doesn't even work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not working on a Mac, July 11, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
Not been able to make it work on a Mac running Snow Leopard, gives errors, doesn't run, tried it on two Mac systems, same errors

1.0 out of 5 stars This Sucks!, July 20, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
Do not get this. It does not install correctly on mac or PC. DONT GET IT! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!

4.0 out of 5 stars Post-installation issues, January 3, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
I love this game. But i have a mac and there were many issues with installation. All was good until it wouldn't let me install without the base game-which i have and was installed-so that was annoying, eventually it let me but gave me a message saying it wasn't compatible because my sims game was too recent! I ignored that hoping it would be fine but it didn't show up under my sims game and wouldn't play. So i uninstalled and tried to reinstall but my original game wouldn't even reinstall, something was wrong I guess. So I went back to Dec. 7th and restored the sims game I had then, all of my data from the game was erased but I had it back, it asked me the update the game then, but instead I waited until after I reinstalled Supernatural to update. The expansion updated with the original and it worked fine. So really all I needed to do was figure out a way to update the expansion. Either way, I spent 4 hours getting it to work and I'm happy it did, but next time I'm getting the disc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!!, December 31, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
Amazon delivered just fine. I like the game, but wish that there was more variety. I do like the new features.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, November 22, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download] (Software Download)
I bought it, and it failed to install. Luckily, Amazon was able to refund my money. I bought the Mac version by the way. I recommend you don't get it!

The Sims 3 Supernatural [Mac Download]