Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Platform: Mac Download|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$19.99

on May 4, 2013
I, just like you, read the reviews and said...hey well I am the exception. This will not happen to me. My computer is freaking superman. NOPE. They aren't. DON'T DO IT! JUST BUY THE CD! The only thing the CD doesn't include is you screaming at your computer, restarting it a bunch of times, crying to yourself in a fetal position, and wishing you listened to the reviews on the site. In any order.
on March 19, 2013
I have 10 different Sim download packs and play the Sims 3 daily. After downloading University Life, I immediately had to uninstall it due to the game crashing and freezing. Don't waste your money, the game doesn't work properly. I hope that Amazon is planning on reimbursing the customers who have downloaded this.
on December 26, 2013
The goodies are interesting, there are some fun new objects and outfits, and the idea of getting a degree is certainly intriguing, and there are several to choose from. After college, your sim gets the benefit of being paid more, and promoting more easily in jobs that use their chosen degree.

I must say though, I think I'm happier leaving my sims at home.

The "social circle" idea will be a hit or miss for one person and the next. You can choose from three circles, jocks, nerds, and the rebellious, and most actions that you do while in college will have an affect on which circle you run in. A vast (VAST) majority of your time is spent studying, or using your degree's skill item, and finding time to socialize or do the "fun" things in the university can be difficult.

I do love the new objects though! Your sims get the option of tagging the walls or the ground. Just like painting, only better! There is a mysterious science-object that teaches you an entirely new skill, and causes strange happenings, there is a new broadcasting station, plus an array of new beds, bookshelves, dressers, and decoratives. I think it was worth it just for the new objects.

Mac users be warned! With each expansion that I've added, the game has run slower and slower, and this EP is no exception! You can expect to add another two minutes to loading time, at minimum!

Edit: Since plugging more time on, I've discovered that there are also new plants for gardening! New additions include several varieties of coffee bean, and TONS of spices.
on May 16, 2013
i just purchased this earlier today with worries that i may crash like everyone else however i could not pass up a $20 deal so i went for it. so far it hasn't crashed on me at all! the expansion itself is enjoyable and brings in wonderful new items.
on March 14, 2013
I was very excited to try and play this game but I had to remove my other expansion packs in order
to play do to the extreme amount of memory. So it finally installed and then now, it won't play so im
not sure if the problem is not having a disk or what but this definately sucks. $40 down the drain! EA should dix
this.
on August 19, 2013
Just saying, I made the bad mistake of thinking that a digital download was compatible with my disc base game and I was wrong. So if you have the digital download of the Sims 3 then this will work for you! If not then don't spend your money. I got a refund which was nice when I explained that it was not compatible. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE! But keep on simming simmers.
on October 28, 2013
Ok so I'd read the reviews and was ify on the download... but when the price dropped I was willing to give it a shot in the dark, and it works great for me! I haven't had any freezing, crashing, or delays.

I would still be very cautious if you're downloading on a mac,
My computer specs are all up to date and all my other Sims expansions and base game are also downloaded and that might make a difference, I'm not sure.

The game itself is fun and I'm quite happy.
on March 16, 2013
I've given up. The last two 'updates' to the Sims 3 -- Seasons and University -- are so buggy for mac that it renders them completely useless. With Seasons, the game crashed frequently, especially in the create a sim mode, and since my sim was a stylist, I was there a lot. Now with University, the games are unsaveable! Every time I try to save, no matter what I've been doing, the game crashes. It's totally pointless to play, because nothing I do will ever stick. I have to restart at the same point every. single. time.

I'm not buying any more Sims expansions until these problems are addressed. Sheesh, EA, get your s*** together!
on December 30, 2014
Ea continues to refuse to write this native to the mac, and instead uses WINE to adapt it -- resulting in disasters where you lose your families, get freezes and crashes, and other bizarre behavior. Plus it runs slow.
on July 22, 2014
A super fun game and great addition to the Sims 3! I accidentally bought the PC version instead of the Mac version and Amazon was kind enough to refund the money so I could swap the two out. I had no trouble downloading and playing the game and I love all the new features! The clothes are great, and the new interactions give the game a whole nother aspect. To anyone considering buying this, I would definitely recommend it!