4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% what I had hoped for; but pretty dang close.
I own every single Sims game, and had owned all of the Sim City series as well. With that said, let's move on to the review of EA's latest product, The Sims 3: World Adventures. I had high anticipation because I am used to the massive amounts of new things we got with the Sims 1 & Sims 2 expansions, which were offered at much lower costs. However, do not let this deter...
Published on November 18, 2009 by G. S. Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT!
I just came online after angrily quitting the Sims 3: World Adventures. When I first bought the game it was a nice change to be able to go to different parts of the Sim world. It was a welcomed change. However, that was before I discovered all the glitches and bugs this expansion pack introduced to my Sims 3 game. I deeply regret buying it.

A few things that...
Published on December 6, 2009 by BlueMoon

‹ Previous | 114 15 1623 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, great company!, August 9, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
This game is so much fun! I have never been so excited to play a Sims game; this one had so much to do and so many places to go to. I definitely don't regret getting this game. Plus, the company I got the game from sent my game super fast and in very good shape. Definitely not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars im killin these adventures, November 23, 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
the adventurer are fun bump what everyone else sayin im havin fun my favorite is eygpt i love that one im discovering things i never knew were there all though i dont get the tomb which i cant get into without a rock and a reclic guess ill buy the guide but now im gonna try ambitions

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!!, September 18, 2010
Missa "MADaboutbooks" (Louisville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
This is the first expansion pack I have purchased for my Sims3 and I absolutely love it! I have read other reviewers who complain about the game being buggy and crashing but I must say, I have not experienced any problems. I have downloaded content from "the store" and have not experienced any problems. The game allows your sim to travel to France, Egypt, and China where you can choose opportunities from a board at the base camp. These opportunities will increase your sim's abilities, and often their bank account but are not required in order to explore each location. However, by successfully completing opportunities you increase your sim's visa level for that location which also increases the amount of time your sim is able to visit that location. Traveling also expands your sim's social circle, allowing you to make friends in different locations and invite them to visit your sim at home. Your sim is also able to purchase homes in each location (I think once you reach visa level 2)making travel less expensive and more comfortable. There are food items available in each location that are not available in other locations, i.e. alligator in Egypt, frog legs in France. Each location also offers unique skills opportunities such as martial arts in China and nectar making in France. Items may be purchased in these locations to take home and continue developing your skill after your adventure is over.
Oh! And watch out for those mummies! They can curse you and if you don't find the cure, your sim will die (it was close for my sim by she survived!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad.., November 18, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
The game is pretty much what you would expect.. There is not a lot of new objects, the new places you can travel to are fairly limited, however the "adventures" are kind of cool if you are looking for something new to do instead of the mundane household and skill stuff. The new skills are photography, nectar-making, and martial arts, and also you can get all new kinds of fruits and vegetables to grow and different insects, fish, and gems, etc, not to mention a bunch of different books if you want to harm your Sim the next time they re-read Where's Bella. And you can now make basements for your Sims houses, which is neat. Overall, I don't personally think its worth $35 but I've played Sims since it began and couldn't pass it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Having Fun, So Far, November 18, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
Got this the day it came out, and had about three hours to kill on it.

So far, I've really enjoyed it. I've been lucky and not encountered any of the bugs I've heard about from others (save issue, etc), and am enjoying the quest aspect of gameplay, which - while it definitely takes the game in a different direction - is a lot of fun.

This game will NOT appeal to everyone.

A lot of people are still irked at EA for changing so much in the transition from 2 to 3, but if you enjoyed that and are open to change, chances are you will enjoy this EP. Just don't go into it thinking it'll be the same as all the past ones, just as you went into TS3 thinking it would be a rehash of TS2.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, July 22, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
This game is amazing. I love the three foreign countries that you can visit, my favorite is France. This is also fun because of the different tombs you get to visit and raid and all of the different possibilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pack!, October 19, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
another great pack from the sims,i have a lot of fun with this one,its one of my favorites.if you like collecting in the game that's a big plus.go for it you wont be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if it works on your computer, April 5, 2010
C. Hjort (Farmington, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
I love all the Sims games however my Mac has trouble running anything but the base game. If you have problems getting updates from EA, don't buy the expansion as it won't work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it, December 9, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
Widely known to be unreliable when installed with other expansion packs. Even after completely uninstalling everything and reinstalling it fail to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my wife busy, May 29, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (Video Game)
This game keeps my wife busy for hours leaving plenty of time for me to crush beers with my friends.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1623 | Next ›

The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
$19.99