Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Single-Married Woman
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 13, 2012
This book was not what I expected. From the write up I thought it was going to be about married women who live the life of a single person in as much as they do not have a shared life with their husband. I know of many many woman mostly older woman who do most of
their living alone. They go out with girlfriends, sleep alone, rarely spend time with their husbands, have stopped making shared decisions etc etc etc. This book was about young married women with children who do not feel that their husbands share in the running of the house or the bringing up of the children. So although I did not enjoy it, it may be of benefit or interest to others.
on June 11, 2013
If you want to see that you are not alone, then this is the book for you. If you are hoping for advise on how to handle this position in your marriage, then you need to pass.
on February 16, 2016
I really like this book. I was able to get an example of different scenarios where a woman in a committed relationship could still feel as if they have a tremendous burden, thus feeling like they are alone or single. This book emphasizes how important it is for women to communicate there needs and concerns to their partners. Often times people make assumptions that one partner is inconsiderate when in fact they believe that the woman can handle and juggle many things on her own without it affecting her negatively. Dr Blake does a great job of reminding women that they have control of their life and it is their choice to make a decision that may affect their destiny. The one think I did not like about this book is that it seems to imply that those choices are almost always for a woman to "get out" of their relationship as opposed to what they can do to make it work or make it better.
on November 1, 2011
This book spoke to me in so many ways! It was the non-fiction "Waiting to Exhale" for me. To read about the 4 women that Dr. Blake described in her book touched me in so many different ways. I related to each of their stories and frustrations as well. To have a book not only describe how I am feeling, yet still give me solutions to make my situation better will always be an A+ for me when it comes to evaluating a book.
It wasn't a stuffy self-help book, but instead it made me sigh, breathe and release so many bottled up feelings that I couldn't seem to label on my own. Dr. Sherry Blake is a phenomenal writer, and I look forward to reading other books from her.

Without giving the whole book away, I suggest that any woman that is in a relationship, marriage, or has been in one, or plans to be in one again READ THIS! It not only helped me get out of a cycle of letting things just "pile-up" under a rug, but this book helped me clean up the pile of feelings that had built up over time, and helped me manage my life better and put things in persepective. This was better than any pep talk I could have gotten from a friend or family member, and I thank God that Dr. Sherry Blake felt the need to help women like me out.

Enough said! It's a winner!
on January 1, 2013
I was turned on to Dr. Blake via The Braxton's reality show. When I heard she'd written a book then learned the title I was ecstatic to order a copy (even expedited my shipping to get it more quickly). The book was okay, could have been a little more interesting. I was expecting ground-breaking narratives and advice but unfortunately it failed to deliver.
on June 12, 2013
This book is okay if you are looking for little more than an introductory essay on the topic. I am sorry I bought it and wish I could get my $9 back. If you have previously done any reading at all on this topic you will not be learning anything new, interesting or even helpful in this book. I have read magazine articles that were more interesting and informative. I don't usually give poor reviews but I was absolutely disappointed with this ebook. I think it only took me an hour to read, maybe less. I feel bad giving a bad review, but I wish someone would have warned me.
on October 28, 2012
At the beginning of this book, the author states you will identify with one of the characters and so I did. I learned that I was a single married woman and now I will soon be a divorced woman. HALLELUJAH!!. Thanks Dr. Sherry for writing such an informative book to empower women.
on October 1, 2012
Being a husband is hard work, but the sad part is MOST men wont pick up this book and invest in their marriage. They wont invest in the time, effort and energy required to understand what their wife is going through. I hope more men will pick this up and get secure about how strong they want their marriage to be. Dr. Sherry... Great work and thank you for providing valuable content!
on January 5, 2013
Confirmed how I felt and the actions I took to stop being a Single Married Woman. I voiced my expectations and need for change, then began changing me.
on January 24, 2016
I bought it for my daughter, she found it very enlightening. Very good read for those girls who are not in the ideal marriage and find themselves feeling more single than married.