4.0 out of 5 stars Not all available elsewhere
Not to be confused with the one-disc, 18 track collection "The Singles," this is a box set that collects the Clash's UK singles on 19 individual discs that are designed to look like black vinyl. Since it includes not just the original B-sides of the vinyl singles, but also alternate B-sides from releases in different markets, the total length and track listing is quite...
Published on May 31, 2007 by Charles King

3.0 out of 5 stars When something is complete and isn't complete
I grew up on these singles; I had 85% of them in vinyl upon release, particularly the early ones. The excitement around a new Clash single was intense for me, and they always delivered the goods, so I won't argue the artistic merits of this stuff. It sounds phenomenal in this configuration, and pretty much always will. What I am completely disappointed in is the lack of...
Published on November 21, 2006 by Anthony M. Kaczynski

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 17, 2008
I like The Clash, because they rock all the time. I like a lot of their songs, including "Train In Vain", "Rock The Casbah", "Sex Mad Roar", "Lost In The Supermarket", and so forth. Those songs are pretty cool.

4.0 out of 5 stars i had to complete my clash collection, March 28, 2009
endsng (sunny south florida) - See all my reviews
i really didn't need this. i had most of the contents, and i bought a lot of the picture sleeve singles in England. But i got it anyway. It's nice. I guess it would make a good present.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pot Shot, May 2, 2001
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
These are all great tracks, but you should already have copies of THE CLASH, GIVE'EM ENOUGH ROPE, LONDON CALLING, and SANDINISTA, which would give you most of this compilation already.
On the other hand, it gives you a CD version of "This Is Radio Clash," one of the great overlooked singles of all time. Apocolyptic may be too gentle a term for this single, which unnerved the punk scene when it was released on 12-inch in 1981. Clown time, as Elvis liked to say, was over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of music from The Clash, April 1, 2002
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
This is a good collection of their music that you probably remember. If you like the Clash, this is a good CD to own. Most of the songs on it, I've heard before.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Clash, The Greatest, February 2, 2008
Jack Green "What I Do is Secret" (Anysmalltown, State, Country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
Personally, I have always found the Clash to be one of the greatest punk outfits to ever walk the earth. This collection proves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE CREAM of THE CLASH, June 17, 2008
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
this is collections of the singles and the greatest hits given to us by the clash! 18 tracks and 2 bonus for a great pricefrom london calling to thi is radio clash a great compilation thats all i have to say!!

5.0 out of 5 stars New to the Clash?, May 1, 2002
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
I find this to be a fine Clash collection!It's what it's titled:The singles,and it shows you a taste of what the band offered.I enjoy listening to it.A lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Clash, June 21, 2009
This review is from: The Singles (Audio CD)
I will keep this one simple here. If you are a Clash fan or a punk rock fan you should own this. Great songs and a good price. Nuff said!

5.0 out of 5 stars clash city rocker!, April 25, 2007
this is the best you will ever find,,,,,all singles are great and its a unique box of the ultimate band ever......

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought they were better, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
I remember liking several of the songs from years ago, and I still do like them.
The Clash aren't a particularly skillful band, but I guess they make the most of the talent that they have.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

The Singles
The Singles by The Clash (Audio CD - 2007)