5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
I got this book for free but after reading it, I'll pay full price for the next installment! It was exciting to read with not many errors (I haven't found any self published books that didn't have at least a few typos). I enjoyed the story and found the characters relateable. A great job for the author's first novel. I am looking forward to reading more!
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Well written?????????
Published 24 months ago by john

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting twist on mystical traditions, January 23, 2013
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
The author created a new and unique twist of our mystical ideologies. Very creative and interesting plot. I enjoyed this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, December 30, 2012
Amazon Customer (Salem, UT United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars A Blender Full of Myths, February 10, 2013
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
If you took every myth & legend & all the religious books deemed holy and threw them in a blender, this book is what you would get. This author tries to accomodate everything: King Solomon, the Templars, the Cathars, the Book of Thoth, a Holy Roman Emperor, Dracula(!) and probably some I've forgotten already even though I finished the book yesterday. He has a reader in a parallel time reading about all these legends which are supposed to have something to do with her time.

This is just a mish-mash of events thrown together along with the requisite bad guys. It's also fairly boring - the author gives us a lot of detail about the reader's life including every single, tiny thing she experiences and it's enough to put you to sleep.

It's possible this is some kind of disguised christian religion since the Book of Thoth morphed into Logos (the word of god) by the end of the book.

This is not good literature and with all the impaling on poles of people going on, it was just too much for me. I will not be reading the second book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well written?????????, December 20, 2012
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
I, too am attractedby the suspense here, but I doubt that I will be able to finish the book. My 9th graders would have their papers returned as unacceptable for the number of basic grammatical errors in this book. "should have went" (several times) REALLY?? This author needs an editor whose knowledge of spelling and grammar is a lot better. One can excuse some things as typos, but that is not the case here. The book has good ideas, but it is HORRIBLY written.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHEN is book two coming?!, October 8, 2012
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
The Sinner King: Book of Fire was recommended to me by a friend. I was intrigued by her description: Page-turner, creative narration element...part history, part suspense. By Chapter 4, I didn't want to put the book down! I have never finished a book in 7 days - Nor have I ever wanted to reread a book immediately after completion. But I did with D.R. Crislip's The Sinner King! This book tumbled my curiosities and captivated my imagery - often leaving me to wonder how something so magnificent fell from one person's brain. Very thought-provoking, yet enjoyable as I sailed through the chapters wanting to know where we would find Rebecca next. Did I see somewhere that this is only Book 1?! Bring us Book 2, I'm ready!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a typical read, November 1, 2012
The Sinner King is not a typical read for me. I tend to stick to the non-fiction world when it comes to books. The book was recommended to me so I thought I would give it a shot and was thoroughly impressed. The book is a very fast read because you always want to know what is going to happen to Rebecca. I found myself not being able to put the book down. There is great character development and much suspense builds in each chapter, which keeps the reader engaged. Hard to believe this is a first novel. I am looking forward to what the second book has to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, December 28, 2013
This book is very well written. It flows very nicely and keeps your interest. I am very much looking forward to the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting book, August 27, 2013
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be interesting; but quite complex toward the end. I'll be looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SINNER KING: BOOK OF FIRE, June 12, 2013
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Glad that I decided to get it. Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully the story will pick up where it left off in this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story!, February 9, 2013
free (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sinner King: Book of Fire (Kindle Edition)
I love anything archeological and this is exactly what it is, a very good story built around myth, religion and archeology.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›