Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD-ROM|Change

on July 5, 2016
It's not what I expected it's ok.
on May 24, 2016
Interesting concept. I have started using it with success.
on May 16, 2016
Well, it's a textbook. It did what a textbook is suppose to do, increase knowledge!
on April 20, 2016
This book is so jumbled. I could not concentrate throughout this entire thing. This book is so gimmicky. Every page is fill with way too many drawings and way too little organization. Saying things like "Look for the big ideas" is a completely useless comment, better would have been an entire chapter without pictures that discussed how to recognize what the big ideas are.

For those who think I love my boring words/books/lectures too much, your right, I do... I like things presented to me in a nice boring way so I don't have to filter the manipulations out. That's one of the reasons this book rubbed in a a wrong way, the author used flash to cover up the fact that the content was lacking. In the end I had to throw the book away, it did not out perform what the two books I read before that which are "Walking With Einstein" and "Brilliant Memory", both of those books are worth much more of your time.

You are talking to a guy who uses lots of drawing in his notes. I will have entire pages filled with drawings which make a story in order to remember things better. This author is just a lot of flash. Your time is better spent elsewhere.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2016
I'm an elementary school teacher in an area which serves students who are mainly bilingual. They are great! However, being second language learners they miss nuances and have challenges with key vocabulary words. I'm hoping using sketchnotes will help my students marry their (limited) verbal and (extensive) visual modes of learning/thinking to become even better learners and thinkers.
on March 21, 2016
This book is transforming the way I take notes for college.
on March 9, 2016
Loved this book. It's fresh and full of tips that can be used immediately. My next-step: APPLY and GET STARTED!
on March 8, 2016
Research does not bear Rohde out that you should take notes WHILE listening. In fact, it suggests the opposite, that you should listen attentively, take big picture, short notes, and elaborate later. So Rohde's book as a note taking system fails heartily. As a nice journal book it's ok, but there are lots of those and a lot cheaper. Try visual journaling by Diana Trout for example.
on January 20, 2016
fantastic methodology!
on January 19, 2016
It is great for students! My notes are more enriched now. I hate that I can't use the book on my desktop and can only use it on my phone or iPad.