5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Diet, Slow Cooker
Published 17 months ago by The Exile

3.0 out of 5 stars well, alright, but...
I guess if you can overlook a few faults, you can still use this book as a reference, but it was not what I was hoping for.

Published 17 months ago by Jennifer Merkel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Diet, Slow Cooker, March 25, 2013
Been on this fasting diet for a few weeks now and bought some recipe books to help mix things up a little. We’ve already been using the slow cooker this winter, and the idea of a 5 2 slow cooker book looked pretty neat, so thought we’d give this a go. Some very tasty and hearty recipes in here that you would never imagine were so low in calories. Plus it’s so easy to just grab some ingredients, throw it together and get on with your day without thinking about cooking after a day of work. great book, great diet, great weight loss. recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars well, alright, but..., April 4, 2013
This review is from: The Skinny 5:2 Diet Slow Cooker Recipe Book: Skinny Slow Cooker Recipe And Menu Ideas Under 100, 200, 300 And 400 Calories For Your 5:2 Diet (Kitchen Collection) (Paperback)

Basically the Skinny cookbook authors seem to have thrown this together, without an editor, because I wanted to go through and correct things with a red pen! Yes, I know typos happen, but there are glaring errors on nearly every page, enough to make me cringe.

There are sample menus and recipe ideas, and yes the recipes are simple enough, but many contain 2 cans of this and one can of that... cream of mushroom soup, etc. It kind of reminds me of the recipe book that came with my slow cooker from 10 years ago. Also, because it's British, I needed to figure out some of the measurements, and what the heck a courgette is- a zucchini!
If you are even somewhat versed in cooking, these recipes are ones you could practically invent yourself.

So yes, if you want very simple, straightforward recipes and can overlook spelling errors and canned soup, you will get some ideas of calories and menus from this book, as well as what to feed the rest of your family if they're eating normally on that day. The food I've made so far was tasty, so that's something... but I'm looking forward to my other 5:2 cookbook that's coming in the mail!

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, July 8, 2013
Just look recipes up online this book was not helpful. There are so many good recipe sites out there so I reccomend doing that for free.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame attempt at a cookbook, April 18, 2013
Lots of misspelled words. Looks like something they threw together over a weekend . Not impressed. Some of the recipes were good though, thus the 2 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Recipes, July 22, 2013
When I bought this book I didn't realise it included meal plans as well as recipes. The recipes and snack ideas are great but it's having my fast days all planned out for me which is fantastic. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew so few calories could taste so good?, May 9, 2013
Jay-man (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I like to eat, yet I've been following the 5:2 diet for a month now & I decided I needed something more to eat that a couple of cups of green beans doused with spicy, brown mustard for some flavor for dinner. The very first recipe out of this book that I tried was DELICIOUS as has the 2nd and 3rd. I've only had the book for a short time, but I'm hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple And It Works, July 17, 2013
This diet has been a huge success for myself, and two of my friends are doing really well on it too. We are supporting each other lots and are swapping ideas and recipes all the time. All I can say is check this book out and give it a try, you won't regret it. One of the best we have found so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recipes, August 25, 2013
Donna Case "DonnaJ" (Northville, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
The recipes are very good. I have yet to try one I don't like. I wish the recipes were organized by specific calories.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, August 3, 2013
Very useful book, easy recipes with plenty of variety. It's one that will be referred to a lot. I would recommend it to anyone following the 5:2 plan and also to anybody looking for low calorie recipes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great cookbook, March 23, 2014
It gives some good ideas and a basic overview of the diet, but it is full of spelling errors and it really makes me wonder about the validity of the book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›