Published 3 months ago by Corry

1.0 out of 5 stars please stop encouraging her
Published 5 months ago by kimberly

1.0 out of 5 stars please stop encouraging her, June 8, 2014
This review is from: The Skinny Confidential: A Babe's Sexy, Sassy Health and Lifestyle Guide (Paperback)
First off there is a typo on the first page. Shouldn't it be 'what you want'not 'want you want'. You would think that would have been caught by the editors, so right off the bat the book is hard to take seriously. Why would you spend your hard earned money on this book when it is common knowledge to anyone who has access to the internet and the ability to read. Little miss rich girl wants to you buy expensive juices, organic produce, support her "designer" friends clothing lines or else you're just not as cool as her. So while Lauryn is flying around with her bf in a private jet wants you to spend money on her book, I suggest other lifesyle blogs for inspiration for us regular peeps.

3.0 out of 5 stars basically her blog in an underwhelming book, March 16, 2014
I've been an avid fan of TSConf forever. I was super excited for lauryn to get this book deal. But I think it fell a little flat. They only thing she really talks about in any detail that's never been on the blog is a few exercises. I lurrrve you, Lauryn, you've been totally inspiring to me... I just wish this had had a little more substance and been a little more tell all. Still will be a loyal TSConf girl though!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for an 'average' girl like me, September 26, 2014
This was a waste of money. Not only are there typos in this book, but it really doesn't go into detail about anything. For example, I saw her blog post about the sleep bun and drybar alligator clips. I immediately went and bought the alligator clips (they're pretty great, actually). I figured this book was going to consist of detailed tips and tricks WITH PICTURES, but it's not - she describes her makeup routine but doesn't put any pictures in of her doing it? Why not just make a YouTube video and post it on your blog? Just read her blog, honestly. This book is no different. I hate being so harsh but I'm incredibly bummed I bought it. She has some recipes in there...which just aren't for me. She also talks about juicing and doing cleanses...not for me either. So that's about half of the book already that doesn't apply to me. I understand she probably wants to make some money off something other than her blog but I'm going to be honest, it doesn't seem like money is even an issue for her.

Apparently this is how every girl should be. That's how this book comes off. I don't like it. This isn't me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, May 26, 2014
The book, if you could call it that, was full of "tips" that are totally useless and common knowledge. I read the first thirty pages and returned it for a refund. Don't waste your money on this

1.0 out of 5 stars ., April 11, 2014
I absolutely love Lauryns blog and I check it religiously, so naturally, I had to buy her book. I was expecting a book with actual paragraphs but instead I was left unimpressed. That being said, I think Lauryn is extremely knowledgable and a great blogger, but this book just isn't worth purchasing.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste, June 7, 2014
Love Lauryns blog but I really felt like her book was a total waste of money. The content was really weak overall, and nothing went into that much depth.. (seriously her blog is better),

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll laugh, you'll agree, you'll get your ass moving and change your lifestyle thanks to this book :), August 7, 2014
I had the pleasure of winning a signed copy of Lauryn's book but after reading it, I would can happily say that I would GLADLY pay for it. I read the entire book from cover to cover in one day (the day the fedex man sent straight from heaven dropped this book off, of course.) It's insanely fun to read (and I am not much of a reader), sassy, and informative. I honestly think it would do every girl good to get their hands on this book. It's jam packed full of greatness. She breaks down every "major" (by major i'm talking every day little issues that every girl questions/wonders/faces) from hair to recipes to skin care to relationships. OH.... and the exercise portion. I'm doing that tomorrow, that is for sure. In short, Lauryn stuffed an entire lifestyle reboot into this book and I think she did a damn good job at it. So go on ladies, grab this book and be beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book With Many Topics!, March 8, 2014
I honestly had a great time reading this book. It covers many different topics and is more about living a healthy/productive lifestyle. Instead of just showing people what they cant achieve, she gives steps to achieve and make a change in your life. It has many different tones, funny, informative, eye opening, and emotional. I feel its more of a image into her life and is done from a personal point of view, instead of a product written to make money. I feel she really does care about the people who follow her.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, March 8, 2014
Lisa (San Diego) - See all my reviews
Finally..a lifestyle book with easy to follow tips from everything from diet to dressing...love the simple tricks for makeup, skin and hair and especially enjoyed the way the book was written; like the author was just talking to me and not writing an instruction manual.

TSC is a quick fun read with beautiful pictures and great advice for all ages... A must read. Can't wait for the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST-HAVE for any and every bookshelf!!, March 7, 2014
The Skinny Confidential is such a great blog, and one that I visit on the daily. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book for an even more in-depth look into Lauryn's health, wellness, fitness, beauty, and lifestyle tips. Plus, her easy, skinny recipes are to-die for!!

This book totally delivered and makes the perfect lil gift for your girlfriends, sister, mom, aunt, or any other lady who wants to live clean, get healthy, and look hot doing so :)

The Skinny Confidential: A Babe's Sexy, Sassy Health and Lifestyle Guide