Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Skinny on Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 30, 2010
Can I give this book 10 Stars?

The Skinny On Series are basically Cliffs Notes books on whatever subject it's covering. In this case, the subject is "Time Management". The book is simple, it's funny, and it gets right to the point without sacrificing details on what is really important. So if you are wondering whether or not to give this book a chance, the answer is one big YES. Why?

1. The information is amazing and unbelievably helpful.
2. It is so simple and easy to read. You can actually read it from cover to cover in one hour.
3. The Skinny On crew has done all the research for us. Do you really have the time to go over dozens of books on time management just to write down the important and helpful points found in each one of them? I know I don't.
4. If you DO want more detailed information, Jim Randel tells you were to find it.
5. It's funny and entertaining, you know, as in Not Boring.
6. The book not only helps us how to Manage Time, by teaches us how to use time in a way that we can accomplish our dreams and goals.
7. And, did I say that it's incredibly helpful?

Trust me, do NOT think twice. This book is worth every single penny. Whether you are looking for ways to create time for your goals, spend more time with your family, get yourself organized, find more time for yourself, or just want to figure out where in the world is all your time going, This Book is for YOU. I absolutely LOVED it, and I know you will too.
VINE VOICEon September 5, 2010
Review of "The Skinny on Time Management" by Jim Randel. "Time Management" delivers on the subject! I am not sure what other readers expect but the premise of "Skinny" is to get to the heart of any topic, in this case "Time Management" and convey that information to the audience. This minimalistic approach is useful for those who desire the respective information, wisdom, etc. in a condensed format where the framework lacks excessive verbiage and the "hiding of the ball" so to speak. If the reader requires more detailed information on the topic a lengthy bibliography is included at the end. Short, sweet, and to the point is the hallmark of this series. Add a first color page replete with summarized key points and/or important terminology and a perforated book mark and you have what I consider to be a winning volume. Five stars without reservation for a job well done!
on July 12, 2010
This is an interesting, informative and quick read to learn time management skills. It is plain, simple and to the point so as not to waste your time! It is not at all stuffy, but lighthearted, and I love the stick figure people and the Power-Point style pages. This book teaches the reader how to tackle procrastination, goals setting, focusing, creating a time journal, prioritizing, distractions, and much more.

The Skinny on Time Management has been very helpful for me as someone working in a busy medical office. I do have to say though that it would have also been helpful back when I had my first career which was as a homemaker and mom. In business and in the home we can all use lessons on using our time wisely.

I recommend this book for those in the business setting, in-services, homemakers, and even for teens in school.
on July 8, 2011
Are you a procrastinator? Do you have gaps in your day and as a result no accomplishments were made? If this is you without a doubt you have time management issues. If you want to maximize your time and get more done then it is time you invested in learning how to manage your time.

Randel will show you step-by-step in simple illustrations on how to account for each minute in your busy day. Readers will learn how to set goals by creating a journal of your day-to-day activities. Would you like to improve your memory? Learn how to stretch your mind, spread out your food intake, exercise and learn memory skills.

Readers will learn how to defeat procrastination by setting goals, breaking up big projects into smaller manageable pieces and by taking notes. Get rid of clutter in your mind and your home. Develop a tangible system which will help improve time management. Randel shows readers how to create goals, make the most of the gaps and be more focused. Helpful links are found throughout the book along with words of encouragement from some of your favorite celebrities.
on November 30, 2011
I think that the skinny on and the smarter comic books are the best way to learn the most important subjects in life because it summarizes many words and wisdoms from many books in a few pages that are abridged and entertaining backed by a visual way these approach make you make the most out of the subject in the shortest time possible with the maximum benefits beacuse learning with pictures stay longer in the memory and the length of the book makes it the best for reference
whether you have a lot of time or not these books will save you alot of time to spend it on what is important to you
on January 21, 2016
I ordered the Kindle version to download at my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I could not read. The book format is not designed for my phone. I'd like to have my money back. I don't know how to get my money back.
on August 24, 2013
If you need help with time management, the last thing you want to do is take a bunch of time to read a long book. This book is like cliff notes for all of the time management books out there. It takes the best if all of them and boils it down to the bottom line. I found it to be extremely helpful.
on February 6, 2011
Let's face it, as a subject time management is a lot like losing weight or the desire to get rich quick, there are lots and lots of books available on the subject with new ones coming out all the time. In fact, there are so many books on time management that you could waste a whole lot of time reading books on how to manage your time, and that would be dumb.

A better idea would be to pick up this book on Time Management, which you can read in a hour, two at the most (how's that for wisely using your time?) and learn all you really need to know about managing your time and being more productive. Seriously, everything you need to know is in this book.

Time Management is a subject that is both simple and complex. Simple in that time managemnt is really about two things - making choices and avoiding procrastination. Overcoming bad choices and procrastination is the complex part that frustrates most of us most of the time, hence the popularity of time management books. How can we learn to use our time wisely? It's in this book.

Because of this duality about time management this is one of the larger books in "the skinny on" series. Still, like all "the skinny on" books you'll find it easier and faster to read than the other books on the subject, and did I mention that it contains really powerful information, tips and advice as well? You'll discover this book packs a lot of useful information in a very tight, entertaining and well written little book that you will actually enjoy reading and learning from.

Rather than give you a synopsis of the book, which I am sure you can find somewhere on this Amazon page, I'm going to encourage you to pick this up if you are interested in using your time more efficiently and productively. I've read numerous other books on time management and attended various time management courses over the past twenty years (seriously) and there is nothing I learned there that you won't learn here at far less cost in terms of time and treasure. I highly recommend not only reading this book, but applying the imformation inside. You will be glad you did.
When I see or hear the words Time Management, I automatically recoil. For some time whenever I hear the term, the image of a man with a stopwatch and a clipboard comes up. So I must confess, I don't like the title that much ... but I love the book. Time management is not about micro managing everything you do.

Time management is really about realizing that time is the most precious resource we have. How we spend our time determines the quality of our lives. So it is extremely important that we spend it wisely. This book is all about how to spend your time so that you maximize the value of your time and therefore your life.

If you are not familiar with the books in the Skinny On series, you really should pick up a couple of them. This is a very powerful, impactful and easy way to learn the major concepts on the subject in a short period of time (excellent time management).

Jim Randel, the author, has studied the subject extensively and condensed the major concepts into a story told by cartoon stick characters. The book can be read in about an hour. This book contains the insights from literally dozens of books on the subject.

There are numerous references throughout the book to other high quality resources for anyone who wishes to explore the subject deeper. One such reference was to a lecture on time management by Professor Pausch (in case you don't know or don't remember he was the professor with terminal pancreatic cancer and wrote a book The Last Lecture).

There are also the key points from Stephen Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. In addition there are numerous other tips and techniques which will help you improve your productivity.

At the end of the book is the Top Ten list of things you can and should do to make better use of your time.

This is a wonderful resource. We all have far too many demands on our time. We need some structured ways to guard our time, to make the most of what little time we have. You will not find an easier way to learn these lesson than from The Skinny on Time Management.
on March 18, 2010
I have read many different TIME MANAGEMENT books over the past 15 years. There have been some good books, and some very poor books that have bored the pants off me.I badly struggle with this area of my personal effectiveness and have failed in the past to arrest my wandering mind, to the detriment of my goals. I have found with some books, they create complex strategies that take hours to learn and are complex in their preparation. Being too complex has quite often put me off creating a time management system. What this book does very well, in 213 easy to read pages, is to give you the best ideas on time management from a variety of books. It goes over 10 key ideas of how to create/become, more effective with your time. I like this book very much.

What it does very well is distil the vital points of information from a variety of other time management books. It writes it in a very easy to read and understand format, using stick people pictures and summary pages, to get the 10 simple points across.

The book is short and to the point. It took me three nights to read it. The end chapter gives you a summary of all 10 key points. At the start of the book, there is a book marker which comes out with the 10 points written. Very clever.

I can whole heartily recommend this book as an; easy to read, highly motivating book, that will enable virtually everyone who reads it, to create a more effective life, by using their time more effectively.

The reason I haven't given this book 5 stars is a simple one, it talks about goals, yet gives no clear idea of how to set them. As goals are the cornerstone of "Success", I feel Jim should have gone a little deeper into this area, or be writing a book on this process. I have goals, but some who read this book, may not. Can the publishers please think about writing a Skinny on the goal setting area. I know there are 1000's of books written on this subject, but many are badly written. Having read 3 Skinny books, I feel Jim Randel would write a brilliant one.

Well Done Jim Randel, keep more titles coming.