on January 14, 2014
This brought back so much nostalgia. The HD graphics make these games look better than ever. However I did see some minor issues such as aspect ratio in the binucucom and a lot more glitches than I remembered, but nothing that hinders the Gameplay. This is probably due to the fact that its imported into the PS3's Hardware, but like I said, Still enjoyed these wonderful Classics and the fact that there is only 1 disc.
on September 28, 2013
i don't usually play PS3 games, but a friend talked me into getting this game nd I really like it! It took a few minutes to get the hang of what you are supposed to do, and then it was a blast. I am 59 year old woman who doesn't normally play action games, and I recommend this to anyone who likes an easy but sometimes difficult game challenge. Hope this helps someone!
on January 18, 2014
The Sly Collection is an amazing deal and to me totally worth $60, but I only paid $21. That's around $7 per game!
Dang, I got a bargain. However, now it's around 18 bucks, which makes it worth every penny at $6 a game!!

The Sly Collection is composed of 3 games: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (Sly 1), Sly 2: Band of Thieves, and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.

All of these games are visually upgraded from their previous versions (to the point it's obvious) and still run amazingly on the PS3 (with very minor glitches sometimes, but only visually and nothing game breaking).
Even the sound is clearer! They really put effort into this remaster!!

If you have played any of the Sly games before, this collection is still worth it. It brings back so many great memories.
I remember in like, 6 years ago, I beat Sly 2 at least 2 times. This was my third time and was I bored at all? Nope. It was as refreshing as the first time around, if not better.

Trophies are super easy. You get pretty much all of them for doing the story. Others only include buying things from the computer really (Sly 2&3), and finding all of the clue bottles (Sly 1; 2 only requires it for any one level) as well as cracking all of the safes (Sly 1). However in Sly 3, there are many many challenging challenges in the chapter select menu that you may have to do if you want to 100% the game and earn the trophy.
It's seriously, with a good amount of effort, 3 easy Platinums to add to your collection (at least compared to God of War III These things are a cakewalk). I have all 3, so I think I know what I'm talking about.
If you get all 3 and go left of the beginning screen (The one that says "Sly Collection") there's a special surprise.
I'd rather not spoil it for you, but I will say it is kinda outdated now... (however it being outdated can be a good thing as we don't have to wait for what it's trying to tell us about anymore).

The Minigames? I pretty much played them for the trophies... I'd see how they would be kinda fun with friends, but by yourself these things don't supply a lot of entertainment. The trophies are relatively easy, many of them I received on my first try.
You need to at least start each game before unlocking all the minigames (ex. "Play Sly 1 to unlock Heli Race") There's a total of 4, with only 1 of them are open from the start.

Don't think you had to install these games to your hard drive... just put the disc in, choose the game, and the trophy list magically appears in your trophy collection. You will need hard drive space for the saves of each game though, but that probably won't be a problem.

Other small things: Reversible cover, Instruction guide is detailed but in black and white (grey) print, No clue bottles in Sly 3 (use in-game computer to get things), no comment on the 3D but some other guy said it was terrible. Oh yeah, those special moments in Sly 3 where they ask you if you would like to go 3D are taken out since the whole collection is 3D already.
Ms. Ruby boss fight does have audio out of sync... but if you pay attention to the symbols you should be fine.
Binocucom in Sly 3 doesn't expand completely over the screen... you can see outside of it to the left and right, but I think it's just because they optimized it for widescreen that this happened so no biggie.
Amazing games for offline gamers.

Thanks for reading.
on March 11, 2012
When I was younger I never was the lucky kid to get all the new games I pretty much chose with longivity in mind. I played sly one has a demo and it was great. Never got to touch the other two, Now I got my hands on the collection and it was amazing. Sly one is mission, bottles, repeat a couple times then boss. Good way to get into the story the bottles get annoying later on in the game and the time missions can be some what difficult but the characters are extremely likable.
Sly 2 good game great maps a funny story and Sly and the gang stay amazing the ending is kind of unexpected but all around decent. The bottles return but its even more annoying cause its just for the main map and the maps are huge so you'll spend some time getting them if your a perfectionist. Also thiefnet gets introduced in this game, its nice taking loot from guards but getting all the required coins takes some time and can be annoying.
Sly 3 way way way to many characters at first it was ok but in the end just to many. The bottles are gone which I was glad to see happen. Thiefnet got more expensive though which could take some time incase you just buy the few necessities and wait till the 2nd to last area then you'll get filthy rich extremely quick. All around a decent story to finish up sly cooper.
Sly Minigames fun and kind of comical something to pass a good half hour just to get the trophies but you'll probably never try these again after you get the trophies.
The sly collection is extremely easy to platnium trophy every single game to bad there isnt a platnium for the minigames.
Also the clips from the PS2 version of the game are amazing seeing the difference from back then and now.
CAN'T WAIT FOR SLY 4!!!!!!
on November 6, 2013
I'd give Sly Cooper Collection HD a solid 4.5 stars that I've rounded up to 5 stars.During the PS2 era, I had played heavyweights like Jak and Ratchet & Clank whereas I had never heard much about Sly Cooper. I don’t know why because Sly Cooper is just as good if not better than those. This game shows exactly what many games today are missing today, just simple fun.

First, the games only fatal flaw are the numerous bugs and glitches in the game are unforgivable and can make the game very frustrating. It kills me to do it, but they are so unforgivable that I had to take off a point.

These games don't feel aged at all. The writing can be downright hilarious (although sometimes cheesy), but it all adds to the light-hearted Saturday morning cartoon feel the series has. The environments are fantastic. The games are just fun.

I agree with the sentiment that the second was far superior. It was laid back, more of a sandbox play style, had by far the best dialogue, and wasn't nearly as frustrating. The third is significantly more varied, but was often frustrating because of the bugs and found the difficulty much harder than it should have been. Overall, the value is absolutely superb and I recommend this game to everyone of any age and gaming experience.
on December 2, 2013
This is definitely a remastered collection worth picking up if you're a platformer fan and you've never played the Sly Cooper games, but these games really aren't aimed at the adult gamer. Casual kid gamers might enjoy it, and Sly 1 is fun for most, but Sly 2 and Sly 3 drag on.

I thought Sly 1 was a great game! The progression of learning new moves blends well with increasing level difficulty. Only 2 complaints from me (but both are manageable): poor camera management and exponentially increased level difficulty in the last world.

Sly 2 open world adds nice scenery and interesting scene interaction mechanics. Unfortunately, level variation between worlds leaves you wanting more as you essentially repeat the same annoying level process over and over. Fun and enjoyable, but not fantastic.

I enjoyed playing Sly 3, but there wasn't really anything here to keep me interested for extensive periods of time. I could hardly stand to play more than a few hours in one sitting as I constantly felt that I was never doing anything new. The game is well-designed, but the plot seems to just drag along.

The collection also features 4 mini games that you can play with up to 4 players. Each game also has PSN trophies to earn.
on December 25, 2013
The Sly Cooper series is my favorite video game series of all time, if you haven't played any of the Sly Cooper games and you own a PlayStation 3, definitely get this collection. Sly Cooper is a series that started on the PlayStation 2, Sly 1 came out in 2002, the sequel (Sly 2) came out in 2004, and Sly 3 came out in 2005 for the PS2. In 2010, Sony decided to re-release the Sly Trilogy but remastered in HD for the PlayStation 3. Everything about this series is amazing, the characters, story lines, graphics, everything. If you like action adventure games like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, etc. you will enjoy these games. In 2013, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time came out but it is highly recommended that everyone plays the first 3 games before playing Sly 4 because the storyline does go I order from first to fourth. At the time I make this review, there are rumors flowing around that the developer of Sly Cooper is currently working on a 5th game.
on December 24, 2010
If you have not played this before, or just an avid fan looking for a refresh, this collection is awesome. Beautiful and well constructed gameplay. Just don't get frustrated by Sly 1's "Lucky Charm" health stAtus. 2 & 3 are vastly improved!
on August 5, 2013
Who woulda thought that this old lady could like Sly Cooper as much as Abe from Odd World? I bought the Sly Collection to tide me over until the new Odd World comes out (supposedly in September?). I don't like the violent and mean video games. I don't like the too-simple baby games either. So the having to run, jump, fight bad guys, find and collect things, and think and remember is right up my alley. I have artificial knees and hips and am required to elevate my legs every hour or so, so Zero Gravity chairs and Sly have made my recovery much more fun. No one else I live with likes to play these games, either, so they are always available just for me. If you like an activity that keeps your mind sharp and your eye-hand coordination limber, Sly is the Guy.
on May 18, 2013
Three games for the price of 1!! This is the HD remake of the Sly Cooper games from the PS2 days. The trilogy allows you to start from the beginning of the series, but if you only want to play 2 or 3, you can do that too! I have not played these games on the PS2, so I decided to play from the beginning. I finished all three games in about a month (I am a casual gamer, play couple times a week) and this is one of the best series on the platform. It was a nice change of pace from the usual shooters and and other violent games that seem too common these days. Highly recommend for children and adults, although if the child is too young, they will probably need some help with some difficult parts in the game.