Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 17% off the $99.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker
|Price:||$99.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Quickly and effortlessly infuse food and drinks with natural smoky flavors with The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker
- The Smoking Gun offers an alternative to traditional smoking methods
- Simply fill the Smoking Gun chamber with your choice of combustible, turn it on, light and apply cool smoke where you'd like it
- Includes: The Smoking Gun, acrylic stand, 18-inch nozzle extender hose, four AA batteries and two.5-ounce wood chip samples
- Works on various types of wood chips, teas, herbs, spices and even hay and dried flowers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker
Nordic Ware 365 Indoor/Outdoor Kettle Smoker B007ZKUVPC
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Power Source||Information not provided||Information not provided||Wood||Electric|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Information not provided||Steel|
|Dimensions||6 inches x 5.5 inches x 2 inches||2 inches x 11 inches x 10 inches||3 inches x 15 inches x 11 inches||13.5 inches x 6.88 inches x 13 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Style Name: Smoking Gun
Top Customer Reviews
Where I will add a kudo is for the company behind the product. My Smoking Gun came with a faulty switch: sometimes the fan did not come on, other times it would, and I thought it was simply a matter of weak (?) batteries or smutz on the terminals. But no: the switch eventually failed completely about three days after the warranty expired.
Nevertheless, I called the company and talked to a nice gentleman who cut me some slack: they would send me a new one and a box to return the old one. The new one works perfectly. They went the extra mile for me, that's worth a lot, and I'd like to point that out in public. Nicely done, PolyScience, and thanks.
Here is a video from the president of the manufacturer, Polyscience. [...]
Note in his video:
1) He has trouble keeping the device lit
2) He has to smoke the food twice
3) It still comes out "too subtle" - his own words
4) There is no point in using it to smoke food prior to cooking - his words
5) He mentions that "fresh" smoke is important because "stale" smoke will make the food taste "like an ashtray" - his words
6) Smoke escapes from the container into the kitchen (a problem noted by several reviewers here and at WS)
All in all, it seemed like a clever idea. I really wanted it to work, but it just doesn't. I'll go back to either using a real smoker, liquid smoke or smoked salt and smoked paprika to get the taste I'm after. It does do a great job of stinking up the kitchen and your clothes. Plus charging $20 for tiny jars of wood chips is a total ripoff. I guess the whole thing is just smoke and mirrors.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Would be great for beekeeping. Can't wait until my bees arrive.Published 16 days ago by Karl Schroeder
Perfect item for a foodie. Easy to use and great product to add that extra smoke taste to your cooks. Smoked Bloody Mary is a must try!Published 19 days ago by Megan
I would purchase Smoking Gun Handheld when needed....I highly recommend this productPublished 28 days ago by Grady Manning
The smoking gun does everything that it is designed to do however, like many of the other reviews here, the smoking gun CAN leave a rather off putting 'ash tray' like taste to your... Read morePublished 29 days ago by asdf
I got this yesterday and I have been coming up with new and creative things to smoke. Used it on a loin roast, chicken, and chocolate already. I'm in love with it! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brian Wilson
I love it, I was able to make the smokey paprika I love so much and got to choose what flavor of smoke to use. Read morePublished 1 month ago by one2enjoy
Flimsy crappy tool that works ok...just know it's going to break sooner rather than later...as such, it is priced way too high.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer