5.0 out of 5 stars Who would have known losing weight could be so yummy!
Published 21 months ago by Christina Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars No nutritional info, no index and no pictures
Published 7 months ago by it should be worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who would have known losing weight could be so yummy!, March 27, 2013
I bought this Kindle copy to lose weight. Instead of buying a food supplement that replaces a meal, I thought this recipe book would be better. It has been a couple of days and I already lost 5 pounds. The book is more than a recipe book. For example the introduction educates the reader how you can cure many ailments with a fruit and vegetable smoothie. I had no idea that these drinks could help with anti-aging, diabetes control, healthy skin, satisfy as a meal replacement and help out with weigh loss. I didn't even know what a smoothie was, until I read this book. They go into when the best time to have one of these drinks would be - breakfast. My favorite drinks were the pumpkin and strawberry banana smoothies. Instead of using milk, I can substitute almond milk or bananas. The other thing about the book is that it has a good and bad section on the drinks you are making. I'll enjoy this for some time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book For Anyone Who Even LIKES Smoothies!, March 26, 2013
The Smoothie Recipe Book: 150 Smoothie Recipes serves as a great reference for those who are just beginning to explore the world of smoothie-making. Sure, we've all had a smoothie joint whip something up for us on the run, but this book teaches us the intricacies of what goes into making a truly healthy smoothie, as well as what ingredients will be most beneficial. The author breaks it down into sections based on desired outcomes. There are smoothies for breakfast, anti-aging, energy, cleansing, protein, weight-loss, and many more! There are even recipes that cater to diabetics and kids!

I found myself itching to try several of the recipes, most of which came from the section for brain nourishment. The Mental Monkey Wrench is one that I am dying to try, and all I'll need to have handy are a blender, some green grapes, a couple of kiwis, and a banana! When reading about the infamous "green smoothies", I was very surprised that so many of them actually sounded rather tasty. I've always been afraid of green smoothies, as it has always seemed to me that they were made from all kinds of grasses and whatnot, and the one time I tried one, it was definitely not for me. However, now that I know more about the definition of a green smoothie, as well as the multitude of ingredients, I am definitely open to giving them another shot!

One of the great things about this book is that it teaches the reader about the pros and cons of many of the individual ingredients, and encourages experimentation, adding, subtracting, and substituting various elements. The introduction to each section discusses the needs that we face on a daily basis and what is going on inside our bodies that we need to alter in order to meet those needs.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who simply enjoys a good smoothie!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for everyone!, March 25, 2013
This smoothie book has it all. I really enjoyed reading it. No matter your lifestyle or specific health conditions, you will find something to suit your needs. It has everything. From smoothies for weight loss, healthy skin and anti - aging, diabetic smoothies, and smoothies for brain nutrition just to name a few. Something I really liked is that it gives you the option to exclude any ingredients you may not like, as well as allowing you to add anything you would like to make the smoothie taste wonderful to you. Therefore the recipes in this book aren't set in stone, making room for you to create what's best for you or someone else.

The recipes are very easy to follow. This book tells you exactly how to cut the foods for your smoothie, as well as if you should leave the skin on or peel off the skin on certain fruits and vegetables. It specifies whether to use a green apple or a red apple. Some smoothies are designed to be consumed in the morning or at night, and this book will indicate that. There is a secret ingredient that, when added to a smoothie, will preserve it so if you're going to drink the smoothie at a later time it's still as fresh as when you made it. You'll have to read the book to find out!

The Smoothie Recipe Book is loaded with all sorts of information. It gives you "The Dish" on a variety of ingredients used throughout the book. "The Dish" provides you with "the good" and "the bad" on foods such as blueberries, broccoli, sweet potatoes, celery, spinach, sea salt, grapes, coconut water, and many more smoothie ingredients. Aside from that, there are several interesting facts about foods and herbs. Did you know that there actually exists something referred to as a negative calorie food? There is also a tidbit of vital information regarding apple seeds that everyone must know.

I have learned much from The Smoothie Recipe Book. It definitely exceeded my expectations and was well worth the price since this is a book I can use for the rest of my life. Everyone can learn something from this book. And what a fun way to nourish your body and stay healthy!

1.0 out of 5 stars No nutritional info, no index and no pictures, May 11, 2014
it should be worth it. (Canby, OR, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smoothie Recipe Book: 150 Smoothie Recipes Including Smoothies for Weight Loss and Smoothies for Good Health (Paperback)
This is more like a booklet you would get free with a blender. Had I not paid for it I probably would have tossed it. I have tried three recipes so far. I would not make any of them again. So far ever recipe I have found on internet has been far better. I wish I could give this product no stars or negative stars. There is no nutritional info. There is no index so if you have a bunch of one ingredient on hand say spinach you have to read through 150 recipes to find the best one with spinach. An index would easily solve this problem. I can't believe so many people rated this product so high! It seems like someone just sat down on their computer cranked out 150 recipes (without taste testing them) randomly grouped them and there you go....I was a sucker to have paid for this!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good, straight-forward recipe book, May 24, 2013
The Smoothie Recipe Book is about as straightforward as it sounds, and that's not a bad thing. The book packs in a boatload of smoothie recipes to suit every palate and need, and then some, while providing pertinent info on the pluses and minuses of such trendy ingredients as pomegranates and coconut water. I gravitated toward the brain-boosting recipes and the cleansing smoothies, and found way more than I was expecting in terms of variety. Not everything sounds equally appetizing, but overall there are some genius combinations as well as twists on old stand-bys. Definitely a good buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, August 26, 2013
The recipes I have tried are fine and taste good but I find that almost every recipe will have at least one ingredient that is just not something I would have on hand. Therefore, I do not use it as much as I thought I would or would like to.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have others that I prefer, July 18, 2013
This is an ok smoothie book. There are lots of recipes that contain vegetables rather than just mostly fruit which is nice. She uses sweet potatoes in quite a few. I didn't see where she said to use them raw or cooked. I am not sure how digestible they are raw. There is no nutritional or calorie counts for the drinks. I really like to use frozen fruits in mine to make them thicker and colder, I didn't see many where she does this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Easy..., June 15, 2013
I read every review of every smoothie recipe book before I purchased this one. Let me define my "smoothie" experience level: BEGINNER. I just received a nutra bullet as a gift and was absolutely excited about getting started...that was until I started reading reviews. I just wanted easy to follow instructions, with about 4 or 5 ingredients (2 fruits and 2 veggies combined), and that I could easily find the ingredients for at my local grocery store. I'm a fitness freak and have decided to embark on some diet changes to see if I can naturally feel better and get into better shape. If you are looking for a good basic smoothie book, and you do not shop at a farmers market or health food store for special ingredients; this is the perfect book.

4.0 out of 5 stars There are things I really like about this book and things that I just like about the book. Not quite in love yet., July 24, 2013
My sister raved about this book--she's the reason I bought it or know anything about the book. Thanks sister. I like this book. It's very imformative and it 'gives you the dish' on the particular ingredients contained in each smoothie. For example, it gives you the good and bad sides of eating plums. This book has chapters on different types of smoothies like there's a chapter dedicated to breakfast smoothies, a chapter on smoothies that nourish the brain and a chapter on cleansing smoothies and there are many, many more; 15 chapters in all. I really like that the book contains recipes for fruit smoothies as well as vegetable smoothies. I recommend the book. I've not made many of the smoothies...yet, but I plan to. I'm sure that I will eventually fall in love with this book just as my sister has.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Just Looked Online., October 12, 2013
Lots of smoothie recipes but honestly I could have found just as many online. Why I bought the book was to get nutritional info and this didn't really give that to me either.

$9.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.