5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothies for Health
Published on April 27, 2011 by Mom2sweetp

1.0 out of 5 stars GOT SICK
I purchased the smoothie bible after having the juicing bible for a long time. Let me tell you that I LOVE the juicing bible. But after getting the smoothie bible it is almost the exact same thing as the juicing bible...matter of fact, there are the same recipes in both.

Published on December 10, 2008 by J. Christy

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothies for Health, April 27, 2011
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
I got this from the library first and didn't want to return it after having it for 4 weeks!! This book is great for information about what foods are good for you and which ones aren't. Plenty of smoothies to make that address many health issues and I really like that she has sections on different issues you can have with your body. For example, I had NO idea that soy causes endometriosis to be more painful! Now that I do know, I have cut it all out of my diet and this book is the one that opened my eyes to it. I have made many of the smoothies for myself and my family and we really enjoy them. This is a great book for those who are looking for smoothies to do more then just taste good.

1.0 out of 5 stars GOT SICK, December 10, 2008
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)

But the biggest thing is that I made the Flu Fighter #1 smoothie and myself and my 4yo daughter got SEVERELY ill. I made the recipe using raw elderberries (as mentioned in the book) and I had a severe reaction: vomiting and diarrhea. I read later online that elderberries contain cyanide (that is neutralized when cooked) and should NOT be consumed raw. I would think that Pat Crocker, being an herbalist, should have known or mentioned this somewhere in the book and NOT suggested consuming raw elderberries in her recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific for the whole family!, July 13, 2010
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
Pat Crocker is definitely an author to follow. Her passion for food comes across in every recipe and I love her latest book of Smoothies!

The Smoothies Bible (second edition) contains even more recipes with antioxidant fruits and veggies - which I find extremely important. Not always having time for a proper lunch, I can always depend on being full after a smoothie. Pat says that in as few as one-two smoothies per week, smoothies provide up to three of the five daily servings of fruits and vegetables recommended by nutritional experts. And, with the recipes being so tasty, my family also loves them!

I love the fact that the book also contains tips for a healthy lifestyle, and is a detailed source for anyone who wants to benefit from these wonderfully easy-to-make drinks. Your kids will never look at veggies the same way again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, February 9, 2011
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
The smoothie recipes are very interesting and varied. This smoothie recipe cookbook may be the only one you need in your cookbook library. The recipes include more vegetable and fruit combinations than you can imagine. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy doesn't get any tastier!, July 28, 2010
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
Pat Crocker's Smoothies Bible is my bible for all things fresh and tasty. This terrific book offers even more antioxidant fruits and veggies into her smoothies recipes. I can even make classic cocktail recipes (with or without the alcohol) with this book - how fun is that!

Smoothies are part of my everyday routine now - either as a breakfast when I'm rushed, as a lunch when I'm stuck in the office, or replenishing after a great workout.

The author also includes a Healthy Body Systems section which explains how the body works at it's best, ingredient profiles, and tips on how to live a better and healthier lifestyle. You want to be happier and healthier? Then pick this book up today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Recipes, Helpful Health Advice, September 19, 2011
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
This book offers tasty, unique recipes and lots of them. It also offers an extensive list of health issues (including ADHD, Anxiety, Endometriosis, Eye Problems, Gout...) paired with a definition, fruit, vegetable and herb recommendations and a list of foods to avoid. Of course each health concern is also paired with a list of smoothies that include beneficial foods.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Smoothies Bible, August 4, 2005
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
WOW!!! What can I say about this book? It has absolutely every kind of info about food, health conditions, herbs, fruit, veggies, absolutely everything--everything you ever wanted to know plus more. A wonderful, wonderful book. I even reordered this for my son and his family. All I can say is, "Wow" again. A very informative book with delicious recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot of info in there..., September 23, 2008
Waking Up Ben (Morris Plains, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
I was looking for a few recipes to get me started, and ended up with the "Joy of Cooking" for smoothies. It's fun to read about doing things that never would have occurred to me. I'll probably even try some of those. If you're looking for some good fruit smoothie recipes, have no fear -- they are here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source for natural remedies in a delicious smoothy!, March 9, 2011
CanHope (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
I bought this book for the smoothy recipes, not realizing that there were whole sections dedicated to natural smoothy remedies for common ailments (acne, sleeplessness, asthma, etc.). I have tried a few of the kale based smoothies and loved them. My digestion has definitely improved and I am sleeping better. However, I have not had the book long enough (or had enough of the smoothies) to say whether the ones I have tried work for the particular ailment, but will update this posting as time goes by.
I like the shakes though and now my friends are constantly asking me for recipes from the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great recipes for what ails you., July 16, 2006
Homeschooling and Loving It! (Cumming, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smoothies Bible (Paperback)
I got this book for my husband for Father's Day, but I use it as much as he does! Simple to use and easy to follow, I recommend this book to anyone looking to add smoothies to their daily life.

The Smoothies Bible
The Smoothies Bible by Pat Crocker (Paperback - February 4, 2010)
$24.95 $17.19