Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on April 27, 2011
I got this from the library first and didn't want to return it after having it for 4 weeks!! This book is great for information about what foods are good for you and which ones aren't. Plenty of smoothies to make that address many health issues and I really like that she has sections on different issues you can have with your body. For example, I had NO idea that soy causes endometriosis to be more painful! Now that I do know, I have cut it all out of my diet and this book is the one that opened my eyes to it. I have made many of the smoothies for myself and my family and we really enjoy them. This is a great book for those who are looking for smoothies to do more then just taste good.
on December 10, 2008
I purchased the smoothie bible after having the juicing bible for a long time. Let me tell you that I LOVE the juicing bible. But after getting the smoothie bible it is almost the exact same thing as the juicing bible...matter of fact, there are the same recipes in both.

But the biggest thing is that I made the Flu Fighter #1 smoothie and myself and my 4yo daughter got SEVERELY ill. I made the recipe using raw elderberries (as mentioned in the book) and I had a severe reaction: vomiting and diarrhea. I read later online that elderberries contain cyanide (that is neutralized when cooked) and should NOT be consumed raw. I would think that Pat Crocker, being an herbalist, should have known or mentioned this somewhere in the book and NOT suggested consuming raw elderberries in her recipe.
66 comments|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2011
The smoothie recipes are very interesting and varied. This smoothie recipe cookbook may be the only one you need in your cookbook library. The recipes include more vegetable and fruit combinations than you can imagine. You will not be disappointed!
on July 28, 2010
Pat Crocker's Smoothies Bible is my bible for all things fresh and tasty. This terrific book offers even more antioxidant fruits and veggies into her smoothies recipes. I can even make classic cocktail recipes (with or without the alcohol) with this book - how fun is that!

Smoothies are part of my everyday routine now - either as a breakfast when I'm rushed, as a lunch when I'm stuck in the office, or replenishing after a great workout.

The author also includes a Healthy Body Systems section which explains how the body works at it's best, ingredient profiles, and tips on how to live a better and healthier lifestyle. You want to be happier and healthier? Then pick this book up today!
on July 13, 2010
Pat Crocker is definitely an author to follow. Her passion for food comes across in every recipe and I love her latest book of Smoothies!

The Smoothies Bible (second edition) contains even more recipes with antioxidant fruits and veggies - which I find extremely important. Not always having time for a proper lunch, I can always depend on being full after a smoothie. Pat says that in as few as one-two smoothies per week, smoothies provide up to three of the five daily servings of fruits and vegetables recommended by nutritional experts. And, with the recipes being so tasty, my family also loves them!

I love the fact that the book also contains tips for a healthy lifestyle, and is a detailed source for anyone who wants to benefit from these wonderfully easy-to-make drinks. Your kids will never look at veggies the same way again!
on September 19, 2011
This book offers tasty, unique recipes and lots of them. It also offers an extensive list of health issues (including ADHD, Anxiety, Endometriosis, Eye Problems, Gout...) paired with a definition, fruit, vegetable and herb recommendations and a list of foods to avoid. Of course each health concern is also paired with a list of smoothies that include beneficial foods.
on March 9, 2011
I bought this book for the smoothy recipes, not realizing that there were whole sections dedicated to natural smoothy remedies for common ailments (acne, sleeplessness, asthma, etc.). I have tried a few of the kale based smoothies and loved them. My digestion has definitely improved and I am sleeping better. However, I have not had the book long enough (or had enough of the smoothies) to say whether the ones I have tried work for the particular ailment, but will update this posting as time goes by.
I like the shakes though and now my friends are constantly asking me for recipes from the book!
on February 16, 2013
Let me start with my own personal "fuss": For me there is only one Bible. I will shy away from books with this term in the title, just like I won't buy books that are "for idiots" simply because I'm not an idiot. That said, I like the book very much. Along with the main section of recipes (including two sections of enticing photos), it is well laid out with sections on healthy body systems, health conditions, healthy foods and what is called "endnotes" including a glossary, list of a few sources, and a small section on food allergies. There is a page on food combining but I doubt our forebears went cruising around the Garden saying, "Oh Sweetheart, we can't eat this just now until we find some of that to go with it". Although it does include soy in some of the recipes, I choose not to consume it because of possible toxins in any that has not been fermented and because most soy available today has GMOs, (as does most canola and some other crops). The author does caution against saturated fats such as those found in coconut. However, creditable information exists elsewhere to the contrary. To her credit, I have not found any sugar listed in her recipes - a big plus! Something else I like is that if you have a certain ingredient - say, parsnips or some other unlikely item - you can just go to the index and look it up, et voila! three recipes using parsnips! Overall, the book is well done and easy to use.
When making my decisions, I rely heavily on these reviews - and I hope this one has been helpful for you!
on April 23, 2013
A wast of money if you already got the Juicing Bible!! This book is an exact repeat of the author, Pat Crocker Juicing Bible. She/He needs to be slapped for robbing readers out of more money for the same information.
on July 14, 2011
I have to agree with Trevor. There isn't much creative thought involved in these smoothies. The vast majority of them could be classified as "Simple Smoothies." I was hoping for at least a bit of complexity in some of the recipes. Most recipes appear to combine two or 3 flavors but not much more. If you like it simple, then this is the book for you.