5.0 out of 5 stars These authors put the "soul" back into soul mate marriages
Every now and then a book will grab you from the first page. It will quicken within you a hope or create a bubble of excitement. You can't wait to read more. And, on a very rare occasion, this book will even be non-fiction. The Soul-Mate Marriage is just one of those books for me.

Published on February 6, 2009 by Armchair Interviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good from a Conservative Christian Perspective
Published on July 15, 2010 by BW

5.0 out of 5 stars These authors put the "soul" back into soul mate marriages, February 6, 2009
This review is from: The Soul-Mate Marriage: The Spiritual Journey of Becoming One (Paperback)

I've read marriage books that promise results. Some of them have delivered. I've read about how to properly feed and care for my husband. Excellent information. I've read marriage books that teach me how my brain works (I'm both Venusian and Spaghetti, or so they say). I do love to read books that encourage me in this dance called marriage. I find it highly valuable to cultivate what is arguably one of the most important relationships I will have. And STILL, after years of reading these marriage-building books, I found one with different information that I will be quoting for years to come.

Building upon the theory that every marriage relationship needs more TV--Transparency and Vulnerability (sorry guys!)-- The Soul-Mate Marriage encourages deeper, more fulfilling marriages. They use humor, real-life stories, and their experience as marriage counselors to teach us how to make our marriages great (not just "pretty good"). This book does attempt to speak to readers right where they are so there are portions that may not apply to all readers (if you've already chosen a spouse, I suggest you not go looking for another using their how-to-choose-a-spouse methods, for example). However, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book to anyone and everyone looking to improve their marriages. After all, who doesn't want to be the marriage that everyone else envies?

Armchair Interviews says: Excellent resource for couples and singles from this couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIREPROOF Your Marriage: Next Steps after The Love Dare, December 6, 2008
If you've seen the new "FireProof" movie and taken "The Love Dare," here's the next step for your relationship, from veteran family counselors Dr. David & Lisa Frisbie.

So readable --- I couldn't put it down --- I was caught up from the very first story of the young parents fighting at the counselor's office. WOW.

This is a hugely readable book; give it as a gift and someone will thank you for it --- because they'll actually read it! This book won't get dusty on a bookshelf or a coffee table somewhere.

I bought this book at a megachurch in Southern California where the authors are frequent speakers and presenters. I've attended several of their marriage workshops and they're the same in person as they are in these pages: positive, encouraging, funny...and filled with hope.

Isn't there enough depressing news about marriage these days? Here's exactly the opposite: step-by-step encouragement about how to take your relationship to a closer, stronger, more intimate, more satisfying place.

Lauren Hodge
Apple Valley, California

4.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, December 25, 2013
Frisbie provides very good insights. I think this book would be very helpful to partners wanting to work on their relationship. He gives good examples and explains his points well. I'm not finished with it yet, but as of Chapter 7, he hasn't provided many how to's. I also think he spends to much time touting his profession. However, many who would not entertain the advice of a counselor, or need the independent third part to achieve a true soul-mate relationship will gain an appreciation for why you need help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for my Soul-Mate, November 6, 2013
This book is a great read with lots of great information that will and can help any marriage or singles thinking about getting married. I will definitely use the methods and share them with others. I can say that I am a few steps closer to preparing and building that solid relationship and marriage. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marriage Book Favorite, May 18, 2013
I have many many books I have poured over about marriage and this is one I find the most inspiring, original and (most importantly) marriage-changing. It was surprising seeing as I had never heard of the authors before I met them briefly at my work and soon after received this as a gift in the middle of a time where my marriage was new and struggling. This is one you'll read and read again, well-written. As some have referenced above, it definitely comes from a Christian perspective, but I would respond that just because some advice comes from the Bible doesn't discredit its value in marriage anymore than if it would have come from your grandma, sister, ancient philosopher of a different tradition, etc. Modern research and psychology has valuable roots in various traditions. If it works, it works. And this book is a really great reference, so useful and readable at the same time with both academic merit and practical and lovable uses that are indeed marriage changing. I would recommend this to anybody at any point in marriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enriching, April 4, 2013
Great book! Learned a lot about myself and others : ) Wise, caring instruction with practical advice for strengthening and enriching your marriage. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, December 19, 2012
This is a fantastic book that we can glean much information from that will bless our relationship now and in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good from a Conservative Christian Perspective, July 15, 2010
This book opens in an informative manner that can draw in readers from almost any spiritual background. However, the author becomes increasingly heavy-handed in his use of teachings from his conservative Christian perspective, which employs an Old-Testament view of God. If readers from other traditions can translate these teachings into their own spiritual language, the book can be helpful for mending a marriage. His view that Transparency and Vulnerability are important for any marriage to thrive is right on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Soulmate Marriage: the CHRISTIAN journey of becoming one, May 25, 2011
This book should only be purchased by people who are followers of the Christian faith. The description stating that the authors "review up-to-date studies" is somewhat true although most of what they quote is scripture. This "informative and entertaining guide reveals practical steps" that are only relevant within the context of Christianity, they are not practical at all otherwise. The authors do have some messages that are applicable to all couples but it is very difficult to wade through this narrowly-focused text. I found the description of this book misleading and unhelpful given the content of the book. I would definitely not recommend this if you are not Christian, it takes far too much time for far too little applicable benefit.

The Soul-Mate Marriage: The Spiritual Journey of Becoming One
The Soul-Mate Marriage: The Spiritual Journey of Becoming One by Lisa Frisbie (Paperback - November 15, 2008)
$13.99 $12.59
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.