5.0 out of 5 stars A New Favorite Cookbook!
Published 11 months ago by LeAnn Rice

2.0 out of 5 stars Based on high reviews, I bought this book hoping ...
Published 8 months ago by Cummings Reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Based on high reviews, I bought this book hoping ..., June 25, 2014
Based on high reviews, I bought this book hoping for some interesting, authentic Southern recipes. Glancing through, it quickly became apparent the book relies heavily on store-bought, pre-packaged items, and the some of the recipes are ridiculously simplistic (tomatoes and mayo on a cracker?). I will continue my search for a collection of high quality Southern coooking.

It is an attractive book and, as usual, it arrived very quickly from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Favorite Cookbook!, March 11, 2014
This review is from: The Southern Bite Cookbook: 150 Irresistible Dishes from 4 Generations of My Family's Kitchen (Paperback)
The moment I received The Southern Bite Cookbook I flipped through every recipe and dog-eared more than half the pages. That's saying something! There are so many wonderful recipes! This book was clearly written with a great deal of heart. Stacey invites you into his life as he shares family recipes and traditions. His stories are part of the charm of this wonderful book. And the food is glorious! I've only had time to make one recipe but it was so mouth-watering I'm still drooling! This is definitely my new favorite go-to cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLE, SOUTHERN, HONEST - MUST HAVE, April 1, 2014
You will not be disappointed in purchasing this cookbook. All of the recipes are family friendly and can be made without a whole lot of fuss. I love that all of the ingredients that Stacey uses can be found easily. No fancy, hard-to-find gourmet items in here.These recipes are not pretentious. I call this honest food. It is the everyday food that we sit down and eat with our families or take to potlucks. I have made several recipes already from this cookbook. We loved the Chicken and Dumplings Casserole and the fudge recipe is amazing. There will be southern recipes that you might be familiar with from your own childhood but many have their own little unique twists to them to give them a fresh take. There are lots of pictures in here so that is great if you are a visual person. The book is broken down into the different meal types (Party Bites, Weeknight Bites, Holiday Bites, etc.) Each recipe has it's own dedicated page. Now, I know this might not seem like much but it's a big deal when you start cooking and you need to refer back to the recipe. You might have your hand covered in flour and if you gotta flip the page to continue reading, that's a huge pain. You can tell this was a very well thought out book. There aren't a bunch of "filler" recipes in here like you get with some cookbooks. Each recipe is explained well and you can tell the author has had lots of experience making these dishes. I love that he keeps it real. It tells a story of family and food and togetherness through recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous recipes! Very readable book!, March 12, 2014
I love the recipes in this book! Easy to follow, no "exotic" ingredients! Absolutely delicious! I had the honor and pleasure to attend the book launch party last evening where food from the book was served! The Tomato Tarts, the Fried Pickled Okra, the Brie with Praline sauce and the pimento cheese bites were my personal favorites, but nothing was anything but memorable!
I also love how readable the book is with insights into the generations of wonderful cooks in Stacey"s family! His son Jack seems to following in his Dad's footsteps!
I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVING SOUTHERN FARE, March 16, 2014
Emily (Texas Native) - See all my reviews
Stacey did a wonderful job sharing incredible Southern cuisine. The pictures are beautiful, explanations are easy to follow, and yes, the ingredients are at your fingertips, or easy to find. There is not one item in this cookbook I would not make! I adore the South, including my home state of Texas, so I collect many cookbooks featuring Southern fare. This is one of the best!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Money, April 21, 2014
Not worth the Money if you are a foodie. I have lived in the south all of my life, and I will tell you that the book is a disappointment. They seem to take shortcuts on about every recipe, and it is reflected in the taste. You would be better off with Southern Living or Paula Deen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Taste of the South!, April 2, 2014
This is an EXCELLENT taste of the south. The dishes are delicious and quick to prepare. This book will be a staple in our kitchen - I have bought several to give as gifts!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good But Misleading Cookbook, March 23, 2014
I got this book the day it came out after discovering the author's blog by following links on Christy Jordan's blog. It is a good cookbook, the pictures and stories are lovely. My only problem is the title (particularly the "150 irresistible dishes from 4 generations...). I was expecting most if not all of the recipes to be from the authors family. I love tried and true, unique recipes. However, there are only a few family recipes and most are new creations or submissions from readers of the blog. I can get internet recipes off the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookbook, March 14, 2014
I love this Cookbook! The recipes are southern, sassy, and simple! Stacey not only tells you how to make some of the South's hidden best, but also adds some charm by adding some southern inspiration for each recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the stories!, April 2, 2014
I have not yet made a recipe out of the cookbook but the first day I got it I started skimming through it and found myself reading all the stories! I love how Stacey wrote his life stories explaining how his love for cooking grew through his family. Like he said on the Today show, it's about family and getting everyone around the table/kitchen to enjoy each other's company more than how complex or fancy the meal is.

The recipes are very easy to read and have everyday ingredients that will not be hard to find. I can't wait to start making some of these wonderful recipes!!

$24.99 $19.07