5.0 out of 5 stars Love It
This is a well written book by many of my favorite contributors to Garden & Gun magazine. I especially love Julia Reed's writing, the section on sweet tea, How to Talk Faulkner & the care & seasoning of cast iron -- Well shucks, I like the whole book! BTW, I'm either going to buy another book or keep the one I bought for my sister's birthday!
Published 8 months ago by Sue Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Understanding Southern Life
This is a very nice book, lovely cover on the hardbook version.
I am a transplant to Georgia from California. This book explained some aspects about Southerners that I did not know. The book has six parts; each addresses a different aspect of life in the South. The parts are: 1)Food, 2) Style, 3)Drink, 4) Sporting & Adventure, 5)Home & Garden, and 6) Arts & Culture...
Published 5 months ago by B. J. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, November 5, 2013
This review is from: The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars This will help explain why no one ever retires and moves up North!, November 11, 2013
Such fun stories to lose ones self in. I enjoyed this book for the light reading it provided. Someone wasn't having a good day or perhaps a good life when they read it..... Pity. I found it fun, frolicky & a bit flirty. Great gift for any Southerner who enjoys out of doors sporting or to entertain or be entertained. The pleasures of life are not to be taken quite too seriously when escaping within the pages of light reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be a great Christmas present., October 29, 2013
I pre-ordered this book and received it today. I have enjoyed reading it and plan to order a cople copies for Christmas presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you Southern?, December 21, 2013
This fellows story about picking a whiskey and ordering a Jameson in a Scots bar is classic. Great humor and keeps a person in tune with many aspects of a proud heritage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book if you love the magazine, June 25, 2014
Really enjoyable book, great gift material at a super good price.

Only two comments that are negative - the size is a little strange (kind of short and squatty) and the back has a large sticker on it, describing what's inside. It seems very 'anti-southern' having such a nicely bound book to have a huge sticker stuck on the back (including the price!). Try and take it off - it'll rip into a thousand pieces and leave a sticky gunk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of essays, how-to, humor, and more, October 31, 2013
Awesome contributors and great writing throughout. We will be buying more copies as Christmas gifts for friends and family. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, January 16, 2014
Light reading but somewhat informative and entertaining. The price is right. I would buy again and recommend it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a gift!, January 4, 2014
My friend, who got it from me, loves this book.
There are fewer recipes than I expected but it's still great. Worth the money.
Very high quality publishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!, January 4, 2014
I can't say enough good about this book! I have one for myself and have loved reading every page of it. I have already bought 3 more for family and friends. This will be my "GO-TO" gift from now on!!!! You must read it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice welcome to the South..., January 4, 2014
We, along with 2 friends, just moved to Charlotte, NC and I ordered 3 of these books as a welcome gift. The cover is nicely done and I love the history with each category as to why things are done the way they are done in the South!
My order was shipped and I received them all within a few days of my order.

The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life
The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life by Chris Dixon (Hardcover - October 29, 2013)
$27.99 $18.31