4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Buying, March 2, 2004
This review is from: The Spaniard's Passion The Galvan Brides (Mass Market Paperback)
Back Cover: Sophie knew she could never give in to her overwhelming attraction to South American millionaire Alonso (Lon) Galvan. So she agreed to a loveless marriage to a man who left her with a pile of gambling debts. But Lon has never renounced his vow that, one day, Sophie will be his! Now, finding her alone and widowed, it seems his prayers have been answered. At last he can show her what real passion is all about-and that he means to make her his bride.
I really enjoyed this book so I bought it. It was my favorite out of the series. Lon is breath-takingly gorgeous, anyone would fall in love with him. The only problem I had was Sophie's constant and irritable rejections toward him and her trying to hide behind her dead husband whom she didn't even love. But of course she realizes her stupidity in the end and the heat begins...

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, November 10, 2006
I really like this story. I thought it was interesting how the characters relationship begins. They met at school, and were inseperable friends along with another guy.

Sophie and Lon had an undeniable attraction, but it was a little too dangerous for Sophie so she chose the other man as her husband. That ended up being very far from the happy ever after she was hoping for. Now her husband is dead and has left her nothing. She is trying to find out what happen to make her a widow. It's a big mystery.

Lon comes to her aid to help her find out what happened to his friend and her husband.

I thought this book was really good. It was nice to see Lon finally get the woman he has wanted forever. It was also good to have the reunion at the end. A nice tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have I been? Porter?, August 10, 2008
I have been reading Harlequins for almost 30 years and can truly say that Jane Porter could be one the the best Harlequin writers-ever.

This book had so much depth, character development, plot and emotion it was hard to believe I was reading a Harlequin.

I loved the hero and heroine. I found them believable to the point where I became invested in their story and could not put this book down.

This is only my second Porter. I will be on the look out for more books by Porter. The only recent ones I have seen involve sheiks, in which I have interest.

Two asides: I like that the two books I read have featued American heorines. I do have one quibble, but that is with the title of the book. Why is it called "The Spanaird's Passion" when the hero was Argentinian/English?

5.0 out of 5 stars An Intriguing Love Story, November 10, 2009
Long ago, Lady Sophie Wilkins ran from her attraction to darkly handsome Alonso Galvan and straight into the arms of another man. Now, poor Clive was dead and the puzzling clues to his death led Sophie back to South America, here it had all begun.

Lon is determined to make Sophie his and their reunion generates sparks of passion, despite the passage of time. Unfortunately, Clive's death hangs over their relationship and the more Sophie is around Alonso, the more she fears that he isn't what he seems. Lon's past is cloaked in mystery, death and danger, a web of drug dealers and special forces, which reaches for Sophie as she strives for the truth. Can Lon save her in time? Let yourself be swept up in the intrigue and love behind The Spaniard's Passion.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spaniard's Passion by Jane Porter, February 12, 2013
Sophie, Alonso and Clide all best friends in school did everything together. When Clide asked Sophie to marry him, she did. But, she could never get past her true feelings for Alonso. When Clide is killed in a horrible, secretive accident, Sophie sets off to South America to find out what really happened and ends up tragically involved in something she was better off not knowing. Alonso goes right after her knowing what trouble is waiting and to do what he can to save her. This book is a wonderful roller coaster of a ride. Lots of intense emotion, suspense and passion. Read it, you'll love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A captivating romance novel, January 8, 2013
This books needs to be read together with the other books. So be sure to read "In Dante's Debt" first, then "Lazaro's Revenge", then "The Latin Lover's Secret Child" and then read this one. It's such a great book connecting the other ones and the ending is a good one.
Jane Porter writes great captivating romance novels and this one about the Galvan family is one that I love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, July 7, 2005
My second Jane porter book in two days and I'm now ordering all of her books and will never miss her future ones. Big, strong and a handsome hero along with a captivating story are her trademarks. Get this book and you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the Galvan Brides series!, April 20, 2006
This book is my favorite in the Galvan Brides books. As a teenager, Sophie was overwhelmed by her feelings towards Alonso Galvan. He awoke deep passions in her and to protect herself, she married Clive, Alonso's best friend.
Time has passed, now Sophie is a grown woman who is also widowed. Without Clive in her live, Alonso comes back to prove Sophie that she was always meant to be his.
The scenes were so good, I thought I was watching a movie. I loved the romance, the especial ceremonies and the final reunion of the Galvan family where I met passed characters.
A quick and easy read. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!!!!!!!!!, November 4, 2004
J COFFMAN "Jackie" (Solihull, West Midlands, England.) - See all my reviews
Absolutely loved this book, the best of the series. I loved the ending with all the family joined together for Christmas. It was great to see them all again after reading their individual stories. I wish Jane would write more on the Galvan's. Surely with Tino how he was there has got to be more son's & daughters about we haven't met yet. The possibilities are endless.

The Spaniard's Passion   The Galvan Brides
The Spaniard's Passion The Galvan Brides by Jane Porter (Mass Market Paperback - December 1, 2003)
Used & New from: $0.01