|Digital List Price:||$27.95|
|Print List Price:||$19.95|
Save $5.96 (30%)
The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
Honesty this is the BEST cook book I have ever bought in my life, I kid you not! I love cook books, so yeah, the island in my kitchen in the cabinet it is filled with cook books. I just love this cook book. It is filled with all kinds of information which will help you live a healthier lifestyle, and all kinds of good recipes!!! Sparkpeople being as they are, they just give you more great stuff than other companies do. I have found stuff in this cook book that I have never seen in other cook books like: on page 25 there is a large section devoted to cooking low fat food that tastes great. It is filled with helpful ways to turn any recipe into a low fat lower calorie meal. Sparkpeople call this section, The Love Your Food, Lose the Weight Cooking School. Also there are many recipes which suggest other side dishes to add to the meal to make it a complete dinner. Each recipe has nutritional information per serving such as, fiber, protein, total carbs, calories, sodium, cholesterol, & total fat.
WHAT I LOVE :
Why do I love the Sparkpeople Cook Book- love your food and lose weight?:
* This cook book is dedicated to us! It says,"To SparkPeople members everywhere, and anyone who thought they had to give up the food they love to be healthy."
* I just LOVE that in each recipe they tell you how big one serving size is, so you know without a doubt just how big/small one serving size REALLY is. For example on page 231 for the recipe, Tuna Noodle Casserole (which is 307 calories per serving and looks and sounds great!) makes 4 servings and each serving is 1 1/2 cups.
* I love the suggestions they give you on how to create a shopping list. I hate to shop for groceries.Read more ›
What really surprised me though was how good the food tasted, while still staying lower in calories, and even in sodium (which I've been keeping an eye on). Overall the recipes were pretty easy and quick to make, which was helped by simple descriptions and photos. I've only tried a few recipes, but my favorites so far are the "Baked Sunburst Fries" (my kids love them too) and the quick and simple Pad Thai. I look forward to trying more soon, and will try to update my review at that time.
So far the Slow-cooker Salsa Chicken is my favorite (and one the whole family loves)!
The pages are thick and glossy, and includes a lot of photos of what the finished recipe looks like. There is more than one index, so you options to utilize to find a favorite recipe. And there are no hard to find ingredients.
I am really pleased with my copy of the cookbook, and am amazed that the price was so low in comparison to what I got. I plan to buy copies for Christmas for my two daughters!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I finally bought this book after borrowing my friends copy for over 3 months. Has a great break down on how to switch to a healthy lifestyle and crucial information on portions,... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent cookbook. It has helpful ingredient lists, as well as equipment. The recipes are delicious and healthy!!Published 5 months ago by Natasha
good, simple recipes - easy to make and gentle on your budgetPublished 5 months ago by sandra mills
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Fat
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Low Fat
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Fat
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Fat