5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have for all Spider-Man Fans.
Published 3 months ago by Kelvin Duran

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete Series...but you only need Season 1
This is hard for me to give 3 stars overall. Season 1 is 5 stars for sure, but Season 2 is 1 star...so i have to give a medium of 3.

Season 1 gives you so much heart, and the stories make sense and you feel for these characters and like who they develop to be. One thing i always give this show credit for is it's incredible fight scenes. It's like the...
Published 1 day ago by Derrick J. Nolan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have for all Spider-Man Fans., May 10, 2014
This review is from: The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Alright so I want to say i have never seen The Spectacular Spider-Man ever on tv or the internet, First time I saw The Spectacular Spider-Man is when I ordered the The Complete Series on Blu-ray. Im going to say this right now The Spectacular Spider-Man looks spectacular on Blu-Ray. And this is without a doubt the best adaptation of Spider-Man, and one of the best Comic book adaptations of all time. Honestly this series gets all the characters right. Previous animated series of Spider-Man and the live action films can not come close to The Spectacular Spider-Man. For once I enjoy every character I see in the spider universe besides the comics of course, But the characters are just amazing in this series. The series has humor, good plot and story, and you get to see the problems of peter parkers everyday life, as well as for the other characters. When you finish a episode it leaves you with wanting more. It is true to the source material. This series is also for all ages from children to teenagers and adults. It is a crime this series got cancelled. But what can you do. I recommend buying this if you are a spider fan, love comic books, or just love superheroes in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series! Good things do end sooner..., May 10, 2014
This is Spidey at his finest. Story-wise and character-wise, it is faithful to comics and has top notch animation: especially during fights. Visual style may look a bit kiddish, but it only looks that way...good story-lines and complex plots make it a pure gem for all ages. So much love went into this series!

Heard it ended due to Marvel/Sony dispute over rights further complicated by Disney's Marvel acquisition. We really wanted more Spidey, Green Goblin, and debut of fan favorite villains like Carnage, Scorpion etc. Oh well :(

The audio and video here are incredible, by the way. Would have appreciated more special features though. (Perhaps few unreleased episodes/storyboards of them?) Anyway, like another reviewer said, happy with we got here. Now, can we get 90s Spiderman animated's complete series too, please?

4.0 out of 5 stars So glad I waited., February 25, 2014
I adored this show when it was in air and the fact it was cancelled still hurts.

Season 2 has only been available as individual volumes which were not released here and to buy them separately online was a rather costly affair. So I always avoided buying them and now, with this package, I can watch the whole show in glorious HD.

Bummed there aren't any new features or commentaries accompanying this release, but I'll take what I can get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down, this IS Spider-Man, April 22, 2014
G. Bishansky "Greg X" (New York, United States) - See all my reviews
Well, I just spent the last ten hours marathoning my "Spectacular Spider-Man" Blu-ray. Time well spent, as this is not only the greatest Spider-Man animated series of all time, not only the greatest Spider-Man adaptation of all time, but one of the greatest comic book adaptations of all time, period. It stands shoulder to shoulder with "Batman the Animated Series" and Joss Whedon's live action "Avengers" film, it's that good.

I've watched this series a lot since it premiered, I owned the DVD's, I've seen it on Vortexx's website, but I've never seen it look this good. The lines were sharp, the colors vibrant... it was like seeing it again for the first time.

A terrific re-imagining of Spider-Man's mythos. Spidey and Peter Parker are perfectly portrayed by Josh Keaton. Likewise, Lacey Chabert is great as Gwen Stacy; Vanessa Marshall is everything I ever wanted in Mary Jane Watson; Alan Rachins' Norman Osborn is a cold bastard and Steve Blum's Green Goblin is wonderfully psychotic and creepy. Every character is wonderful.

I think Sony could learn a lot from this show as they continue to adapt Spidey to the big screen, and Marvel could learn a lot as they continue to publish the comics and adapt him to the small screen. This series was absolutely perfect. Sharp writing, top notch voice acting, breathtaking animation. The only thing I would change would be to add at least another three seasons.

All twenty-six episodes are presented here in glorious hi-def, and we get three extras detailing the making of the show. If you're a Spidey fan of any kind, old or new; hardcore or casual, this is the series for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Spider-Man series, March 4, 2014
I love this series - it has great character development and fantastic action. It's s fresh take on the character while remaining true to the spirit of the classic comic. For my experience, this is the best version of Spider-Man in any movie or tv show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just spectacular, March 22, 2014
This cartoon is so good words can't express how good this cartoon is Great story and excellent. People doing the voice for spidey and other people and the action is non stop I really wish this stayed on longer there were so much they could have done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Spider-Man cartoon ever!, February 24, 2014
This is without a doubt, the greatest Spider-Man incarnation of all time. In either film or television. It stays true to it's source material and provides spectacular story-telling and characters. The blu-ray announcement came out of nowhere and has me so excited. I cannot wait for this release! Day one buy and highly, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Show, March 13, 2014
Quite simply one of the best superhero shows of all time (just behind Batman: The Animated Series) and who knows where it would have ranked if it weren't canceled so early. I've been waiting for this release for 5 years now. So happy it's finally being released in its entirety.

5.0 out of 5 stars A spectacular series, June 17, 2014
This is a great animated show, and possibly the best televised incarnation of the webcrawling hero. The extras are a bit slim, but what counts here is the fact that the 26 episodes are finally available on one set, featuring an excelente HD transfer. Highly recommended for fans of great superheroic animation and everybody else.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite cartoon Spidey is complete at last, May 30, 2014
D.Richmond (Richmond, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
Rights issues doomed this excellent series even when it was becoming must-see tv for me. And I hate watching tv. So finally having the episodes on blu is nice.

The quality is pretty good, but you can see some of the shoddier animation techniques used to get this out, especially when frames were zoomed into, that's the beauty of animation on blu--it can look pretty ugly.

But what works here are the characters who are pitch perfect for me. I didn't really connect with Spider-Man until the Ultimate Spider-Man comics and I think this does a fairly good job mirroring that high school world Bendis set his Spidey in.

This is the closest Spider-man fans have come to a Batman: The Animated Series in terms of quality. Not to be missed!

The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Spectacular Spider-Man (Blu-ray - 2014)
$45.99 $22.49