Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Speech: A Historic Filibuster on Corporate Greed and the Decline of Our Middle Class
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

29%
71%

on November 14, 2012
This was not written as a book, but rather is the transcript of a filibusterer; consequently it is marred by repetition and typographical errors. Having said that, I consider it a must read. I do not understand how anyone who is not making at least a million dollars a year could read this and still vote the Republican ticket. Democrats are not much better, but at least they make a pretense at being concerned about the welfare of their country and its citizens. Sanders is, of course, neither but rather an Independent.
on July 15, 2015
This book is an excellent transcription of Senator Bernie Sanders' filibuster speech. It is inspiring and helpful to think in terms of political candidates, the issues and a good guide to use when considering a candidate on any level.
I highly recommend this book for poli sci students as well.
#Bernie2016
on March 5, 2016
Bernie through and through--corporate greed, the imbalance of executive salaries vs lower level employee wages, the corrosive influence of campaign contributions by PAC's and the Super-Rich and the quid pro quo expected.

It was a filibuster and therefor went on and on, page after page, redundantly. I read only half before realizing it would be the same, over and over.

If one wants to know how Bernie Sanders stands it is a good read; just needs to be shorter.
on October 4, 2013
It was a ten hour speech that explored the economic policies enacted over the past 40+ years which benefited one population at the expense of others.
on May 16, 2016
I'm a Bernie fan. What more can I say? I thought it was wonderful.
on July 8, 2015
Great filibuster speech.
on June 27, 2012
I agreed with three key points he made: his criticism of the extension of Bus tax cuts, his opposition to the bailouts of large banks like JP Morgan Chase, and the repeal of the estate tax.

However, I had a large complaint with Sander's speech: I did not agree at all with his opposition to the payroll tax cuts. He denounces this as a right-wing plot to destroy Social Security; I think that's an unfair generalization. For example, Jimmy Carter in 1977 proposed paying Soc Sec benefits out of the general revenue. I doubt that was a secret plot to ruin Soc Sec. If you're going to stand up as the ally of working people, you should support a tax cut that benefits them. The revenue lost to the Treasury could be made up by a more rational tax, perhaps a carbon tax.