5.0 out of 5 stars The Spinal Cord Injry Handbook
This book was great. It told about the various types of spinal injuries and how each injury is different based on where the injury was located and how it affected your body and daily life skills.
Published on April 30, 2000 by monica olson

1.0 out of 5 stars old
this book was published in 1988-- the information is way out of
date at rate medical science progresses these days,.
Published 20 days ago by Mack1942

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spinal Cord Injry Handbook, April 30, 2000
This review is from: The Spinal Cord Injury Handbook: For Patients and Families (Perfect Paperback)
It also gave insight as to what the family has to deal with as well as the patient.It also covered everything from what a spinal cord injury was to diagnosis and treatment;skin care; rehab;bladder and bowel management and caregiver relief. This is the A-Z book when in comes to spinal injuries.
I found in very informative as my husband recently suffered a spinal cord injury at work and we were told that he would never walk again. However, we have been blessed and he is walking 100 ft w/a walker at a time and is slowly regaining movement in his lower extremeties and we hope that he will be back to his old self soon.
I am ordering this book for a friend who now has to deal with this same injury. Thanks...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, April 30, 2003
Yolanda Nunez (Caguas, PR United States) - See all my reviews
This book is an excellent resource for general public and professionals who are interested in the theme of spinal cord injury (SCI). It uses clear language and also good humor. All to help you understand the important basics of SCI and also to help you survive to SCI. I am using it for my doctoral dissertation as an excellent reference. Congratulations to the authors! I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spinal Cord Injury Handbook, July 19, 2008
This book is a must have for those with spinal cord injuries, especially those with cauda equina syndrome (CES)as most do not receive a rehab team to help them will all that they need to live their lives to the fullest with thier paralysis. As a paraplegic to the degree of CES this book is hard to put down and it has so much good information. It is a bit depressing knowing that I have been deprived of the help of a rehab team to help me live my life to the fullest. It as been almost 4 yrs that I have had to figure things out on my own with the help of my husband and it great to get a hold of this excellant book. Now if I could just get workers' comp to approve going to the Shepherd Center day program maybe I can finally get that rehab team I need, but in the mean time I have this great book.

1.0 out of 5 stars old, June 20, 2014
this book was published in 1988-- the information is way out of
date at rate medical science progresses these days,.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2010 or 1998?, February 26, 2014
I haven't read this book yet. When I received it, I saw that the copyright is 1998. Yet the publishing information on Amazon says Jan 1, 2010 first edition. I have no idea how much of this information is current.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spinal cord injury handbook, September 1, 2013
Debbie (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
Have looked throught it some and it has alot of resources and good information. Hate these reviews because they don't give you enough time to read the book (3 that I ordered) and review it.

The Spinal Cord Injury Handbook: For Patients and Families
The Spinal Cord Injury Handbook: For Patients and Families by Richard C. Senelick MD (Perfect Paperback - January 1, 2010)
$19.95 $17.65