Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on September 17, 2011
Great read, especially for the business owner (and hotel/motel owner/employee)

They have stuck to their guidelines and made it through tough times. A wonderful family (the Marriotts) and grateful employees.

Photos are very nice.

An easy read, great reference book!
on February 21, 2000
I bought "The sprit to serve" 2 weeks ago for prepare the interview J.W. Marriott Hotel in Seoul on 20th of February. It really helped me to know J.W. Marriott hotel itself, the CEO's hotel management mind, Marriott hotel's begin, success, risk and stable success. I was impressed by the sentence "Take care of associates and they can take care of customers" I read this book 3 times and I will read more for the second interview and just for study hotel management. I'd like to study more about hotel management. I read this book in Korean so I am searching Marriott's way in english and I found the review of this book in amazon. It will help me very much. I really want to be Marriott's family after read this book. In first interview I did my best but still have some regret not to say about this book and my spirit.Good Luck to me. Thank you.
on May 9, 2016
This is a book that every entrenpurenure should read. I also think that each person in elected office should be required to read this book so that they hopefully would get the message. They seek office to serve the people but end up severing themselves.
on April 16, 2011
An excited Thumbs Up for The Spirit To Serve.
It is an easy read that shares valuable concepts with
provocative illustrations and timeless wisdom. This book is a must-read for the aspiring entrepreneur who wants to make customer satisfaction their first priority. I can't say enough...
on August 27, 2013
There is so much information about the Marriott family & Marriott way of doing business. I was so inspired and will use this throughout my career.
on July 9, 2014
I ordered the hard copy. It arrived quicky, and to my delight because it was a gift, it was a signed edition.
Thank you.
on March 13, 2014
Purchased as a gift and sent to London. It's a book, after all, so no quality review is needed, right?
on April 16, 2009
Other than some highlighter marks, the book was in excellent used condition. Delivery was timely.
on May 4, 2015
Inspiration. Very good read if interested in service and hospitality.
on July 7, 2015
A great story to read about and about good people.