5.0 out of 5 stars Ann Wigmore Rocks
Published on February 7, 2007 by LaughingCat

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought
Published on March 24, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Ann Wigmore Rocks, February 7, 2007
This review is from: The Sprouting Book: How to Grow and Use Sprouts to Maximize Your Health and Vitality (Paperback)
Seriously, she was really a pioneer...and did many great things for others, unselfishly, to promote global healthcare. As to the book, another great Wigmore book with easy, clear and precise ideas one can readily put into motion...and soon be eating delicious sprouts all year long, using her funky recipes. If you're a city-dweller, she also explains how-to for apartment living. Great book to offer to any beginning living-foods vegetarian you may know. Good investment. Reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sprouting for any level of gardening, May 14, 2004
By A Customer
Terrific! A wonderful book on sprouting for many a skill level. Getting started couldn't be easier, as she provides several methods, along with helpful charts and recipes. Sprouting is a simple way to lead a nutritious lifestyle, and this book details the process quite well. (p.s. - the section on composting is an added bonus!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sprouting Book, February 27, 2009
Great book - lots of info on all types of sprouts - why to grow sprouts, how to and what to do with them - love the recipes. While i have done some sprouting - this book has certainly expanded my horizons. I've been experimenting with many different kinds of sprouts.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, March 24, 2011
Amazon Customer (Appalachian Mountains) - See all my reviews
This book is ok because it has a few tasty sounding recipes, but I thought it would be more in depth on specific sprouts and sprouting techniques. I read the entire book in a couple of hours and I am not a fast reader. I wish I would have just checked it out at the library. The book is mostly about the authors dietary beliefs in which I do not follow. Pretty much a useless book for me. Maybe if you are a raw foodist and are looking to eat sprouts for most or all of your calories this would be a good book for you. I wanted more info than this book provided.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for any health-concious person, May 13, 2010
Alexandra Hess (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
Simple, practical, useful - must have for any health-concious person out there. I started growing 3 types of sprouts right away using the jar method without having to purchase any new equipment (just rinsed out a couple of berry jam jars) and now I successfully produce a couple of cups of lentil, fenugreek and sesame sprouts a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aha! This has what I was looking for.., June 8, 2010
I had purchased another Sprouting book by the Guru himself and was greatly disappointed (for my taste - is still a good book) so went ahead and splurged and bought another one by My Lady, Ann Wigmore.
I wish I had bought this book first.

Anyway, it's written clearly, consisely, has very interesting historical facts, and will get one excited about sprouting!

It was what I was looking for and I can't wait to get started!

2.0 out of 5 stars A hesitant 2 stars, July 7, 2011
I would say, don't waste your money on this!
I bought this book based on reviews of how "great" it is for beginners. Well, I have enough of the PC essays, commentary and predictable "takes" on nutrition. I wanted straight-forward step-by-step info on sprouting to use on the new sprouting jar I just bought, not 4 chapters of dialogue (ad nauseaum) of philosophies, beliefs, mythology and esoterica on the nutrition, multitude and PC use of sprouts; "Sprouts and your sex life," "sprouts since the beginning of time," etc. So I had to get to chapter 5 to even begin, and I am still not ready to begin. Why is it that everyone writing beginner's books has to preface and infuse them with their own philosophy, and assume that it is God-given that they puff every comment or lesson with it. This is hardly what I would call a book for beginners - - - maybe if one is a nutritionist it might be of interest, but I was falling asleep at two sentences in. I wanted to learn how to sprout, not more verbal effluvium on things I already know, agree or disagree with, don't understand or have no interest in yet.
Just give me the basics FIRST, please.
I looked long and hard before choosing a book and I am HIGHLY disappointed so far.
If you are a beginner, I suggest you keep on looking past this supposed book "for Beginners." OR, google "Sprouting" and go to the online sprouting "school" pages.

I REALLY DO NOT CARE about the history, advantage, etc. until I have tried it myself, and I cannot do that until I AM TOLD HOW TO venture into this. With this book all I wanted to do was quit before I even started. Show me what to use, where to find it, what shape, advantage and disadvantage of each piece of recommended equipment, how big, how small, how to use and manage it, reasonable cautions, concerns and problems and how to deal with or prevent them, etc. step-at-a-time please. PLEASE!

Don't bore me off before I begin and PLEASE (Please) save the philosophical and supposedly "historical" speculations and mythological chatter for the end of the book, in case readers want to explore further once they have mastered the basics.

To wit: I FIRMLY believe that those writing "beginner's" books should have an unindoctrinated REAL beginner read and review them, and not their colleagues, those in the know, or converts. They would be surprised to learn how useless most of their supposed "intro" tomes are to a real beginner.

If, after reading this, you still decide to buy this book, I suggest you go right to chapter 5 when it arrives and once you have produced your crop and mastered the techniques you bought this to learn, AND have gotten comfortable with your new-found knowledge, THEN go back to the beginning and read about your project/product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sprouting book, October 12, 2009
A very informative book. A little history plus some great recipes. A great guide for the beginner sprouter.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TEXT!!!, June 21, 2009
I am relatively new to this, and this book contains a wealth of information about the process as well as the health benefits and nutrition involved. Definitely recommend to anyone looking to start sprouting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, July 17, 2008
Anthony Hogue (Port Charlotte Florida) - See all my reviews
I liked this book very much it was not loaded with page after page with pictures to fill up the space.

It was very instructive and well worth the money.

$16.00 $11.76