5.0 out of 5 stars New Math Made Simple
As with all of the Standard Deviants educational series, the presentation is zany, and what you need to know is simply explained. It holds your interest so you don't get bored with the dry subject matter.
Published on June 20, 2001 by Barbara

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT ENOUGH INSTRUCTIONS
TO MUCH SILLY ACTORS AND NOT ENOUGH INSTRUCTIONS, NOT FOR BEGINNERS, THIS VIDEO IS FOR THOSE THAT ALREADY KNOW ALGEBRA WELL, AND IT DID NOT PROVIDE SIMPLE EXPLANATION, ONLY SILLY ACTORS MAKING TOO MUCH JOKES. THE SAME FOR THEIR ALGEBRA 2 SILLY AND USELESS
Published 7 months ago by Jacky

5.0 out of 5 stars New Math Made Simple, June 20, 2001
Barbara (Kula, HI USA) - See all my reviews
To compare DVD format to regular video, the DVD has much more versatility because of its interactive testing capabilities. The viewer has an option to test and review the subject matter by using the remote keypad. These little tests are helpful for making sure you understand the points covered.
The Pre-Algebra DVD covers math terminology, explaining each term so that it's easy-to-understand. Then they show you how it works. It takes the mystery out of math terms that intimidate all of us who didn't learn the "new math" during our school years. By viewing this DVD, I experienced a personal breakthrough in my struggle to learn the "new math". It was a tremendous help to me. I highly recommend it to others who struggle with this subject, especially parents and grandparents who found themselves unable to understand their kid's math homework. This subject brings it together for us so we can understand what our kids are learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun learning tool, April 23, 2013
I wish I had The Standard Deviants around when I was in high school. They are fun and entertaining and packed with great tips to help your studant achieve higher scores in math. I homeschool my children and I have used the Standard Deviants for years as a supplement to their curriculem. In my opinion my children learned more from these dvd's than from other sources. My children did well in college and on their SAT tests. They said that the format presented in the Standard Deviants helped them remember the order of operations. I have recently purchased a new set for my fifteen year old along with SAT prep dvd's. She enjoys them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, July 25, 2012
We used these for when we cannot get a concept across to our kids. They are easy to watch light on the mind and fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT ENOUGH INSTRUCTIONS, May 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good learning DVD, July 8, 2007
This DVD is very helpful in reviewing pre-algebra. It is light and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am satisfied with the product, December 24, 2014
very helpful. I am satisfied with the product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, October 6, 2014
Ok

The Standard Deviants: Pre-Algebra, Part 1 [VHS]
The Standard Deviants: Pre-Algebra, Part 1 [VHS] by Standard Deviants (VHS Tape - 1998)
$19.99 $2.70