From the Back Cover
Proven Techniques for Building a Strong Investment Portfolio--Whether You are 25 or 55
If you're like most people, you could do better when it comes to investing your money. The Standard & Poor's Guide for the New Investor shows you how to lay a solid investment foundation designed to become a lucrative, lifetime financial plan, all while keeping enough money set aside to enjoy yourself along the way.
Combining solid research with insightful, real-world analysis, this no-nonsense book discusses:
- How stocks, bonds, and mutual funds work--plus how to make them work for you
- Techniques for getting the most long-term benefit from 401(k)s, IRAs, and other retirement accounts
- All-weather strategies for building wealth in bull markets--and protecting that wealth in bear markets
It's never too late to begin managing your money more effectively. Wherever you are in your life and career, let The Standard & Poor's Guide for the New Investor show you how to get your arms around your finances today--to start building a financially strong tomorrow.
Standard & Poor's Press brings the impressive knowledge and resources of Standard & Poor's to some of today's most challenging financial issues. Other results-focused books in the series include:
- The Standard & Poor's Guide to Saving and Investing for College
- How Charts Can Help You in the Stock Market
- The Standard & Poor's Guide to Long-Term Investing
About the Author
Nilus Mattive is an editor for the Standard & Poor's newsletter The Outlook and is responsible for the Web-based Outlook Online. Mattive has written for a number of financial websites, including a long-running Web-based column for Individual Investor.