5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Periodic Read
Published on September 26, 2012 by Steeler Maniac

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
Book itself is fine but took a while to get here and was late for my hubbys bday. He said the first parts are boring and that's as far as he's gotten in the book
Published 9 months ago by Debbie Buff

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Periodic Read, September 26, 2012
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
I recently purchased the Steelers Encyclopedia and can only say great things about it. I opened up the book for a quick 5 minute read and found myself a half hour later still reading it, skipping over different players histories, learning about different things that I did not know. The book is divided into different sections, each providing a unique prospective into individual players, events, and milestones over the history of the Steelers. The bulk of the book is dedicated to the players themselves - past and present. Quotations and comical stories are woven into each player's biography. This book is a great read for anyone who loves Steelers trivia, players, or the game of football. Steelers fans are some of the most hard core out there, but will be suprised to read some of these unknown stories and quotes of their beloved team.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Interesting and Entertaining book for any Steelers fan!, November 1, 2012
Pit748 (Pittsburgh, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
I purchased "The Steelers Encyclopedia" because I love reading about Steelers history and also because I used to follow Chuck Finder when he used to write for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. I have always enjoyed Chuck's writing style and he used to always make me laugh when he would describe things in an certain type of way that only Chuck could do. I was not disappointed after reading many of the sections in the book. I really like that I can pick this book up and read a quick section and then lay it back down for a while until I can get to another section without feeling like I was going to forget what I had just read. It is laid out in a very unique way that I really found enjoyable. My favorite section so far was the Chuck Noll section. It was about 7 pages long with a lot of tidbits that I was not aware of regarding The Emperor Chaz. I actually "learned" many things to my surprise. What I like best about this book is the way the author has many quotes from old players, coaches, etc about each subject. So not only do you learn some history and facts about each subject but you also learn an insight from what others thought about each subject because of the in-depth interviews the author obviously performed. I plan to buy a couple more to give to some family members for a unique Christmas present this year. If you are a Steelers fan or know of someone who is, I would recommend this book. You (or they) will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steeler nation material, November 18, 2012
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
A fun book but not one that is loaded with tales and lore. Maybe there aren't the sources available to lend creedence to the tales but as I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 60s, there were many stories on the street involving the characters that played for the Steelers before they became a football force.
Still a good purchase for any Steelr fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, January 2, 2013
Lisa Criss (SOUTH PARK, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Everything you want to know about the Steelers. I would recommend for any Steelers fan. Nico's Pap Pap loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift for our son, December 30, 2012
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Just what our 40 -year-old son asked for! A true Steelers fan, born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA! Steelers will come back in 2013!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the greatest book ever written!, October 19, 2012
E. Daw (Washington USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
As an avid Steelers fan, this book is a must have! Loaded with facts, anecdotes and great photography, Steelers fans will surely cherish this book. Includes the pre-merger years when the team was one of the bottom dwellers of the NFL to the Glory Years of the 1970s to the present day. GREAT book! It will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars ggggreat, April 29, 2014
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Very good book a lot of interesting facts and knowledge , this a must for a true STEELER fan, would be a great gift.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, March 18, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Description Of The Steelers, May 19, 2013
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
Not what I expected. This book does provide some interesting information about past and present Steeler players (2013). I was hoping more historical detail. You gain a little insight on those involved with the Steelers.

A Steelers fan would enjoy this as well as someone looking at the history of the NFL and needing Pittsburgh Steeler information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, January 30, 2013
This review is from: The Steelers Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
My son loved this book but he is a die hard Steelers fan. I have not read it so I don't know what all is in it or if it was worth buying.

The Steelers Encyclopedia
The Steelers Encyclopedia by Chuck Finder (Hardcover - September 7, 2012)
$35.00 $26.21