4.0 out of 5 stars Great anthology!
Published on October 14, 2007 by B. Gebben

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly misleading...
Published on June 24, 2010 by Jeremy

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly misleading..., June 24, 2010
Jeremy (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
This book is a wonderful resource, but not necessarily for accurately portraying the music. The piano part listed is an embellished chord melody, which works great if you want to play the song without vocals, but which isn't what Stevie is playing on keys. I haven't gone through everything (obviously! There's 75 tunes!), but I know "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" is in the key of C where Stevie plays it in B and that the intro is not quite right on. I can only imagine it is the same for other tunes. That said, as far as I can tell, they have the right chord changes and that's something that has always thrown me off when trying to transcribe Stevie's work from records. Simply having all the chord changes is invaluable to me and a great learning tool. I've seen a book advertised that is 12 note-for-note transcriptions that will probably satisfy those who want to learn what he's playing, but if you aren't too concerned with playing HIS voicings in the exact same key, this book can be a lot of fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Alright, August 19, 2008
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
This book is great if you want to play the piano and the singing melody on the piano at the same time. What I didnt like about the book was exactly that. I wanted to play the songs on piano like on the cd. Not with the singing on the piano. It makes it harder to play it than if you were just playing the chords like stevie wonder does.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great anthology!, October 14, 2007
B. Gebben "Bert Gebben" (Arnhem, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
I have been looking for a comprehesive overview of Sevie's music for piano for quite some time. This book gives a nice coverage of his songs during his career up till 1998. All songs are in the original settings, so certainly not for beginners. The only pity is the fact that the songs are in alphabetical order. I would have preferrred to have them ordered in chronological order per album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, but not quite., July 10, 2011
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
For the most part I very much liked this song book. It's a very comprehensive collection of Stevie Wonder songs, which are for the most part accurate. One of the only problems are the absence of one song: "Love's in Need of Love Today". I know that it's a minor problem, but that song is one of the main reasons I bought the book in the first place, and I guess I just didn't notice that among the dizzying list of songs, it wasn't there.

Again, it's a minor problem, but the other problem was a bit more serious: Quite a few of the songs are not in the keys in which they were preformed. Part of the magic of his songs was the unique sound that he used, and while some of the changes are noted in the book, quite a few were not. I wound up having to figure them out on my own, which I could have done without the book. Now, for a more experienced player, this would not be a problem, and overall I am very satisfied with this product. But I do feel that these problems should be noted.

Now, would I have bought this book anyway? Absolutely, and if I somehow lost it I'd buy it again. I'd say, however that if you are very proficient at figuring out piano songs by ear, then you might want to rethink buying this, as playing by ear may produce more of the sound you're looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful gift!, April 16, 2012
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
I bought this for my dad for his birthday in March and he loves it. It arrived right on time and he hasnt stopped playing these songs on his keyboard since its arrival. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, Stevie, January 5, 2012
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
I've always admired Stevie Wonder's work and until now I have the chance to play some of his beautiful songs, of course, from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars For true Stevie Wonder Fans!, August 18, 2013
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
If you're a Stevie Wonder fan who grew up with his music, you'll enjoy playing the songs. Some range from simple to challenging. Overall it is a great songbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars stevie, June 15, 2013
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
what can i say? its stevie wonder/ an angel we are lucky to have on earth as esteemed as gaundi and M.L.K. all i have to do is play these, at any level they speak for themselves- but you better be a pretty good musicians for some of these/ it may take me a lifetime

5.0 out of 5 stars turned my day, October 24, 2012
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
Day was going fairly flat, until i got this..
fresh out of the box, so excited! There are lots of tunes written clearly, but..
WHERE'S VISIONS?????????????????????????
One of Stevie's most important tunes..!!?

3.0 out of 5 stars You Better Be Good at Improvising!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: The Stevie Wonder Anthology (Paperback)
This collection includes a good sampling of Stevie Wonder's music for the general enthusiast. It includes all my favorite songs, but as other reviewers have commented, those who have memorized every song he ever recorded may be disappointed. I found the sheet music to be a bit cumbersome. Actually, I found it utterly impossible to get the feel of the music the way it is written. You do have to be a pretty advanced reader to be able to read the sheet music, but even still, it doesn't sound good the way it's written. If you want to sound like Stevie does on the recordings, you better be a darn good improviser! As one reviewer pointed out, the collection is invaluable for at least getting accurate chord changes, especially if you've been trying to figure it out playing by ear.

ARRAY(0x9d4bcaa4)

The Stevie Wonder Anthology
The Stevie Wonder Anthology by Stevie Wonder (Paperback - December 1, 2002)
$29.99 $20.93