Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM

on March 29, 2000
Meg Cadoux Hirshberg has put together a creative, varied, and inspiring collection of recipes, each including yogurt. She begins by telling readers why yogurt is considered to be a "miracle food", and after convincing us of the importance of yogurt in our diets, she then proceeds with the recipes, which are divided into chapters according to their category. Naturally, breakfast comes first, and these recipes were my favorites. They are easy to prepare, do not require too many ingredients or fancy equipment, and although they are not always low in fat, they do not call for refined sugar and, for the most part, have a high fiber content. There are many different variations on waffles, pancakes, and porridge. A chapter on bread boasts several different types of grains, the smoothie section is replete with new and fun ideas for bolstering your daily fruit intake, and the salads, dressings, dips, sauces, and meat dishes are all innovative and consistently delicious. Each recipe serves about three to six people and is followed by a nutritional analysis. I hope that you will enjoy this fabulous cookbook and its delectable recipes as much as I did!
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2007
One reviewer said the author neglected good foreign cuisine, but I didn't feel that way at all. Check the "inside the book" link to see a listing of the recipes to know if it's varied enough for you. I'm glad they have recipes from American as well as foreign recipes.

The recipes are gathered from chefs all around the country. I love that there are recipes for regular plain yogurt and some specifically for thicker, yogurt cheese. (Buy the yogurt cheese maker here, it's wonderful!)

Nice clean look. Thick book. I borrowed it from my library and then came here to buy a copy for myself.
on March 27, 2011
I have already reviewed this book one time, but I will do it again. The book is well written, I like it alot. I do not use this type of yogurt, it must be the best, it is the most expensive in the market. I use my Euro Cuisine yogurt maker with yogurt starter or one cup from the previous batch. This book has excellent recipes, I would recommend this book to anyone working with yogurt in your recipes.
Sincerely,
David Kahle "Super Chef"
on June 18, 2013
I have been using the Stonyfield Farm cookbook for several years. It is by far my favorite cookbook of all that I own. I have tried many recipes in this book and have loved everyone of them. My family particularly enjoys the muffins and pancake recipes. The blueberry yogurt pie is heavenly, and you can substitute other berries as well. Tonight I tried "Rabbit with Yogurt" (though I used venison instead). I've never really enjoyed venison even though I eat it. Tonight I truly enjoyed it. I find the short blurb about each recipe helpful; they give you an idea of what the dish will taste like and often include suggestions for what to serve it with. Each recipe also has a nutritional break down with calories, fat, protein, etc. If I could only have one cookbook it would be this one.
on November 3, 2007
I confess to buying this cookbook in a fit of over-organic enthusiasm in the midst of a love affair with Stonyfield Farm Organic Vanilla Yoghurt. I also confess to not having, in the seven years I have owned it, made a huge percentage of the recipes therein. However, I couldn't do without this cookbook - the recipes we do use have become staples in our lives. There are excellent muffin recipes we use every weekend, wonderful chicken dishes, including a chicken salad recipe I think about on long lonely nights.

What? don't you?

You have to make a special effort to locate this cookbook these days but I definitely recommend it to those people who love yoghurt, creative baking, and, of course, muffins. Their lemon yoghurt muffins are a hit at all of my daughter's school activities, and a hit for any and all of our brunches.
on May 29, 2000
I have been cooking with yogurt for many years and consider this amazingly versatile ingredient a must in my kitchen. Since I am a longtime fan of Stonyfield Farm yogurt, I was really looking forward to using this book, which I received as a gift. After trying many of the recipes, however, I regret to say that "The Stonyfield Farm Yogurt Cookbook" really doesn't do justice either to Stonyfield Farm yogurt or to yogurt cookery in general. Although there are some good recipes, the majority are lacking in imagination, and the collection itself fails to take advantage of the extensive repertoire of wonderful yogurt dishes from around the world.
on January 17, 2013
I never had a yogurt cookbook but often use yogurt for substitution in my baking/cooking so it's a delightful addition. Am looking forward to trying more and more recipes!
on July 6, 2012
Stoneyfield Farm Yogurt Cookbook is a handy cookbook filled with a week's recipes along with illistrations that are fun and easy to pull together and the illustrations are appropriate.