Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 11, 2014
Sheila's book, The Storm Inside, gives women insight into what really goes on inside each of us. As women in 2014 there are lots of storm pressures that brew around and within us each day. Many days can feel so out of control. Our sometimes overactive lives & responsibilities cause our minds to play havoc with our emotions and bring us crashing down. We fret, we worry, we play the blame game, we sometimes live in the past. But when the storms come we do not have to be afraid and depressed. We can rise above the storm and overcome the chaos. Sheila's book offers examples of how to get through one's storms and come out stronger on the other side. The 10 chapters within give examples of how failures, struggles & fears can strengthen us. How we can overcome these by redefining ourselves, by using "HOPE & positive words" to replace negative thinking and how to help each other through life's difficulties. This book also offers an end section of helpful tools to overcome the storms, like Bible verses, journaling and prayers. We can fight the chaos by standing on God's word and promises. Sheila's quote, "Fair doesn't live here anymore but Jesus does," is life affirming that through our ups & downs, Jesus is still walking on storm waters with us!!
0Comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 11, 2014
Women feel the storm activity all around. We find ourselves teetering somewhere between everyday chaos and crisis.

We can feel a storm brewing, we are in the middle of a storm, or we are facing the aftermath of a storm. But don't be afraid because it is possible to grow through turbulent times.

Storms show you what's really going on inside, reveal what you really believe, and actually make you stronger. In this powerful book Sheila will help you: Redefine your failures as a new beginning instead of an end. Replace the words "always" and "never" in your life with positive declarations of hope. Know with confidence how to help a friend in chaos or crisis.

Wow. This book is everything I wanted it to be and so much more. Sheila Walsh has been my favorite singer since I was a little girl, so reading this book was a real treat.

In The Storm Inside:

from regret to rest
from insecurity to confidence
from insignificance to courage
from despair to faith

In each chapter, Sheila shares what stories in the Bible are relevant, who's story can help us in today's world? I love this! I also love how much Sheila shares with us about her life. I could hear her reading it with her accent the whole time! Then at the end of each chapter, she calls it Standing Through Your Storm and she gives you some clear and helpful ways to go from one to the other, biblically.

Sheila says, "Fair doesn't live here anymore but Jesus does." --

Read this book, you won't regret it ONE bit!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion from the publisher.
on February 15, 2014
As always Sheila Walsh delivers a powerful message! Directed specifically toward women, this book could be helpful for anyone, man or woman. So often in the church I have felt that the message is that we are not supposed to have feelings of disappointment, heartbreak, fear, or shame - that if we truly trust in Christ we wouldn't feel these negative emotions. But Sheila eloquently and gently tells us that it is OK to have these feelings! And there will surely be times in each of our lives when we WILL have these feelings. But the real freedom comes when we don't let those emotions control the direction of our life. She teaches us that even during the roller coaster ride of life - when our emotions can change in an instant - ONE THING remains constant - The Truth of who God is, and who we are in Him! This is the lighthouse of hope that will lead us home, no matter how fiercely the storm around us is raging.
on March 5, 2014
Recently I was given the opportunity to review The Storm Inside by Sheila Walsh. Sometimes with these kind of books I lose interest quickly but not this one. With each "storm" that Sheila covers, I saw a piece of me. There was something in everyone that I could relate to personally.
He writing style is down to earth and Biblically sound! She uses scripture throughout to encourage and to let you know you are not alone.

In this book Sheila goes through 10 most common "storms" that ladies face today. They are the following:
1.Heartbreak
7.Insecurity
8.Insignificance
9.Despair
10.Rage

Then she tells you how you can turn these into hope, freedom, rest, joy, etc. with God's truth. A powerful message on how God can use all these things and make us stronger if we "trade the chaos of how we feel with the Truth of who you are." A book full of God's Hope! One of my favorite quotes from the book, "Fair doesn't live here anymore, but Jesus does." An amazing book I highly recommend!

I was given this book for free by the publisher through booklookbloggers.com I was not required to give a positive review and all opinions are my own.
on May 31, 2014
The Storm Inside by Sheila Walsh is a book for women who are facing difficulties that this life brings or who have gone through storms that so many women face. Sheila has traveled worldwide and has spoken to millions of women over the past 30 years. Throughout her experiences, she has seen the same few issues facing women come to the surface. Throughout this book, she digs into these ten feelings: heartbreak, disappointment, unforgiveness, shame, regret, fear, insecurity, insignificance, despair, and rage.

I enjoyed the ways in which Walsh explored each of these words as she walked through each chapter. So many times, we take for granted the meanings of the words we use, but she pulled back and gave pause to dig a little deeper. She also shared meaningful stories as well as practical applications, which are intended for the individual but could certainly be useful for small group settings as well.

This book is well-written, but I still struggled to engage with much of it. I am at a point where I prefer to avoid “Christianese” or language that is full of “terms only Christians understand”—this book seemed to have a lot of that. For whatever reason, I find it off-putting and am trying to find new ways of communicating that don’t feel so cliché. Despite this language, I did appreciate Walsh’s effort to dig past the pat, Sunday School answers that so many people are given.

This book is not one that I would jump to recommend to all my friends and family, but it may speak very deeply to some who are in a different part of life than I am. My recommendation is to read the descriptions, check out the content that is included, and if it draws you in and you connect to the message—it may be a very meaningful book for you. Although it was not my favorite book, I’m glad I read it because there is always something to be gained or learned from the insights and experiences of others.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
22 comments11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2014
I first came across Sheila through two unforgettable interviews she gave to Focus on the Family about her father’s suicide in her childhood, and her long struggle with depression, ultimately resulting in her being hospitalized for treatment. What impressed me about these interviews was not only her raw transparency and authenticity but also her ability to understand and articulate what she had experienced and how she was overcoming it with the help of God’s Word, God’s Spirit, and God’s people.

When I saw that Sheila had written a new book, The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are, I was intrigued to discover if her speaking voice would come through as powerfully and helpfully on the printed page, and I’m delighted to say it definitely does.

The book is based upon thousands and thousands of stories, letters, and testimonies that Sheila has received from hurting women all over the world. As she surveyed these, she found that “Time after time, they fall under the banner of the following ten feelings that can become overwhelming burdens: Heartache, Disappointment, Fear, Bitterness, Unforgiveness, Anger, Regret, Abandonment, Shame, Insecurity.

Each chapter in the book addresses one of these persistent and devastating issues. As well as describing and illustrating these paralyzing feelings using many touching personal anecdotes and other women’s letters, Sheila demonstrates the suitability and power of God’s Word and demonstrates how to skilfully minister it to hurting women.

So, is this a book just for women? I must admit by about the fifth time Sheila addressed her readers as “Girls” I was beginning to feel a bit guilty. It felt like I was furtively eavesdropping on a women’s Bible Study, or, even worse, looking through my wife’s purse.

But I decided to persevere and even managed to finish the book with a clear conscience! How? Because I believe it’s given me a greater sensitivity to the special spiritual challenges that women face. Yes, there’s overlap with male issues too, but there are definitely some areas that are much greater struggles for women and therefore a tougher challenge for men to minister to.

That’s where I found the most benefit; the book not only heightened my awareness of these spiritual battles, but also showed me how to better serve those fighting them. As such, I hope it has made me a better husband, a better father of my two daughters, and a better pastor to the Christian women I am privileged to pastor.

A good book for women. An even better book for men!
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2015
The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are by Sheila Walsh is not another victim book nor a depressing autobiography. It's a book about YOU and once you open the pages and read the message inside, you'll realize it's written on your behalf. In her book Sheila addresses these ten feelings that can become overwhelming burdens:

>> Heartache
>> Regret
>> Abandonment
>> Shame
>> Insecurity

Sheila calls them the "ten chaotic feelings that tend to paralyze us" and walks you through a solution to these frustrating burdens. By the time you finish the book you will feel lightened from your burdens.

I enjoyed reading The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are by Sheila Walsh. I especially enjoyed the ministry stories about women who reached out to Sheila for encouragement during their own times of pain and darkness. The book is filled with wisdom and based on truth of Scripture. Highly recommend reading one chapter a night before bed!

******************************************************

10 Quotes From The Storm Inside #TweetThis

Before we can embrace the good news of the love of God, we have to deal with the truth of who we are without Him. Sheila Walsh

God is in the business of reviving ordinary women like you and me, and teaching us how to live with courage and passion. Sheila Walsh

Words cut deep, and none cut deeper than those from a parent. Sheila Walsh

So long as we live on this earth, our human dreams will never live up to their preview. Sheila Walsh

Like Saul, we get to choose: will we fall on our own sword or fall on the mercy of God? Sheila Walsh

Satan cannot follow us beyond this life. Sheila Walsh

Countless lives have been ruined or put on hold because of someone's refusal to forgive. Sheila Walsh

Forgiveness is not about removing someone else's liability, but about setting our own hearts free. Sheila Walsh

No one can take away your identity as a royal daughter. Sheila Walsh

God's plan continues to unfold even when it feels out of control. Sheila Walsh
on June 22, 2014
Sheila Walsh, Christian Vocalist, featured "Women of Faith" speaker, popular Bible teacher
and best-selling author releases "The Storm Inside" February 11th. With a narrative about emotions, Satan and God's truth for women of all ages, especially for "mature, faithful, and wise servants of Christ," writes Walsh.

I was surprised to read "mature" women in Christ until I read the introduction, where Walsh writes about speaking to a large group of "ministry wives" in the spring of 2012. She arrived in the 200 seat room early to do a microphone check. Then placed 4x6 cards and pencil on each chair and said a brief prayer for the woman who would sit there.

Her message theme from Psalm 86:11"would focus on the power of telling the truth," something Walsh hadn't always found easy. Although she believed in transparency she could only share parts of her story and couldn't talk about her "fear, shame and anger" until she experienced a "crisis of faith" that set her free. That morning Walsh would discover she "had a lot of company."

The audience overflowed with women just like the featured speaker, women whose devotion to God was unquestioned, who had walked with God for many years, "yet the very same burdens weighed down their hearts" that burdened Walsh's heart.

A beautiful exchange took place that day that needs to be read in the author's own words. It was an exchange that made Walsh feel as if she stood on holy ground as "God in His grace pulled back the curtain and allowed her to glimpse a profound "truth that could set His daughters free."

That "glimpse" gave birth to this book about feelings, Satan and a "truth hope connection." She writes, "Truth is the light house on a stormy pitch-black night that steers us clear of the feelings that would wreck us." Everyone knows feelings can change moment-by-moment, however, truth, like God's Word is rock solid and never changes.

Join Walsh on a journey of hope through ten transformative chapters of biblical truth supported by scripture with illustrations from Walsh's personal journey. Where readers learn to identify and overcome the "fiery darts" of Satan and live in the freedom God intends for His daughters. If you struggle with heartache, disappointment, fear, bitterness, un-forgiveness, anger, regret, abandonment, shame or insecurity, "The Storm Inside" is a must read.
on August 30, 2015
I am a psychologist with a PhD, and also a woman who has dealt with depression most of my life, and been in the evangelical church since I was a child. I was immediately struck with the honesty of this book - which deals in the first chapter with our tendency to "throw Bible verses" at people who are suffering, rather than holding them close and loving them through their pain. She deals immediately with shame, something many of us don't know we have. Seriously - I was ashamed of some things I'd done, but I did not understand that shame is not about what I'd done, but about who I am. I learned that a while ago, but many women have not, and Sheila is out to help them learn that they are loved by God.
This is an absolutely excellent book from a transparent, honest woman who loves Jesus. Can't recommend it highly enough - especially if you think you don't need it. Especially if you think you don't need it!! Learn how to truly help with those in pain!!!
on March 14, 2014
I have to be real honest and say I am a huge fan of Mrs. Walsh.
Okay now that that is out of the way. This book is one that every women should have a copy of on her book shelf and read once a year. It was fantastic, full of scripture to back all of Mrs. Walsh's sound advice and full of wonderful stories that we all can relate to.
Pick up a copy of this fantastic book to find out who you really are in all the crisis and chaos going on in your life.
I learned a lot form this book and I am happy to say it was a 5 star two times book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.
I am keeping a copy of this book on my book shelf but I did buy a copy to giveaway to one blessed WINNER! Just share this blog post on your Facebook wall and leave a comment to be entered to win a copy.