5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for ESL students
Published on March 13, 2012 by Pat B

1.0 out of 5 stars What's this?
What I ordered was Pearl S. Buck's "Story of the Bible". What I received was "Cimarron", by Lew Baines. Not even close, friends.
Published 2 months ago by marthaneil

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for ESL students, March 13, 2012
Pearl S. Buck's Story Bible is a wonderful way to teach English to students from other countries. They practice reading while they learn about the Old Testament which is essential to a good understanding of English literature. I also use it to teach Biblical concepts. The only problem is the book is no longer in print and hard to find. I had to purchase 28 books from almost as many venders, paying postage and handling on each book. These venders were all represented by Amazon.
The book is a paraphrase version of the Bible and is excellent for junior high children.

1.0 out of 5 stars What's this?, September 29, 2014
This review is from: The Story Bible: Volume 1 (Signet) (Audio Cassette)

The Story Bible: Volume 1 (Signet)
The Story Bible: Volume 1 (Signet) by Lew Baines (Audio Cassette - March 10, 1985)
Used & New from: $7.00