Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Story of Jesus... According to Tobin
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%

on March 9, 2010
The book gives a fresh look at the Jesus story from the eyes of an angel. It is written beautifully and would be easy understandable by children of any age. It shows the love God has for us by giving us angels to lead us in our live, but still allow us to fulfil our journey and make our own decisions. Jesus's little angel, Tobias, shows us in a loving way, how dedicated Jesus was in his work to save humans from our sins.
I would definitely recommend this book.
on May 11, 2010
Review of "The Story of Jesus...According to Tobin"

At the opening of the story, Tobin is a young angel who has the tremendous privilege of coming into being at the time of birth of Jesus and to witness the extraordinary events surrounding it.
Through his young eyes, the first strange visitors to the stable seem quite out of keeping with the birth of a newborn king. Why had shepherds come, the poorest of the poor, dressed in their dirty work clothes, while he and all the angels were in purest white and gold, singing joyfully to heaven? But moved by his love of the little child, Tobin accepts the amazing task of becoming Jesus' guardian angel.
This moving version of the wonderful Christmas story is simply told yet keeps closely to the words of the gospels, making it ideal for parents to read to younger children, and for older children to read for themselves, especially those who already have some knowledge of the bible. Sandy Rucinsky was motivated to pass on this message by her own faith and experiences as a child at school, and this shines through the words of the angel, Tobin.
To convey the agonising story of Easter to a child is a very hard task indeed, but Sandy's words, some of which are directly from the bible, manage this admirably and really involve the young reader in the terrible sorrow felt by Tobin, now a fully grown angel, and then his overwhelming joy at the resurrection, and his own part in the story.
The illustrations by Sandy's brother Jack are quite beautiful and complement the words of the story with great effect. It is refreshing to see illustrations to a bible story intended for children that are not stylised, but drawn with intensity, love and skill in a style that conveys realism and beauty. Jack's use of colour to suggest happiness and sadness adds to the enjoyment of these lovely pictures.
This is a book to be treasured by the child who receives it.

Jacky Atkins
Author of The Mysterious Beach Hut
The Mysterious Beach HutThe Mysterious Beach Hut
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 23, 2010
The Story of Jesus is a retelling of the familiar story of Jesus' life. Told from the point of view of Jesus' guardian angel, Sandra Rucinski finds a new way to tell the ancient story Christians are so familiar with. It brings the story into modern times by assigning Jesus a guardian angel, something I wouldn't have thought he needed until I read this story. It makes Jesus seems more accessible, which I imagine the author meant to do for children. We forget as adults how children think. The Bible lays out the story and we see Jesus as invulnerable as the son of God. Children on the other hand, know what it feels like to be vulnerable and can relate to Jesus needing the help of a guardian angel to help him through the rough spots. I love when books help me to see things I might never had realized otherwise. I wish this book had been around when my children were young. I would have loved to read it to them.
We need more authors like Rucinski to bring our heroes nearer to us, make them more human. As an adult, I forget that Jesus was very human and very young once. That he had mother and father who loved him, not as the son of God, but as their son. We forget that as parents, they were proud when their son was smarter than his teachers, and hurt when he was brutally slain. Tobin, the guardian angel reminds of that even the son of God needs someone to watch over him. Lovely book by a talented and deep-thinking author.
Robin Landry
on July 26, 2010
This looks a really great new book, with a wonderful concept behind it. It's just the sort of thing i love reading, and if i had children, i would read it to them too
Of course Jesus was loved by a guardian angel.I believe i have a guardian angel, in fact i think everyone has one
I'll admit i haven't seen the book yet in it's full format, but i've ordered it, and i think we have a great new author on our hands.I very much look forward to my copy arriving
on January 10, 2011
Hey Kids, you'll love this one.

"The Story of Jesus...According to Tobin" will be one of your favorite religious books. First, you'll like the illustrations. Most drawings in religious books are usually simple almost in color book form. But these drawings have the style of art museum masterpieces. People actually look like people, and angels look regal. You'll particularly enjoy seeing the angel Tobin grow as Jesus grows from infancy to manhood.

Second, you'll like Tobin and how he tells and connects the Christmas and Easter stories. Tobin is the angel who was with Jesus on earth at the time of his birth and boyhood and at the time of his death and resurrection. Tobin tells of his love for and happiness with Jesus. And although it hurts Tobin deeply to watch Jesus die, three days later, Tobin rejoices to see Jesus live again. (Remember: a resurrection can't happen if there's no death.)

So kids, this is a religion book you'll enjoy reading. It's the traditional Christmas and Easter stories which we all love. But this story is special with angel Tobin's help. He tells the story of Jesus and explains why Jesus, a heavenly creature, should visit the people on earth. And he explains it in such a way as though he was a child himself. Be sure to tell your parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts, you want "The Story of Jesus...According to Tobin."