Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NIrV, The Story for Kids, Paperback: Discover the Bible from Beginning to End
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 5, 2012
Bought this for my 10yr old who enjoys Bible stories but we needed more stories and more details. This book fit our needs. It is well written with just enough details to not be overwhelming for a child to read and understand. It would have been nice to have more illustrations to add interest but it's still a wonderful book. Buy it.
on April 17, 2013
This is a good product for elementary age with good reading skills. For these children, you might as well get the Teen version, make them feel like big shots, it's exactly the same except larger print with more note-taking space in the margins.

For little children, I recommend instead the Deluxe version, which is wonderfully illustrated. One of my sons is a very visual learner (autism spectrum), and even though he is a teenager, he's "getting" the story chapters much better with the illustrated version.

More expensive, but totally worth it, especially for family read-aloud time:
on April 27, 2015
I am 23 years old and I wanted to learn more about God. I've never had any prior knowledge of the stories of the bible (aside from most popular stories - Adam & Eve, Noah, Exodus, and the crucifixion of Jesus Christ) and no formal religious instruction. I know it sounds silly but I knew that if I was introduced to the words of the bible as a child would have been then I would understand it better. Although this book is marketed towards teaching children, anyone looking to learn about God and the words of the bible can benefit from this book. It is a great first step. It doesn't have confusing language, everything is explained very simply, yet throughly and gets the message across. I truly recommend this book to anyone, at any age, who is looking to start their journey to find God or to understand the religion better. Reading this book was like reading any other novel and is broken down into 31 chapters. I also liked that at the end of the book, each chapter comes with a list of the bible excerpts so you can go and learn from those as well. Overall, I loved this book, I can see how it would be perfect for children, but anyone at any age can use it to learn for the first time or just to quickly refresh themselves with stories of the Bible in a quick, fresh and simple way :)
on July 27, 2012
It has enough details for their age, not watered down and I just love the questions at the end. It is a great way to engage them and see if they understand what they/we have read together.
on August 14, 2011
Our son really enjoys reading this and there are a lot of interactive questions. This has been a great way for him to get a good overview of the Bible.
on November 16, 2014
Using this to read my boys (6 and 9) the bible daily for homeschool. It is working well. Very glad I got it. Nice length chapters. My boys don't loose interest.

I don't really use the questions. They are more thinking ones. Not so much answer about the story. They would work better in a Sunday school setting. But that's all good.
on October 6, 2014
If you are familiar with " THE Story" books; this follows the same story line. Well written, soooo much material in each chapter that it should be used more than one week. Perfect for 6-9 age group. I finally decided to just read the chapters to the kids and then we fill out worksheets. They seen to enjoy being read to! The story just flows very well.
on November 20, 2012
We are reading "The Story" (adult version) in our church and the church passed out individual books for each grade/age level of the children to read along with the rest of the congregation. This version is for the kids ages 7-10, My first grader got a different one and even my toddler got one for "little ones" It begins at Genesis and goes through the entire Bible. I highly recommend this for any parent wanting a comprehensive Bible compilation in one book.
on August 13, 2015
I purchased this for my seven year old granddaughter. After thumbing through it, I found it was beyond her level of understanding. I have put it away until her understanding of vocabulary grows. It is well illustrated, and will be a great educational tool when the time comes.
on October 9, 2015
Down to earth telling of the Bible. Best part is it has 2 kids' levels (little kids: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310719275/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_150) that are age appropriate that corresponds to the adult version!