Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Story of "the Star-Spangled Banner"
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 10, 2007
My daughter is a big nerd like her dad and loves learning- she is 5 so it makes it difficult to find books that are close to her level. When I saw this book- I thought "it is a board book so it might not have enough "meat" for her to learn from". I was wrong- this is an excellent book and just the right level for her and most elementary school children.
on January 4, 2007
We have purchases a series of this author's and/or publisher's boardbooks for our kids (now 6 and 4). They are a very simple, well illustrated history book that the kids enjoy reading or have read to them. This one was no exception. The information is very simply put forward in a sentence or so each page with a large illustration. Both usually get the kids asking questions at least a few times throughout the book. That allows us to add additional information and details. If your litte kids are wondering about the national anthem and you want them to understand how it was written and where, pick up this boardbook - they'll enjoy it.
on April 18, 2012
My two and a half year old girls now have this book memorized and run around singing the national anthem. What a wonderful addition to their collection. They also thoroughly enjoy "The Story of America's Birthday" from this series.
on July 30, 2012
Our children should be learning the history, the true history, of our country. This type of well presented bit of American history is great for that purpose. Thanks for careful packing and quick shipping.
on February 5, 2014
This book was fantastic for teaching K-2 about the Star Spangled Banner and why it is our National Anthem. It tells the story in simple text that doesn't get too bogged down in details. The only drawback is that it's a board book, which can make it awkward for reading aloud. It would be nice if the pictures were bigger. However, it's a great introduction to use for teachers of lower grades.
on August 20, 2014
Great to have books to put in a small library for an adult with coordination and memory problems. The book is small with thick easy to turn pages and has an adult topic. My 95 year old Mom listens and looks at books like this. She enjoys reading them slowly.
on January 13, 2013
This is a well written, short version of the birth of our National Anthem. I learned this many years ago in grammar school. My grandchildren 11,13,& 15 could not tell me the story nor did they have any recollection of having heard this before from any teacher. Parents and grandparents will enjoy having the children in the family read this - it is great to give some truth to the younger ones since so much of the basics is being ignored or forgotten by our "teachers". It is a good review for all of us...
on April 3, 2014
We can't rely on the schools to teach the truth. Parents and grandparents must pick up the slack. My 7 year old grandson is an avid reader and reads several grades above his grade level. I make sure he has quality reading material that helps him learn the greatness of our country and develop patriotism.
on February 22, 2013
Very good quality, pictures and color is great. Worth the money by far. Highly recommend this for any age. What sold me on the book was that "Francis Scott Key prayed that America would win the fight". Prayer is left out of so many books and it is important for little ones to learn the importance and effectiveness of prayer.
on January 15, 2014
This is a book with sturdy, heavy cardboard pages.
The information presented is accurate and colorfully depicted for a younger reader.
A great read to help celebrate the 200th birthday of our "Star Spangled Banner!"