Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

100%

on November 22, 2007
This book, and the two others about the same children (The Would-be-goods and the New Treasure Seekers) are excellent. I read them for the first time as a grown-up, based on the fact that I read that it was a favorite of J K Rowling. And I can see why she likes it so well. The characters are very well written, you can feel you really know them, they are real, not just paper, two-dimensional characters like so many books have, esp. books for kids.

As a parent, I found myself laughing out loud at the interactions between these clever and industrious set of siblings. I can't understand why this book isn't more well-known. But maybe it's marketing. I tried reading it to my 9 year old boy and he wasn't interested. Then I gave it to my 15-year-old boy and he was LOL. Though the stories are about kids, I think you enjoy them more as you're getting older and can laugh at the antics of kids.
on October 15, 2014