Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 11, 2012
I loved Halestorm's first album and their sophomore effort does not disappoint.

To be completely honest, there's more balls in the first 4 songs of this album than Phil Collins managed to have in an entire career. Strange Case Of... switches back and forth between rollicking rock and roll to ballad and back again. Lzzy claims to be Mz. Hyde in the second track of this album and that theme is carried throughout with the black and white colors and the sudden switches between ballad and faster-paced rock tracks. The second track weirdly skips near the end and I thought the CD was messed up at first, but I believe they put this in to add to the disorienting nature of the first 4 songs. The band certainly comes out swinging in this outing and even the ballads are very emotionally charged, as another reviewer pointed out.

All in all, Halestorm has managed to put together an in-your-face rock and roll album the likes of which is missing from radio today. It's the kind of rock and roll that throws middle fingers to critics and haters. If you don't like it, then don't listen to it. It ain't for you.
on February 11, 2013
Beside the fact that Halestorms songs are amazing, the CD was also in great condition and was everything the seller claimed it to be and more. I would definetely recommend this to any Halestorm fan!!!! I love it!!
on April 11, 2013
If it was possible to wear out a USB memory stick, I think their first album would have definitely would have done it. It has something for everyone. But the first 4 songs on the newest album definitely worth Cranking it up to 11. And to finish the album with "Here's to Us" was the icing on the cake. This album has something for everyone, between the "in your face" hard hitting lyrics and guitar and the kick back and relax softer tunes, you can't go wrong with Halestorm. Ya just can't.
on February 27, 2013
There isn't a bad song on this CD. My favorites are: Here's To Us (drinking song), Rock Show (heavy), I Miss the Misery (heavy), In Your Room (ballad), Beautiful With You (ballad). If you don't like it after listening to it twice and love it after listening to it 3 plus times you are not a hard rock/metal fan.
on June 10, 2012
This album is is their best yet and that's saying a lot because their last album "Halestorm" was fantastic. This is raw and hard and Lzzy's vocals are super impressive! A few of my most favorites from this album are, "I Miss the Misery", "Rock Show", "Beautiful With You" & "Break In". This is the kind of music we need these days and they are definitely underrated but I'm glad to see they are starting to get some recognition finally! I'm definitely a Halestorm fan for life and my love affair with them started back in 2005 when I saw them in concert with Trapt and I bought their EP off of Arejay (the drummer) & he walked me to my car & tried to kiss me...lol..but that's a story for another day.
on February 12, 2013
this album has the privlage of landing The first Grammy for a female in the catagory of Best Hard Rock/ Metal Preformance for The song Love Bited(SO Do I)Amazon fails to mention this on there grammy winners and nominees page. again amazon drops the ball. But way to go to Halestorm for breaking new ground with their nomination and WIN of a Grammy!! i just hope it wont be their last.
on January 8, 2013
I have been so excited to have this and the self title album of Halestorm. I enjoy singing myself to the music as I can almost sound like Lizy's voice. Except for the screaming (well it's not really screaming). I enjoy just trainting my voice to sound better then what I used to have it as. This is a wonderful, awesome, successful female vocalist I have heard for a long time. :D ROCK ON SISTER!!!
on February 10, 2013
The albums work shows what kind of talent this band has, all the way from the drums to the vocals the album is a rollercoaster of emotion going from kick you in the teeth to depths of the heart and back again. A great album for the collection.
on January 27, 2013
If you like Evanesance then you will love Halestorm. They are rock at it's best!!! I am a huge fan and love every single song on both of their albums!!!! That is so hard to accomplish on an album, but they have done it twice!!!!
on April 17, 2013
The Strange Case Of... supplies a mix of driving and soft tracks with compelling lyrics riding strong vocals and fresh music with strains of classic rock. The album is one of those sought after cases of songs that can get stuck in your head and not make you end up hating them. For once I agree with the critics, for my tastes Halestorm has earned it's award winning status.