Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Strange Case Of
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 22, 2015
Halestorm, The Strange Case of... album is a huge step up in song writing and production values. Finally, the songs have reached the caliber of Lzzy Hale's voice. This collection of songs is great for road trips. A nice mix of rocking tracks with crunchy guitars and piano ballads. The slower songs won't put you to sleep, tho. So glad I could sample this on Prime. I bought the CD, with autorip, so the hubby could have it, on his devices, too. Otherwise, he was stealing my phone!
on September 20, 2013
The album opens with a back-to-back set of four awesome, heavy rock songs. "Love Bites" kicks the album into high gear right from the start, and it continues through "Mz.Hyde", "I Miss the Misery" and "Freak Like Me". After that, the album gets a whole lot softer with the still enjoyable "Beautiful With You", "In Your Room" and "Break In". "Rock Show" starts picking back up the pace slow and steady, leading into another full-on heavy song, "Daughters of Darkness". "You Call me a Bitch Like it's a Bad Thing" is right up there in terms of awesomeness with the opening four. "American Boys" slows the pace down a bit again, ending off with the always enjoyable "Here's to Us", followed by the epic "Guest Version" featuring the likes of Slash, Myles Kennedy, David Draiman, Brent Smith, and more in a who's who of rock music today joining in for the final set of choruses.

While the pacing flusters a bit mid way into the album, the songs are all enjoyable. I highly recommend this album, even if only for the heavy set of four at the beginning (and "You Call Me a Bitch" later on in the album) because they are so awesome.
on November 21, 2015
I'm not going to lie, I was never into this band. I didn't like any of their previous work but after hearing "Love Bites" on TV I decided to give this album a chance and I was not disappointed.
on February 17, 2013
The best American hard rock album I've heard in a long time. If you liked old GnR, LA Guns, and some of the other great hard rock outfits, you'll love this. The lead singer is one of the best in rock - tons of attitude and the pipes to back it up. The rest of the band is great too, memorable licks and tight songs. You'll be humming or singing along in no time. Standouts are "Daughters of Darkness" and "Freak like me".

The only downside for me - though it comes with the territory and the songs are labeled "explicit" - is the amount of explicit language in some of the songs. Some of it is just too salty for my rock-lovin' kids, so they don't get this for their MP3 players...

(Update: after I bought the explicit version, I saw that Amazon also has a "clean" version. I bought that, and indeed, all the foul language is silenced or replaced except "b**ch" in one or two songs - they even edited out "damn". So I really appreciate that Halestorm and Amazon make both available - my kids loved the couple of songs they heard so far and now I'm happy to let them listen to the whole thing.)
on April 26, 2016
WOW! Excellent and incredible songs. I am so addicted to this album and Lzzy has excellent range as singer. I cannot wait to hear what they come up with next! If you like Evanescence you will love Halestorm. "Daughters of Darkness" is an incredible track as well as Mz. Hyde.
on December 6, 2013
The second full-length release from Halestorm builds on the already solid base they established with their powerful debut. Lizzy's voice of course is still at center stage, but they took some more chances with the song writing this time. Apparently years of touring allowed them to gain some confidence and refine their style which allowed them to move a little further from their comfort zone. The slow songs got deeper and the fast songs got heavier and the mid-temp rockers are dripping with attitude. The impact is immediate in the opening track, as the band rekindles the power they tapped in covering Skid Row's Slave to the Grind with a powerhouse of their own. Love Bites can go toe to toe with almost any rock song and clearly removes any notion that this is a "girl band" … With their debut they got their foot in the door, and here they kicked it in. Forcing the boundaries in one direction like that would be enough for most bands, but after pushing themselves to go harder, then they pulled back and delivered some even more personal and vulnerable ballads. If they had just focused on the ballads, they would have been skewered for selling out and playing into the girl band stereo type. And if they had only done the heavier stuff, their other fans would have had a fit and said they were trying too hard to prove something. In doing both they have expanded their range and insulated themselves from future expectations. The talent was apparent from the beginning, but now they are beginning to really tap into their potential. This album rocks and I can't wait to see what they do next.

Scott - RATHOLE.com
on February 6, 2014
I love every song on this! I just reaallllyyy hate when you buy an album and 3 weeks later the deluxe version comes out with 4 more songs for the same price :-/ ....I am not a i-anything lover, but at least iTunes lets you "complete" your album for a special price, rather than buying remaining songs a la carte, or save money but re-buy duplicates. Wish Amazon would come up with something similar!
on July 7, 2013
I bought this album after seeing Halestorm perform at the Revolver Golden God awards & being highly impressed with what I was hearing/seeing!! This is a very tight group, & musically it shows in their playing, as well as their songs. I will say that Arejay Hale is a beast on the drums, Lzzy is one of the best vocalists, & the entire band is impressive as hell! I know that once you hear "Love Bites", "I Miss the Misery", "Freak Like Me", & "Here's To Us", you will be Halestorm fans for life. I highly recommend the album to all true hard rock fans & I know that, just like me, you will be eagerly looking forward to their next offering!
on February 21, 2015
Boy those first 4 songs are ROCKERS!
Bought this album after hearing Halestorm on the Dio tribute CD (yes, CD) and seeing Lizzy dominate at CMT awards show.
Great album to drive to...makes my morning commute seem shorter.
on February 23, 2015
What can be said about Halestorm that hasn't already been said....a great rock band with a great female lead vocal, cranking out songs like I Miss The Misery and Freak Like Me. They just keep on rockin!