4.0 out of 5 stars It's What You Don't Know That Can Kill You
Published on December 25, 2007 by Sebastian Sanjurjo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best movie I've ever seen, but entertaining enough
Published on November 17, 2007 by K. Hinton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best movie I've ever seen, but entertaining enough, November 17, 2007
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
Tiffani Amber Thiessen plays Jennifer, a woman who marries a man whose past is full of secrets. Initially Jennifer is happy when Chris asks her to marry him. He wants to join the Navy and he promises to protect her. But when they move to California strange things start happening on base--a peeping Tom starts looking in women's windows and eventually women start being raped. Jennifer's husband admits that he looked in some windows but promises that nothing else happened. Since Jennifer is pregnant, she decides to give him a second chance. When they return home to New Mexico, once again women are being raped and Jennifer begins to suspect that her husband is to blame.

The Stranger Beside Me is classic Lifetime. Tiffani Amber Thiessen has made some of my favorite Lifetime movies, including She Fought Alone, and she excels in her role as a wife who can't trust her husband. This movie isn't great by any means, but if you're in the mood for a little drama that will keep you entertained, you don't have to look much further than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's What You Don't Know That Can Kill You, December 25, 2007
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
When I first checked this movie out in a local video store I wasn't expecting much. the first thing that turned me off was the that it was a Lifetime Original, not that lifetime movies are bad but they are usually very generic and over dramatic. But the cover of the movie had something that made me change my mind; the look kind of spooky so I picked it up. After viewing it I was surprised to say that it was worth the try, the movie is wonderfully paced and has a well brought out story.

The film begins with Jennifer (played by Tiffany Amber Thiessen) a young single girl who meets the wrong guy. At first this guy seems nice, wants to help, and even wants to marry and establish a family. Everything goes wrong when they start living together; he becomes a peeping tom and rapist. She begins to suspect on him when he arrives late and begins to lie. Now the story may be a bit generic but the actors do such a good job at bringing something new to an old story that in the end it feels like a whole different story. Great solid flick, it will make me think twice about Lifetime Originals.

MY PERSONAL RATING: 4 OUT OF 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!......it keeps you on your toes!......, September 2, 2010
May (Brooklyn N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
I looooove! that the "Victim".....took! total control and became the Victor!....this is a powerful! message if it's headed....as some one said..."If a person tells or shows you who they are...Believe them!.....and stop making excuses and get out! as fast as you can and don't look back....

Excellent! movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, typical Lifetime Movie, June 5, 2010
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
The only reason I chose to watch this from an online rental site was because I wrongly assumed that this was a dramatization of Ann Rule's The Stranger Beside Mewhich was about serial killer Ted Bundy. This 1995 drama is not about Bundy but another predator who is a serial peeping tom and rapist.

Tiffani Thiessen plays Jennifer, a young woman who is traumatized by a past experience and refuses to date until a nice and affable young man, Chris Gallagher (Eric Close) comes into her life. They date briefly and get married before moving to a naval base in California where strange incidents begin to happen - there's a peeping tom on the base and soon, women are getting raped. Jennifer begins to suspect her new husband when his nightly runs appear to coincide with these incidents.

Both leads are credible in their roles though in typical Lifetime fashion, the story smacks of melodrama. It was an interesting watch and will appeal to fans of Lifetime movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 31, 2013
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
After downgrading my cable channels, I no longer get LMN channel. Love this movie! I will watch it over and over.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE STRANGER BESIDE ME, February 22, 2013
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
I have to say I had to see this movie a couple of times, but then found that I really liked it. Very Suspensful

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 1, 2012
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
I am a big Lifetime Movie fan. I've seen The Stranger Beside Me a few times on Lifetime. Once I found it on Amazon I was very happy. I never knew I would own Lifetime Movies before. This is a great movie. Tiffani Thiessen did a great job. She looks very beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars good movie and intense, February 15, 2011
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
Good movie but intense. It can help one realize that if signs are in front of you to pay attention that could be obvious and not ignore them.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wife's Worst Nightmare, February 5, 2014
Taheen Lopez (United States- San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
Tiffani Thiessen stars as a newlywed who thinks she may be literally sleeping with danger when she begins to suspect that her husband is actually the rapist who's been preying on young women in their neighborhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, January 3, 2014
This review is from: The Stranger Beside Me (DVD)
it was a thrilling movie.
I didn't dislike anything about it.
I would recommend it anyone who likes watching movies.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Stranger Beside Me
The Stranger Beside Me by Sandor Stern (DVD - 2007)
$4.99 $4.04