5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!
I just finished reading this book and I feel like I am on a path to a new life! This book is well written and informative. I have already noticed a difference in my ability to handle anxiety and stress in my personal and professional lives. I would recommend this book to anyone- even if they don't think they need it!
Published on April 6, 2012 by Susanc_

3.0 out of 5 stars It's all about the e-formatting.
Published on September 8, 2012 by J. C. Starkman

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, April 6, 2012
This review is from: The Stress Response: How Dialectical Behavior Therapy Can Free You from Needless Anxiety, Worry, Anger, and Other Symptoms of Stress (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping us create a more peaceful home, April 9, 2012
Amy Alice (Hopkinton, MA USA) - See all my reviews
My husband and I have been taking turns reading this book. As parents of twin toddlers, life was starting to feel really out-of-control. This book has helped us both realize when stress is building and how to best cope with it. Between the kids, work, and life overall, we can all start to feel a little crazed. This book has helped us learn how to cope with it. By calming ourselves down, we're finding that our kids are mellowing out as well since our reactions have such an impact on them. We highly recommend Ms. Matta's book. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Helpful, April 9, 2012
This book is an excellent aid for anxiety management. The exercises are clearly laid out and help you to identify stress "triggers" so that you can control your response BEFORE the stress builds up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and useful tool!, April 1, 2012
So glad this book is finally available. Is seems very insightful and full of useful techniques to help with stess and anxiety that can be overwhelming at times. As a graduate student in counseling, I have learned about DBT and am looking forward to using some of these techniques in my everyday life as well as with future patients!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's all about the e-formatting., September 8, 2012
The Stress Response is a book I wanted to read about a subject in which I'm very interested. Unfortunately, I purchased this as an ebook because I wanted to read it right away. Which I did--or tried to do--within seconds of its arrival on my kindle. It's probably a good book. It's probably a very good book. But the ebook formatting, or lack thereof, was so distracting I couldn't focus on what I was trying to read. The content may be very good. It may be excellent. But when you are trying to read text that splits in the middle of words, type size that changes randomly, and chapters that may or may not begin or end properly, it's very annoying and frustrating. Not a good state of mind to read any book, much less one called The Stress Response! I wish I could return this ebook and purchase the physical book. I am going to get in touch with Amazon to find out how to return an ebook, and if that's even possible. I'm sorry I cannot offer a review of the content. When I buy the physical book and read it, I'll be happy to do that. Meanwhile, don't waste your money on the ebook version. By the way, I've read several well-formatted ebooks and enjoyed them immensely. (For example, fiction and non-fiction writer Lawrence Block's books and short stories are beautifully formatted, which allows his excellent writing to shine through.)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Stress Response, May 15, 2012
This book is very helpful in teaching how to relax and boost happiness. It is well laid out, making it easy to follow the necessary exercises and techniques. It teaches mood control; and the breathing exercises are particularly effective for reducing stress levels. I think, with practice, this book will be very useful for making long lasting changes to my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stress Reaction, May 7, 2012
I have attended one of Christy's workshop and the book is a great tool to use in conjunction with what I learned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worrying Can't Stop, June 14, 2012
Stress Response by Christy Matta

Stress Response is a wealth of user friendly information written by Christy Matta and supported with empirical research without being complicated. The reader gains a better understanding of how they react to overwhelming The strategies suggested by Ms. Matta throughout the book will require the reader to focus and journal the events that cause them moments of irritability, anger, sadness, confusion and hostility. The strategies suggested by Christy Matta for recognizing the components associated with difficult circumstances as they arise can be pragmatic. Keeping the documentation and applying the recommended techniques for handling stress is an awesome resource. The journal idea although is not a new concept is an excellent tool for individuals suffering with stress and under the care of a medical professional. This technique is critical in the treatment process for both the client and the medical professional partnership.

Crisis appear in various stages during a lifetime. They tend to always be an emotional and painful milestone that impacts the reactions to one's daily routine. Illness or death of a love one, lost of job, divorce are occurrences that last longer than a week and dealing with the day to day concerns may seem unbearable. I appreciated Ms. Matta's incorporation of realistic conflicting experiences of people as demonstrations for utilizing the practical tactics for coping with episodes of difficulty.

I recommend Ms. Matta's book Stress Response as a must read for everyone's personal and professional library. I will share this well written resource with family and colleagues because there immunity of STRESS and its often negative effects it brings is never an option.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to have by your bedside table., August 15, 2013
Great book teaching some DBT techniques for anxiety. Bought this to see if I would be something I would recommend to patients and ended up keeping one on my night table. You can open this book up and read any page and get something out of it! Great Book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stress Response, July 10, 2012
This is very readable book. It's packed with strategies to cope with situations that sometimes seem overwhelming. Each chapter will help you understand your stress response and teach you to change the way you respond to stressful situations. It will reduce stress and literally change your life-it has changed mine!