Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on October 11, 2010
I am a Precept leader and personal Bible studier. I have used the previous version continuously, going back and looking up how to do something, whether context, or contrast, - some technique. The new version adds structuring- and I am so glad because I haven't been able to take a class in it. The book is arranged well, typeface is easy to read, and I am planning on buying the workbook to use with a class. You do have to study the Bible intentionally, inductively, if you are going to have it transform your life and thinking and this book will give you the tools.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Kay Arthur, who, along with her husband, started Precept Ministries International is iconic in Bible Study instruction circles. There are many valid systems for studying the Bible, but by far the best, and most effective, is the Inductive Bible Study Method. Arthur introduces, and then teaches each step of the Inductive Bible Study Method, giving ample examples and illustrations. If you love the Bible, and aren't content with believing what other's say the Bible teaches, then get a copy of Kay Arthur's New How To Study Your Bible and be prepared to know for yourself, in ways you never dreamed possible, what the Bible itself teaches.
on May 24, 2011
This is a great small book to help people get on the road to in-depth study of the Bible. We will be using this during the summer for a small group study hoping to help jump start some great explorations of the Bible.
on March 2, 2012
This is THE answer to helping yourself learn how to better interpret and understand Scripture! The Arthurs and Mr. DeLacy have written much to help the Bible student understand how each book might have been penned in light of Literature and how that alters the interpretation of each but the most helpful are the practical study tools that, once learned and incorporated, yielded more understanding and clarity to Bible texts than I'd previously been taught in years of Christian high schools, college and personal discipleship!! A MUST for every student of the Bible!
on August 8, 2013
Tons of information, but much of it very useful. Can't wait to start applying what I've learned. If your looking for shortcuts to bible study this is the wrong book. The process will be time consuming but so worth it!! I wish more people would learn to really study the bible using her methods.
on July 26, 2013
As I mentioned in my review of the workbook I find this book to be a fantastic aid to learning how to dig into God's Word and discover what He has to say to you directly as opposed to always relying on someone else to tell you what they think It says. I really enjoy a solid Biblical resource that doesn't come off as pretentious but is just down to earth easily accessible and applicable info.
on July 24, 2013
I ordered this after ordering a Precept study. It's taken me deeper than Hermanuetics 101 did in my Bible college. Great book for those walking with Christ for many years but longing for something deeper when it comes to Bible study. Esp great as a companion to a Precept study!
on October 25, 2012
My time studying has been so much more productive because of this read.

Kay takes her time to develop various aspects of this study method and does it comprehensively and simplistically. This is guaranteed to groom your study methods and bring you closer to better understanding the inspired scriptures.
on December 6, 2013
I have ordered a number of these for the people in my wife precept bible study class. They all love them
on January 13, 2013
A great book to help you learn how to study the Word of God. Helps you become a "meat eater" rather than a "milk drinker"