Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Suitcase Entrepreneur: Create freedom in business and adventure in life
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 11, 2013
First up I must state that reading about Natalie online and having bought her book, I get the feeling she is a really lovely person who is enjoying life and loves to travel. She seems like someone I could really get on with and whose company I would enjoy.

However, there are so many new books out with people selling a dream. How does Natalie make her money? By selling her information products and the information products of others which is mostly information freely available on the internet. I suppose the best part of the book is the list of business tools that Natalie refers to such as Asana, Hootsuite, ODesk, Elance, Google Anayltics, etc. I knew about most of the tools, but there are some that I did not know about that I will investigate. If you check out Natalie's blog at Suitcaseentrepreneur.com you will find these tools here.

It seems like a lot of the lifestyle entrepreneurs work togother, promoting each other's books and tools. But my feeling is that they are really selling the dream. They promote each other's books, sell to each other's lists and do joint ventures, give each other book reviews etc. (this is great marketing, so well done)

I have my own business and my aim is to have my business run completely without me, so that I can travel a few months a year and play sport a few hours a day and socialise more. However, I am doing this by running an actual business, providing great products that clients want, setting up better systems and hiring great people and providing an exceptional service to our clients and delighting them in every way possible. This involves a lot of hard work and trying to be better at what we do every single day. We work hard and slowly but surely I am getting more time to work on new ventures and play my sport.

So the lifestyle books I am interested in are written by people who actually have businesses or who have had businesses that operate so well that they can take more time off.

Natalie's book is not this. I question what her business is. Is is being an affiliate? Is it selling digital information which is mostly freely available? I think so. So after you read her book and go to her website, that is where you starts making her money, by the courses you buy from her, like a business toolkit etc. And all credit to her for doing well.

Maybe a better title should be how to make money as an affiliate, or how to make money by publishing a book and then getting a list and selling internet marketing related products. I am sure that Natalie is super bright and super organised. She probably helps a lot of people with their internet marketing, social media etc.

If you're in business, there are so many great books out there, including What Clients Love by Harry Beckwith, Tycoon by Peter Jones, Think and Grow Rich ( you can download this for free ) so don't pay for it. etc etc. For an excellent internet marketing book, Christine Clayfield's From Newbie to Millionaire is such good value for what you get.

So in summary, there might be some useful tips in her book like the online tools I mention above. I have a library of business books. It comes down to focus, niche, let's not try to be all things to everyone, amazing service, systems, delegation, staff incentives and always great products and great service and gratitude.

Hope my review has been useful to you all.
1313 comments| 235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2013
This is an okay book with some good info. I've been pretty much doing this lifestyle for several years now, in a handful of countries. Based on that I know there's some value in the author's advice. Where the books falls short is delving into the details needed for the average Joe or Jill to pull off the lifestyle without a lot of trial and error.

What I find most annoying about the book and the reason for dinging one of those stars is the author's incessant self promotion of her other books starting very early on and continuing throughout the book. I often got the impression I purchased a sales brochure instead of a stand alone book.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2014
I agree with some of the other posts. A+ on selling the dream and great for obtaining many resources to use, but not necessarily how to execute it. There is a lot of information that I didn't find particularly useful about traveling and living on the road, that other people might have found more useful. I don't know that I would recommend the book to anyone, but I enjoyed the read for what it was worth.
on November 25, 2013
Jam packed full of resources, and overflowing with tips and practical steps that help you become your own boss and live life by your own terms. A heavy-resource book. I love the book, the message, and the clear steps to take to create the life I want.
on August 30, 2015
Natalie Sisson is an inspiring brave woman who is living the dream of what many females wish, but was afraid to pursue. She covers all aspects of her lifestyle and choosing freedom in her book so well that anyone who read the book should have no excuse not to seek out their full potential and face the challenge to achieve what they really want. I've read Tim Ferris' s Four Hour Work Week previously and has been pursing the path of digital nomadisim and lifestyle business. Natalie's Suitcase Entrepreneur helped me even more to understand the details, the concerns, and the endless potentials of one could do, and always love that rebellious attitude to be a freedom fighter!
on December 20, 2014
This book was exactly what I was looking for - inspiring with actionable information and steps that is told in an easy to read format. Well done in a sea of books talking about how to create a business from anywhere. This one stands out and I definitely recommend it for the adventurous online business soul.
on June 14, 2015
This is one of the best business books I have read in a while. Packed with lots of relevant information, lots of examples and plenty of links to online services and apps that are really helpful and have already saved me money. A real solid how-to book for starting any on-line business.

I though there was a lot of honesty in both the ups and owns of running a business and seeing the world at the same time. Great tips on traveling, dealing with taxes and currencies and the safety of yourself, your money and your equipment.

On the downside, a few typos and a couple of needless cliche snipes at Starbucks and Paris Hilton.

But I am very happy I bought the book that finally helped me discover an on-line money making idea. I would definitely recommend this book.
on April 7, 2014
I bought the paperback to read through and highlight all the good stuff inside, but I ended up reading a lot of it off the kindle copy I bought on sale too. I don’t remember where I heard about Natalie Sisson, but I’m so glad I found her and this book! It was absolutely fabulous! What a fun, engaging, easy to follow guide for those who would like to start a business and run it from anywhere. I found the tips that Natalie gave throughout the book very helpful, easy to access and eye opening. I loved the inclusion of not only Natalie’s, testimonials, but the variety of testimonials from people who are living their dream of traveling and working at the same time and found them very inspirational. There’s just enough info about starting a new business, pro tips on how to go about organizing it, outsourcing, promotion and sales to get even the most clueless entrepreneurs out there a fighting chance to get their dreams going.

I absolutely loved how it was chock full of travel tips, websites and apps all through the book to help you out while you’re away from home. What a wealth of information, precautions and insider hacks that can be used for any world traveler. I’m a writer and have recently really thought about travelling more abroad while I work off my laptop creating stories. I can’t wait to put this wealth of information to use and enjoy my time off even more than I do now. I highly recommend reading this guide. It’s not dry or boring but fun, engaging, and you get a real feel for the lifestyle through not just Natalie’s eyes, but from a range of business owners doing the same thing she’s doing. More freedom while working is my goal and I really loved this book. I will be definitely looking at it over and over again for reference as I travel the world and live the life I can’t wait to jump into. Great book!
on June 5, 2014
Natalie is a great writer and explains the steps a new location independent person needs to take to really get things going to live the life they want to lead.

I particularly found the sections about technology and productivity beneficial to me, as those are the areas that I struggled with in the beginning of my freelancing career.

If you're looking for the information you need to live the life you want, travel and experience new things all while running your own business, then this is the book for you. You won't regret buying it!
on June 30, 2015
How to live the freedom lifestyle and travel the world from someone that actually does! I have applied many of the lessons in the book over the past year and found them to work really well! Definitely a book you can read again and again to implement even more success in your online business. A+