5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book on Nutrition I have ever read!
Published on January 10, 2008 by M. Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on January 12, 2009 by Bonnie B. Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book on Nutrition I have ever read!, January 10, 2008
The original SuperFoodsRx was a guideline for me that helped me loose over 100lbs. I highly recommend this book as a guide to get and stay healthy. It changed the way I looked at food and this book simplifies eating even more. I read this new book in two days and it completely reinforced everything I had read in the original SuperFoods Book. Preparing meals has become a game to me to see how many super foods I can get into each dish. My morning oatmeal is now made with soymilk, walnuts, berries and soy protein powder. If I can manage to eat and stay healthy for almost four years anyone can! I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn to be healthy and give up fast food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information, but a little confusing, February 5, 2008
This book is packed with wonderful information on eating healthy. There is so much information in here! Don't expect to pick it up and get a grasp on it right away. It takes a few read-throughs to grasp all the information. I have a biomedical background, and it was a bit challenging to put together my 'slim-down' menu for the week. I found myself flipping back and forth between chapters trying to find out how much of which Category to add to what meal. I'm glad I did, though, because the food is delicious! Don't believe the reviews that say the recipes are no good. Yesterday I made the turkey-pumpkin chili - YUM! Amazon had the best price for this book, so grab one now!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 12, 2009
I suppose if you are new to the whole superfoods theory this might be an okay start. However, I've read too many other good authors' works to have gone through this book and not say anything. The information is dated, at times misleading and inaccurate. I have three of this authors' Superfoods books. I should have bought only one prior to the other two. If you want to truly educate yourself, start with "The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth" by Jonny Bowden, then try "seasonal food" by Susannah Blake, "The Food Substitutions Bible" by David Joachim and "the new whole foods encyclopedia" by Rebecca Wood.

2.0 out of 5 stars What?, January 1, 2009
What? Did anyone use this book before it went to print? Does it really take an entire paragraph to cover the with or without grains? Why in Chapter 3 am I asked "If you didn't create your menu plan as suggested in Prep & Practice Week detailed in the next chapter, now's the time to do it." Are you kidding me. Why on page 193 under the Lunch and Dinner Selections is there just an outline that is confusing. But wait there is more turn the page and you get to read it again but this time with the information that you are really looking for. Why am I given mix and match options before I am given the real options that I get to mix and match with? I know that there is life changing information in this book and I am going to figure it out, but by the time I figure it out the book is going to be worn out. There should have been a prep and practice period before this book went to press. Maybe it should have been put in the hands of your everyday user to better arrange the layout.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book - but somewhat confusing, February 13, 2008
I have to agree with another reviewer that this book was a bit confusing. When I got to the point of actually planning my menus, I found myself constantly flipping through the book to different chapters, to make sure I was doing this correctly. Aside from the somewhat confusing layout, I really belive that this is a great book, with some solid advice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complicated & Unrealistic, April 15, 2012
I was excited to dive into this book as I like to shift between nutrition books to keep things interesting in my overall healthy lifestyle. After sitting down and reading through it, I must say, this is the worst and least accessible of any diet book I have ever seen. It claims to be a diet book that focuses on the long term, but by being entirely too nitpicky and complicated, there is no way that a working man or woman could seriously follow this without a significant investment of time and money.

First off, there are multiple recipes on this thing that require 2 and a half hours! What!? Who has two and a half hours to dedicate to making a tomato smoothie? I'm not exaggerating here. Other recipes require an hour or so on average, which is impossible for anyone who lives on the go.

Secondly, these bland recipes call for multiple, perishable ingredients that are used in such small amounts that you're throwing away money at the grocery store for food that you will inevitably have to throw away.

The layout of the book is complicated and it's chock full of ever-changing sequences of food equations that compliment and negate others in a jumbled, unorganized fashion. Good luck following along.

Simply put, this book is completely out of touch with the average lifestyle of working men and women. If you do follow it, get ready to spend large amounts of time and money trying to stick with it. And if you ever find yourself out at a restaurant (You know, that thing that normal people do to maintain their social and professional relationships?) well, forget about it. It will be a race between your waiter and the company you're with to see just who gets to murder you first for making such high-maintenance and downright, outlandish requests.

I still feel like The Abs Diet is the best book out there, and I recommend it over this disaster, tenfold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Foods Rx Diet review, March 13, 2011
G. Cook "Accapella freak" (Springfield, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This Book is packed with good, sound nutritional advice about not only how to lose weight and keeping it off, but also how to make it a lifestyle change so it is easier to keep it off. No fad diet ideas, no gimmicks. This diet provides good food and you won't go hungry. I ate more on this diet than I did before I went on it and I still lost weight!
I sleep better, my skin hair and nails are in better condition and after one month on this diet I lost 11 inches, and 8 lbs ! I love this diet because the foods you are eating provide no wasted calories.It is all very nutritious food that your body utilizes all of.
If you want to lose weight and love to eat...this is your diet and your diet book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A new and sensible approach, January 17, 2008
The book presents a strong research-based plan for combining the top healthy foods into meals and snacks that satisfy my palate, as well as hunger pains, and that support my efforts to achieve optimum health and weight. I'm making much better meal choices and have broken the sugar-craving cycle, which for me is an amazing achievement. It's a refreshing and innovative approach that makes sense for everyone, and one that I believe is do-able over the long term.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated!, October 12, 2008
Aaaack! Excellent nutritional information, but twice I've picked up this book and twice I've put it back down in sheer frustration, finding it much too complicated to incorporate the information into a fully inclusive meal plan. Category 1 foods are confusing--in one place in the book it states the user should eat 1 serving from Category 1 every day. In another place in the book it states the user should eat 1 serving of EACH of the Category 1 foods every day. Which is it? I need a table with boxes to check off in order to put together a complete meal plan--the one in the book is incomplete. It should offer check off boxes for the number of daily servings required from each category. Perhaps I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be. At this point the most I'm willing to do is to make a list of the superfoods and incorporate them into my regular diet. Forget the complicated meal planning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a diet, a way of life., October 28, 2011
Janet (Half Moon Bay, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This book was enjoyable to read and its recommendations really work. The authors advocate a way of life more than a "diet". I lost 15 pounds and it was easy and tasty. I have given copies to relatives and friends needing this kind of encouragement. Following its guidelines you will never feel deprived. I re-read sections and recipes periodically to keep myself on track and motivated.

The Superfoods Rx Diet: Lose Weight with the Power of SuperNutrients
The Superfoods Rx Diet: Lose Weight with the Power of SuperNutrients by Kathy Matthews (Hardcover - December 26, 2007)
$25.95 $10.38