Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 30, 2006
I am a huge fan of this show. I think it's extremely well written and I love all of the actors. These DVDs really do not do the program justice. They contain almost none of the original music from the aired episodes. It is all replaced with crappy filler that sounds like something you'd hear in an elevator. CBS only played for 2 real songs because they were necessary to the story. The music that they used to replace the original sounds like tracks that would come with iMovie because they are free to license. The lack of music makes some scenes just plain awkward at times. It seriously hurts the moments. The episodes completely lack the same emotional punches as the ones that aired. For example in "The Slutty Pumpkin" the perfectly placed Nada Surf song "Inside of Love" is gone and the episode's ending feels abrupt. In the episode "Okay Awesome" most of it takes place in a dance club. The cheap music that is now used feels completely out of place. The original episode sounded like they were in a club, the replaced music is just strange an unfitting. I was really disappointed by this because I really enjoy this show and wanted to introduce friends to it using this DVD set. It's just not the same. I'd rather watch the episodes on the internet now. The picture may be blurry but at least it's the real show.
1515 comments|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 11, 2007
How I Met Your Mother is a Friends-like comedy about five twentysomethings (Lily, Marshall, Ted, Robin, and Barney) in New York. Lily, a kindergarten teacher, and Marshall, an aspiring attorney, have been together for the last nine years and in the first episode they become engaged. Ted, an architect and Marshall's roommate and best friend, has been looking at their perfect relationship for the last nine years and decides that it's time for him to find his own someone special. Barney, who wears suits just about everywhere, is Ted's other best friend and the most hilarious character on the show. And finally Robin, a tv news reporter, just joins the group when Ted decides that she might be the one.

The story is told from Ted's point of view and the show is basically a love story in reverse. In the year 2030, Ted is telling two teenagers the story of how he met their mother beginning with the escapades he and his friends had in the year 2005. The five of them hang out at MacLaren's (their Central Perk) and try to navigate planning a wedding, finding a soul mate, and having legendary moments on a day to day basis. Each episode brings us closer to finding out who the "mother" is, but it's left to the viewer to wonder if the woman in question is Ted's wife or if these are even his kids.

How I Met Your Mother is easily one of the funniest shows on television right now. Each episode is full of hilarious one-liners, and Barney's lines alone are enough to make you laugh out loud. I don't know how I missed this show the first time around, but I'm grateful it's on DVD. If you're in the mood for easy laughs with witty humor, I'd definitely recommend How I Met Your Mother.
on March 7, 2016
I was watching the 3rd season, Then all of a sudden it is off PRIME. This is the 2nd series this has happened to me recently. This will be my last year of paying for prime. Amazon should treat their loyal customers better than this. Very disappointed.
on March 15, 2016
For some reason you had to take this off prime. I medically watch this to fall asleep every night, and now, I lay there in silence because of the worst decision you ever made. You have ruined my life amazon. #dissapointed
on October 29, 2006
This is a great TV show currently out right now. The show is about a middle-aged man, Ted Mosby, who tells the story to his teenage children of how he met their mother. This is easily one of the best shows of the decade. The humor and sexual innuendo are outrageously funny. The narration of the story to his children shows a sentimental spark. It is definitely a great DVD set for those who enjoy modern 21st century humor or have a special place in the heart for a special someone.
on March 6, 2016
This is a great series, but Amazon has removed it from prime so I will no longer be watching it.

I had 5 episodes downloaded on my device and they were removed with NO warning at all as the rest of the show was taken off of prime video access. This is infuriating as primes video content is already abysmal. I will most likely be cancelling my subscription after this incident as there is nothing else I'm interested in watching, and I can use the $99 a year towards buying shows that will always be available...
on September 21, 2006
I think this show has a lot of potential to be a really good show. The cast is funny and endearing and the premise is fun.

I missed the pilot and first few episodes. Finally I caught episode 5 (I think) and thought it was pretty funny. I think it has the potential to be great! Every character in the CBS show (5 in total) are likable but I must give extra kudos to the characters played by Alyson Hannigan (Lily), and Neil Patrick Harris (Barney). I may be biased towards my liking of Alyson Hannigan's Lily (due to her previous roles: American Pie Series, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer) but she brings a charm and charismatic flair to the show. Also Neil Patrick Harris' Barney is GREAT!!! He basically plays a creep which I'm sure everyone is familiar with (because I know I sure am!). I find Barney hilarious!!! He IS that creepy guy at the club but that's what makes him lovable.

All in all this show has potential! As long as the stories, acting and writing keep up then I am definitely going to tune in! I think once people start getting to know the characters better, they'll start tuning in as well. Everyone always compares this show to "Friends" which didn't really get popular until after the first season. Hopefully, this show will continue to be funny and exceed our expectations.

If anyone needs an episode list -- here it is --

1. Pilot: When Ted's best friend Marshall proposes to his girlfriend, Lily, Ted realizes he'd better get a move on if he hopes to find true love.

2. Purple Giraffe: a desperate attempt for a second date, Ted invites Robin to a party he is throwing. However, she doesn't show up and he keeps throwing parties in the hopes she will finally arrive.

3. Sweet Taste of Liberty:Ted agrees to let Barney spice up his love life, and ends up on a crazy adventure of flying to Philadelphia, encountering the law and visiting the Liberty Bell.

4. Return of the Shirt:Ted's outlook on his continuing search for love is altered when he rediscovers a shirt that has not seen daylight in years.

5. Okay Awesome:Ted and Barney start checking out the club scene with their friend Robin, whereas Lily and Marshall try to participate in some more "grown-up" activities, as they draw slowly nearer to their wedding.

6. Slutty Pumpkin:Ted makes his yearly pilgrimage to the rooftop Halloween party in search of a girl dressed as a pumpkin who he met years ago

7. Matchmaker:When a matchmaker with a 100% success rate turns Ted away because he is not compatible with any of the available women in her database, he is still determined that he is going to find his match

8. The Duel: As Lily becomes more of a permanent fixture in the apartment, Ted feels like he is being edged out of the mix by his engaged roomies.

9. Belly Full of Turkey: Ted and Robin are surprised to run into Barney when they volunteer at a homeless shelter on Thanksgiving.

10. The Pineapple Incident: After being forced into knocking back 5 shots, so he will stop thinking, Ted goes on a partying rampage.

11. The Limo:Ted rents a limo to take the gang out to sample five New Year's Eve parties in a quest to find the perfect celebration.

12. The Wedding: Robin accepts Ted's invite to a friend's wedding, but thanks to Ted, the couple may never make it down the aisle.

13. Drumroll, Please: Ted finds a new woman at the wedding. They want to remember the evening so they don't exchange last names or numbers; but Ted takes a big fall when he tries to find out her name.

14. Zip, Zip, Zip: After agreeing to take things slowly and not have sex for a month, Ted and Victoria decide that they have waited long enough.

15. Game Night: A mysterious tape arrives for Barney from one of his numerous ex-girlfriends, and the entire gang watches it.

16. Cupcake: Things are going great with Ted and Victoria's relationship, but when Victoria is offered a dream job, they have to make some decisions.

17. Life Among the Gorillas: Marshall interns at the corporation where Barney works and finds that he is becoming a shallow jerk as he tries to fit in.

18. Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M.: Robin asks Ted to come over to her apartment after 2 A.M., but he isn't sure if he wants to go ...

19. Mary the Paralegal: Robin is nominated to receive an award for a news report and everyone needs a date to take to the show.

20. Best Prom Ever: Lily, Barney and Robin attend a high school prom

21. Milk: When a matchmaking company calls Ted claiming they have found his soul mate, he is forced to postpone his date when Lily asks for his help.

22. Come On: Ted tries to keep Robin from going on a camping trip so that she can spend time with him.
on December 23, 2006
I love this show. I really, really do. I've seen every episode countless times and I like my Monday nights uninterrupted so that I don't miss a moment. But this season set is kinda crummy. Sure, it has a lot of commentary, but things are missing here.

First of all, full screen instead of wide screen? Major flaw. I saw the episodes in widescreen format originally, so I'm not used to this full screen presentation. There's no reason I can see why this set is not in widescreen.

Secondly, and I'm sure it has to do with money and copyrights, but a TON of music in the season is changed. Nada Surf's "Inside of Love" from "The Slutty Pumpkin"? Yeah, gone. And that song fit the ending for the episode so perfectly. The song in its place doesn't do the moment justice. Additionally, Chumbawamba's "Tubthumper" is eliminated from the scene where the group eats in Lily's apartment/Chinese restaurant. Sure, the Belle and Sebastian song and others that were written into the script are there, but it seems like everything else is changed. CBS: If you're going to put a song in an episode for when it airs and don't plan on getting the rights to it for the DVD, don't put it in at all! I still have a couple of episodes left to watch from the set, and I sure hope that the song at the end of the finale isn't gone...
on April 8, 2016
I never watched this on regular TV but I was first exposed to this series by a Best of DVD only the DVD don't play on my DVD player but did on my computer. I started watching on Netflix and I have watch the entire series maybe four and am on my fifth watching of this series. Barney being my favorite character. I found season 3 and 4 at Big lots and purchased them there and had to finish the collection so I started ordering the remanding seasons from Amazon. I have a very large DVD collection and have a number of complete series in it. I may be watch on Netflix but the DVD sets allow me to take to a friends' homes so they can enjoy them with me. These characters are very funny and get funnier each time I watch. Worth adding to my DVD collection.
on January 12, 2007
Many people dread Mondays. It is the day you have to go begin getting up early again and go back to work, with a full five days ahead until relief. I don't really have much problem with Mondays. It's Sundays that I don't like (other than, of course it being the LORD's Day. That part of Sunday is always good. Keep the lightning bolts at bay, Yahweh!) On Sunday, you realize the weekend is almost over. What was supposed to be a relaxing, refreshing break from work almost never is. There is always something (family get-togethers, extended visits to watering holes) that does a double energy take-away. (1) You lose energy from being out and not getting sleep and rest. (2) You lose energy realizing that all the work you were planning on getting done for work Monday morning has not even been started and will not get done.

Mondays are a cake-walk compared to Sundays. The work that had weighed on my mind on Sunday, I know on Monday is not that big of a deal. Happy Hour exists for Mondays just as much as Fridays, with the same beer specials and half priced appetizers that can be found at the end of the week. Best of all is the Monday T.V. programming on CBS.

My three shows are How I Met Your Mother, The Class, and Two and A Half Men. How I Met Your Mother gets brownie points before seeing a single episode just for casting Bob Saget (who plays the effeminate Danny Tanner on Full House) and Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser from Doogie Howser and Neil Patrick Harris/Doogie Howser from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle). The premise of the show: Older Ted who we never see (voiced by Bob Saget), in the year 2030, is telling his teenage children the story of how he met their mother. The episodes consist of the Ted from 2006 and his buddies living as young mid to upper 20 something's figuring out their place in life. Presumably, the duration of the series will lead us to seeing who ends up being the woman that Ted settles down with.

Our cast includes Ted, his best friend Marshall, Marshall's fiancée Lily (played by Alyson Hannigan, who played Band Camp Girl Michelle in the American Pie movies), Ted's best female friend and Lily's best friend Robin, and, in my opinion, the star of the show, Ted's other best friend Barney (played by Mr. Doogie Howser himself, NPH). Marshall and Lily are the typical happy, in love couple, but they are really cool about it. They always hang out with their friends, and are not That PDA Couple who makes everyone else feel awkward and uncomfortable. Barney is the shameless rich playboy who has no qualms about being who he is, and makes the show always funny and entertaining. Robin is a local television anchor, really pretty, and really sweet. She is the perfect girl. Ted has had girlfriends, but just cannot seem to find the right relationship or the right girl. And, of course, Ted and Robin like each other as more than friends, everyone else can tell, but they will not tell each other. And, yeah, Ted does not know Robin likes him and Robin does not know Ted likes her.

The story arc thus far has gone something like this: Marshall and Lily are working out living together and planning the wedding, but more important, serving as friends for Ted and Robin. Barney is the comic relief, and always keeps everyone loose. Near the beginning of the season, there is a wedding they all are attending. Barney goes alone (fear not! He never has to go home alone). Marshall and Lily go together. Ted does not have a date, so he asks Robin. At the last minute, she cancels because of a big opportunity to anchor the local news. So, Ted goes alone, where he meets a really great girl. Robin changes her mind, but shows up just in time to see that Ted has met a girl. A few episodes go by, and the new girl is in Germany, but still dating Ted. Ted is waiting for her to call but she hasn't yet, and he gets a call at 2 AM from Robin, who is sitting around, heartbroken, lonely, and she invited Ted over. "Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM" runs through his head, but he goes anyway. Ted finds out on the phone from Marshall and Lily that Robin really likes him, so he should not go over, but he does anyway. He tells Robin that he and his girlfriend broke up. They start making out, Ted feels guilty, so he goes to the bathroom to call his girlfriend and officially break up before doing anything with Robin, but he has taken Robin's phone by mistake. Robin answers Ted's phone, and gives Ted the phone with his girlfriend on it...

Anyway, the question is up in the air whether Robin is going to be The One, or if the story is leading elsewhere. The show may seem chick flick-ish, but it resonates. We all have friends like Marshall and Lily, the happy couple. We also have friends like Barney, the guy who sleeps around a little too much, and is not afraid to brag about it, but is really a good guy who cares about his friends (even if that concern sometimes consists of "I need to get you laid so you can forget that one who got away").

Wait a second! If you think about the show's premise, it is kind of creepy that Ted is telling his teenage children about his whole pre-meeting their mom sex life. There are some things people should just not tell their children. Oh well. It's just a show.